Sunrise of Edgewater

351 River Road, Edgewater, NJ, 07020

Reviews of Sunrise of Edgewater

Gail16 December 28, 2013

Sunrise was very nice, comfortable, and looked a little more upscale. The rooms were fine and I thought the smallest room had a shared bathroom. The staff was very helpful, too.

Jeanne13 December 13, 2013

I actually ended up putting my mom at Sunrise of Edgewater because it was closer to my house and so far it is working out well. I wanted to see my mom every day. They have a great group of staff which I think makes a big difference. They have a lot of activities and they bring people in from outside to perform like piano players. They also have bus trips. I think it’s a great facility.

Maria Dietz September 26, 2013

Sunrise at Edgewater is a really good facility. The staff are also very good and very caring. They kept my mother-in-law clean. She was happy with food and the room. They kept the room clean and they kept her busy. They offer a lot of interaction. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Mary65343350 June 28, 2013

Sunrise is very nice. It's very cheerful, a little bit chintzy and a little bit Victorian, a nice mix of furniture, cheerful carpet and cheerful people. Very well decorated, very well laid out; exactly what you would hope for. But, that place was quite empty. I know people that live there and they are saying that they serve good food in there.

jman123 November 21, 2012

The locale of Sunrise of Edgewater offers much convenience for any person who is looking for an assisted living facillity that offers all of the amenities of city living but just outside of one of the biggest cities of the world,New York City.Residents can easily take a bus just blocks from the facillity New York. The facillity is located on River Road, a road that follows at the edge of the Hudson River. This facillity offers stunning views of the New York City skyline. It is a relatively new facillity therefore it contains many state of the art features. The staff of this facillity is impeccable. The individual rooms are all clean, good smelling, and homey. The wellness visits by the nursing staff give all of the residents the opportunity to voice their concerns in a very convenient manner. The meals that are served are well made.This facillity is one of the best I have ever seen.

RobertPonte42 June 29, 2012

The location of the facility could be better. It is on the water and has a view of the NYC skyline. However, because of this the tide leaves a horrible smell. Although the location could be better, they do have an adequate facility. They have Tennis courts and a golf range not very far from the home. The staff doesn't seem to eager about working there.

Thank you for your candid feedback. We do take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding the ambiance. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more and follow up with you. Thanks, Sunrise Team.

deathmetaldiaz March 14, 2012

I visited this place about 6 months ago. It seemed to be a place where retired or old or people that cannot live on their own seem to have an easier time adjusting to a life where they constantly need someone to care for them. One problem I had with the place is that some areas had a very foul odor or smelled really bad. Some areas of the building smelled of old dried urine that had not been cleaned in weeks. Other than the smell problem the place seemed to be successful in their goal. The bad smell might be the only thing that can potentially drive away customers or visitors or even people that might be posing as visitors but are actually there to evaluate the place. Once this one problem is resolved, i cannot see how this place cannot be a very successful and thriving home that many people can look forward to being in when they get older and can no longer live on their own or need someone to look after them. Other than that I have no other comments or concerns about this assisted living home.

From Sunrise of Edgewater

Located just minutes from New York City, Sunrise of Edgewater is conveniently situated between the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln Tunnel. Sitting on the Hudson River with beautiful views of Manhattan, our Victorian-style mansion is surrounded by gorgeous grounds, and is footsteps away from shopping, restaurants, theater and medical facilities. We pride ourselves in our specialized programs for those residents suffering from various types of vision loss. Our diverse programs and in-house clubs keep residents active and sociable, and our Reminiscence neighborhood is highly regarded by local professionals for residents living with memory impairments.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Edgewater

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Edgewater