Brookdale Edina

3330 Edinborough Way, Edina, MN, 55435

Reviews of Brookdale Edina

Caring82727450 December 30, 2014

The staff at Edina Park Plaza was really great. The woman that showed us around was really warm, helpful, and very detailed. We had lunch beforehand; she set that up for us so we could try the dining facility. We saw several different apartments, and they were updated. They have nice kitchens, and it kind of have a little bit more like a hotel feel than like a home feel. I like the updated apartments.

Kimberly12 November 29, 2014

Brookdale is one of the nice ones, and it had the price that we could afford. The staff is very nice, and they are on doing some updating so there is some construction going on which is really hard on my dad. The food is OK; it’s not great, but it’s okay. There are quite a few activities like book readings, sing-alongs, and trips; they’ve got a bus, and the location is nice.

Caring96472750 October 16, 2014

When we were at Edina Park Plaza, it was under construction. It was very noisy, and it was really hard to get a good feel for how it really was there. It was a high rise building which my mom wasn’t really interested in, and it wasn’t a good fit for us. It just seemed like it was a hard place to get in and out of and difficult for people parking and coming to visit. There were a few things that were just not very pleasant about that.

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We are currently remodeling our dining room and public areas, and unfortunately, some parking is temporarily closed off due to the remodeling. Our residents are looking forward to the renovations and we hope you will visit again to see all of the improvements we have made!

Peggy35 July 31, 2014

I thought the food at Edina Park Plaza was very good; the tour was nice; and we enjoyed the facility. The staff were all very nice. The dining facility was what I liked the most and the overall layout was nice, too.

Caring60173050 June 28, 2014

I got a tour of Edina Park, and the staff was excellent. They answered all my questions quite clearly. I saw people sitting and reading and playing cards, and there were people in the dining room chatting. The parking was easy. The rooms were beautiful. The size was adequate, and they had a good kitchen area and safety poles. They’ve got excellent views out the window. The attitude of the staff was very good. The marketing manager went out of her way to help us, and she was excellent.

Caring80786950 March 31, 2014

Edina Park Plaza indicated that they were going through a fairly major renovation. The bathroom was remodeled, and they had all of the safety grips, but they had those things before. It's just that it was time for an upgrade, evidently. They had kitchens with marble-looking countertops and new appliances.

The windows are big, so there is a lot of natural light in the windows in the rooms. In some cases, they're from a very high ceiling down, not to the floor but to within a couple of feet of the floor, so it's very bright and sunny.

The people were very nice. We met some of the residents and the staff. They have a nice area for dining, as well as an area where they can go out onto. It's not outside, but it's into Edinborough covered park area, which has trees, and they do activities and concerts and things there as well. It has a good connection to the rest of the building in the facility and community. It was a good, interesting visit.

Rick18 March 29, 2014

Edina Park Plaza was nice, but they remodeled all the things now, and I haven't been there since it was remodeled. I only got to meet a couple of their staff members, and they were very friendly and very pleasant. They had an exercise area there, and it was very nice. I also know that they had level three rehab there.

Nancy82036850 December 30, 2013

Edina Park Plaza it fabulous. They treat my mom with such respect and kindness. When we get to the restaurant of the place, they always make sure to get her order first and talk to her. It just needs a little remodeling and the elevator is slightly worn. But I am very pleased and I highly recommend it to others.

Caring4669 September 10, 2013

I saw two different apartments of Edina Park. They were quite nice. They're doing a multi-million dollar renovation and expansion. They were very proud of their food services, so I was invited to have lunch but I was unable to stay at that point. One of the things that I like about it is it's connected to really nice indoor park. I would recommend this facility to others.

johnsondgdt September 05, 2013

Beautiful lobby! Does NOT feel like like anything other than a luxury hotel. This feeling carries over into the newly remodeled apartments all with large windows. Superior services provided and no stone is left unturned when it comes to amenities.

Shirley24 August 01, 2013

My parents are in a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Edina Park Plaza. Their room was on the 16th floor and has a balcony with an incredible view especially at night. The food at the restaurant downstairs is very good. The thing that I really like the most is that they have this cafeteria type of service with a huge service menu and items can be paid a la carte. My dad is crippled and has diabetes, and just recently we found out mom has Alzheimer's. They provide (I didn't get to listen how much or what was the number about) meals per person per month, which is really helpful because my mother doesn't have to cook. It also forces her to go downstairs and socialize with other people living there, which is very good.

