The Bristal Assisted Living at East Northport

760 Larkfield Road, East Northport, NY, 11731

Reviews of The Bristal Assisted Living at East Northport

Lasker June 30, 2015

On behalf of my brother and sis-in-law Marc and Lisa and my husband and I John and Evilee we would like to publicly thank The Bristal for being a fantastic facility for our Daddy's final year on this planet. Everyone who came in contact with our Dad Marvin took exceptionally good care of him. From his basic needs to the fact that you all knew when he needed to go to the hospital and did a masterful job of helping us come to the realization when Hospice was needed and helped us get him into Hospice House where he had peace in his final days. The facility is immaculate, filled with activities, great residents and wonderful food and we are all at peace now knowing that our Dad's final year with all y'alls and Hospice House was so peaceful. Thank you kindly for being so kind to our Dad and our family. We have no doubt that anybody who is fortunate enough to have their loved ones at this facility will rest easy at night knowing that their loved one is being so properly cared for. Thank you, bless you all Bristal Angels!!

acvann April 20, 2015

My wife has Alzheimer's disease and before placing her in the East Northport Bristal, I checked out numerous other facilities for people with Alzheimer's in Suffolk and Nassau, making visits to 6 of them. Based upon my site visits, I thought that this facility would be best for my wife.

My wife has now been a resident in the Bristal's East Northport "Reflections" unit for 19 months, and I am very pleased with the care she has been receiving.. My wife still misses me a lot, but I can honestly say that she enjoys her daily activities at the Bristal and is happy living there. Whenever a problem has arisen with her care, it has been handled quickly and properly. She has very caring aides, and administrators are very responsive to any issues I bring to their attention. The Executive Director, Reflections Director, Social Worker, Wellness Center Director, Food Services Director ... everyone works together as a team to provide the best care possible. After visiting my wife on a daily basis these past 19 months, I recently decided to take a week to visit with our son and family in Michigan. Needless to say, I left with some degree of anxiety. However, not only was Clare extremely well cared for during my absence, but the Reflections Director even took the time to email me while I was away to let me know that all was well, and that I should relax and enjoy my visit! That email helped to relieve a lot of my anxiety! In fact, I was so pleased with how my absence was handled that I am now planning to visit our son and his family every few months because I now know that my wife will be okay during my absence. Even though I knew my wife would be asking for me every day, the Bristal staff knew how to manage her daily anxiety and that provided me with invaluable peace of mind. I recommend this facility without reservation to any caregiver seeking a caring assisted living facility for a loved one with Alzheimer's.

RLM826 January 29, 2015

My mother is currently a resident of the Bristal at East Northport. I am one of her sons and live almost 3 hours away. I can't put into words what a comfort it is knowing that in any matter, I am called and options are discussed in a very real way, not clinically or more concerned with their interests, but genuine concern for my mom. I can sleep every night knowing everything that is going on in my mom's life. When I visit or when I call, the staff treats me like family. There is a true sense of community alive in there. A few times, mom had medical issues and even though I was hours away, I felt I was in total control of the situation with updates from the staff. I knew they made sure my mother was cared for, something my family is incapable of doing ourselves. Yes there are issues that have to be addressed and you need to stay vigilant, but I have not come across one situation in two years, that I could not resolve with the staff or even the Executive Director if need be. The cost is high, but other residences did not have the uplifting feel of the Bristal. They are in my prayers every day for the wonderful work they do and best of all, I get to hear my mom laugh even when I am 200 miles away.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. What can be better than for our staff to hear that the work they do every day makes a difference in our resident's lives. Thank you!

FrannyW December 17, 2014

My mother joined the Bristol family in January 2014. She had lost my father five years prior and was slowly becoming more and more inactive. She was also not taking care of her health. The welcome the staff and reddens gave her was fantastic. My mother went from sitting and watching tv at home to being so active I can't keep up with her!! My mother is thriving!

bristal December 10, 2014

My mother is a resident in the Bristal in East Northport. She has been there for about a year now. We visited a dozen different places before deciding on the Bristal. The first time we walked in we knew this was the place. The overall appearances, amenities, and set up are second to none. The rooms are bigger and the facility is brand new. These things are immediately apparent, but the thing that appealed to us most were the people.
She hasn't been happier in years.
You must visit this place before making any decisions or your doing you loved ones a terrible disservice.

Caring8541 December 07, 2014

I visited The Bristal, and the visit was beautiful. It was up to date; if they had like a beauty parlor in there, that would be nice. My mom is still young, and if she had to live in a facility I thought that was nice to have a beauty parlor so she could get her hair done. They have physical therapy on the premises.

They have three courtyards; it was great. I was very impressed, and the rooms were really updated. The only thing I would have like for my mom is for those places to have a cooking place because my mom likes to cook. You had to go to the kitchen if you wanted to eat. They have a small kitchen, but with no cooking, that would frustrate her. She is 79; she does not have dementia or any illness that would stop her from being able to cook a meal, but I would absolutely recommend the facility.

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We're very proud of our communities and the team that takes care of our residents. You mentioned that your mom would have loved to have a beauty salon in the community and I wanted to let you know that THERE IS a salon and it is quite lovely and it is staffed with stylists who the residents love! Stop by again and we'll be happy to show you.

