Sunrise of East Setauket

1 Sunrise Drive, East Setauket, NY, 11733

Reviews of Sunrise of East Setauket

March 12, 2014

By BobbyC

beautiful building ...beautiful flowers...horrible care! Employee turnover, weekend and night care terrible ...this is a business with a profit motive far exceeding the care motive...this makes it a dangerous place for your loved ones.

June 09, 2013

By Carrie123

I was looking for a place to place my Mom. I visted quite afew places, but as soon as I walked in and waited to be shown around I was able to observe the kindness of the care staff. It's a beautifuk place and a great group of people that work there. I'm sure working there is not easy, but I saw first hand the compassion for each and every one of the seniors and knew this was the place for mom. She has now been there for 3 months and not a day goes by that I regret that decision

March 20, 2013

By Allen1

My mother was at Sunrise from February to August of last year. We were not happy with the service at all. The level of attention and care was subpar and she did not improve and got worse. Physically, it was an attractive facility and their basic American menu was a little bit gourmet style. They had activities, but the staff wasn't that successful in getting my mother involved.

Thank you for your message! Our programming is a cornerstone of Sunrise communities everywhere and we're pleased to offer activities that enrich mind, body and spirit. If you have any questions about these programs, please contact us directly at information@sunriseseniorliving.com.

October 16, 2012

By Cheryl 1

Sunrise is beautiful, nice, the set-up was wonderful. The staff seems very nice. I think they should have walk grounds for people who walk and the physical therapy was also lacking. They need to update the rooms. The accommodation is not very homey.

July 06, 2012

By radicalace

Interior was drab, but you could tell they tried to spruce up the place with various amenities and accessories such as flowers and drink machines. Staff was nice but cordial, my dealings with them were pleasant but felt rushed. They seemed to be attentive in regards to my aunt, and she did not have any complaints about them.

March 16, 2012

By NicoleNY516

It can be the hardest decision trying to figure out whether or not to put your loved one in a nursing home or assisted living center. As such, one must look to that facility to ease the transition. Sunrise Assisted Living did just that. I visited the facility about a year ago in search of an assisted living center for my 78-year-old grandmother. For me, the most important thing was for the facility to not have a hospital-like atmosphere. I wanted her to feel that although she can't live at home alone anymore, she still can be part of a vibrant community. The wide variety of daily activities that they had, including fitness classes and trips to neighboring shopping centers, made me certain that they would be able to provide the type of assistance that my aging grandmother needed. Although we decided to go with a different assisted living facility closer to my house, I would recommend Sunrise Assisted Living to any family.

Photos of Sunrise of East Setauket

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of East Setauket

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Sunrise of East Setauket

Located just minutes from Stony Brook University Hospital on the south side of Route 25A, Sunrise of East Setauket sits in the heart of town between East Setauket post office and Washington Mutual Bank. We pride ourselves in serving as a host for weekly meetings for the Alzheimer's Disease Assistance Center.

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of East Setauket