Rebecca16 July 24, 2013

Edina Park Plaza was absolutely amazing. It was a block away from where my mother-in-law lived so it was near. The people were warm and family-like. When we went there, they served us lunch and had three residents who joined us so my mother-in-law could ask them questions. They showed us three different floorplans available. They had a lot of activities like music, concert, outings, restaurants and all activities were posted in the wall. It would be nice if they had some green space and outdoor gardens.

heckw33 July 23, 2012

The Park Plaza always made a good impression on me from the very beginning. Not only me, but my grandmother seemed to enjoy living there as well and honestly, she's not the easiest to please. The staff was always very friendly when greeting and very flexible when it came to moving in and out. I always thought that the facility was very nice and well kept, and it seemed like there were always events and things that my grandmother was taking place in. As far as the food and meals went, my grandmother always raved and sometimes bragged about the meals they would get there. I actually stayed for a meal with her once and the spaghetti was delicious! The common rooms all seemed very large and spacious, and there were always friendly residents around to talk to. It seemed like everyone I would encounter always was in a good mood. If I had to recommend an assisted living facility near the Twin Cities, I would definitely recommend the Park Plaza.

Joe S. July 23, 2012

My family put my great uncle into the Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior Community because he was struggling living by himself. We thought it would be a painful process moving him into the facility, but the staff made it as easy and painless as possible. My great uncle learned to enjoy himself here, as he enjoyed the food and the multitude of different activities he could take part in with the other residents. The other residents were also very nice, and truly seemed to enjoy their time at the facility. When my great uncle's time finally came, the facility staff again helped make the process as painless as possible, and were incredibly kind and understanding during the whole thing. I would definitely recommend Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior Community to anyone, they will take very good care of your loved ones, and make a rather difficult time go as smoothly as possible.

cocoabutter March 26, 2012

Edina Park Plaza Assisted Living and Senior community was probably one of the best assisted living facilities that I have ever been to. Every area that I saw was in excellent condition and exceptionally clean. The common areas are very large and open and provided a very welcoming atmosphere. The occupants that I observed seemed very happy and had only good things to say about the facility. One person spoke of the wonderful food quality and options that they have. I was surprised to see a menu with a variety of detailed options; nothing even comparable to other facilities that I have seen.

The staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable about the residents and their needs. They seemed to offer shuttle services several times throughout the day. Overall, I was very impressed by this facilities clean and inviting atmosphere and amenities. The staff and residents seemed to have respect for one another and it seemed like a place for seniors to create meaningful relationships. I would have no hesitation recommending this location to anyone looking for such a place to live or stay.

nonajoy February 12, 2012

We live here, and love it. The food is outstanding, with the staff supportive, caring, and friendly. Bill C., the building manager is a friend to all us and goes out of his way to help in any way possible.

The services provided are well-planned, appropriate, and interesting. The shuttle service is very good, running every hour to take us to great shopping, medical appointments, library, and many other locations "in the loop".

The design of the building encourages us to get to know one another, but our privacy is always respected. This is a great place to live. Did I mention that the food (restaurant style, with a varied menu) is excellent, and the chefs come out to see if we like what they have prepared, and work hard to please us all.

commercesd May 27, 2011

Visited this facility

Edina Park Plaza is located in a conveniently situated area very near Minneapolis. Known as a high-end community, this facility fits right in. My aunt had lived near Edina for many years, so she is familiar with the area and has many friends and family nearby. This will be very convenient for visits. The community includes an accessible and comfortable lifestyle, while providing assistance on an as-needed basis. It was clear that the staff here understand that everyone is different and they act accordingly.

Edinborough indoor park provides a year-round opportunity to visit the outdoors regularly, which is unique in Minnesota. The weather can be brutal to deal with, so this part is a welcome attribute. My aunt really liked the gorgeous plants, trees and flowers, walking paths, track, and swimming pool. She had been a member of the YWCA and swam regularly, so this is important to her. We were also told that a professional will tailor a personalized exercise program.

The interior and private rooms were really inviting and they can adjust design to your tastes, which is unique. There is plenty of room, adequate for private visitors. The menu features all of my aunt's favorite foods and includes many new things to try. They also make every effort to provide foods that are appetizing and will prepare things to your liking, including new dishes. The staff was very accommodating and also seemed very caring to everyone we encountered at the facility.

slclynn May 24, 2011

Visited this facility

Edina Park Plaza is one of the nicest assisted living facilities I have been in. It is immaculately clean and has a warm homey feeling from the special rooms like the library to the swimming pool, walking path and gorgeous gardens. The seniors I visited who lived at Edina Park Plaza loved the fact that they were able to have their dogs living with them and felt that made all the difference in the world to them as far as feeling that they were really home there. The dining room has great décor and the meals look pretty good although I have never eaten there. Edina is a very safe neighborhood according to local crime reports, and the residents I visited really enjoyed walking in the local neighborhood area. The staff were very friendly and were quick to respond to resident's requests. I would definitely give this facility 4 stars.

From Brookdale Edina

Brookdale Edina provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Edina

• Golf
  • General store
  • Hiking trails
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Staff patient ratio: 9 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55