Nancy79757150 October 19, 2014

The staff at The Bristal was very welcoming and very knowledgeable. They knew a lot of good information. They have an outdoor pool and have different types of entertainment there. They have a social director who does a lot of different things like arts and crafts and different games, so that was interesting. They have single and shared rooms. I think the rooms were of adequate space and easy to navigate. They had nice bathrooms and was easy to get in and out of. The rooms had a little kitchenette that’s shared between the two bedrooms that has doors and a separate bath. The facility was very clean and bright and was very modern. It was a very positive experience that’s why I’m thinking of choosing it for my father.

caregucci May 30, 2014

I also saw The Bristal at Northport, and that was really nice. It was like a luxury hotel. It was newer and larger. It was a beautiful facility. The dining room was very nice. I spoke to some of the residents, and they seemed very happy with it. They also had a little café where they could have coffee and snacks. They had a little movie theater. They had all kinds of activities, like bingo. However, it was out of my price range because it was just too pricey.

Ellen24 May 22, 2014

The Bristal is brand new. I think only a few years old. But there was a waiting list. It was very impressive, but very costly. The sales person was very efficient and very professional, and also followed up with me in a very professional manner. I would have to say they were impressive. I would consider them if it wasn't so much more money. Everything was brand new. They looked like they had a lot of residents engaged in activities while I was visiting. It was definitely something I would consider. It felt like it was a very homey environment. It was very nice.

Caring From New York August 27, 2013

Bristal is a very nice place. It is very close to my residence. It looks very clean, very airy, and very well-kept. Everything is very good. The only issue I have is that, I have a scooter, but they don't allow scooters there.

Ellen12 August 15, 2013

I visited Bristal at East Northport for my parents. Similar to the other facilities we had visited, this one was also nice and pretty. It was clean and kept really nice. They also have two-bedroom apartments, but at the time of our search, there was no availability.

Bea1 May 31, 2013

I love it here at The Bristal. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I am very happy here -- I have a beautiful apartment. I always am asked how I like it here, and I say "It's like I died and went to heaven." I have a good life!

Rodger3 May 31, 2013

The Bristal assisted living attendates saved my life. On Mothers Day, May 13th, 2012 I suffered a heart attack hwhile visiting my wife in the reflections area. You can't beat the Bristal for service.

Arthur2 May 31, 2013

The Bristal provides all the services a senior needs. Each dept from wellenss to recretaion are performed with a caring professional staff. YOu are never alone here. The staff is watching you, not to interfere, but to make sure you are safe. My wife Sandy is very happy here and seems to have a great attitude after a day of recreation. My family is happy with our residence here.

Pesce August 09, 2012

Great food, hotel-like amenities. Very, very expensive, but apartments are attractive.

PANJOO March 11, 2012

This assisted nursing facility has been visited by me. A compound which is full of life and activity is one of the best facilities available in this area. Lot many old people were busy in gossiping, very happy and fresh. The facility offers lot many services which are suppose to be a necessity. On my visit, the staff on duty had lot to offer. The system of looking after the patients and old people is really heartening to see. An atmosphere of a true home clearly reflected the love amongst the residents. After seeing the facility, I was more than satisfied and admitted my father to enjoy peace. The quality of diet offered is really nice and cheap. Nursing team is available inside the complex to look after the sick people. Laundry, bathrooms and other related services are exceptional. I would thank the management for providing such a nice place for our beloved ones. I would recommend it to all.

bab519 December 13, 2011

We are grateful we are for all the help and guidance the Bristal has given our family since my parents moved into the Bristal at Massapequa first for 4 years and now at East Northport for the past 8 months. It is wonderful knowing that my parents are so well cared for in the Bristal. We have valued your expertise working with seniors as well as the way in which you maintained the building and managed your staff.

Patty O November 15, 2011

My mom has lived here since it opened. There has been a huge turnover of staff and management. We have had multiple medication errors and problems with lack of supervision, especially on the overnight shift where the staff was caught sleeping instead of caring for residents. There are a few kind caregivers but they all complain of being over worked and underpaid. I would seriously consider placing your parent here unless you ate very viligant.

Patty-

As always, we appreciate and value the feedback you provide to us daily. At The Bristal, we investigate all observations and those we find that are valid we use as teachable moments for our staff and organization. This helps us reinforce what is working well and address any areas not satisfying our demanding standards of excellence. While it is true we experienced some staffing challenges early on at The Bristal at East Northport following its grand opening of March 2011, rest assured these isolated issues have been swiftly and definitively corrected. As far as the medication errors you mention, the Department of Health did respond to your complaints and found them to be unsubstantiated. Year after year -- following rigorous reviews by the New York State Department of Health -- all seven of our communities proudly remain violation-free.

Regards, Bristal Management

From The Bristal Assisted Living at East Northport

The Bristal at East Northport is the first Suffolk County member of an ever-growing family of Assisted Living communities that have been built on Long Island, by Long Islanders, bearing The Bristal name. Like all of our communities before it, East Northport has been designed to strike the ideal balance between privacy, luxury, health and safety.

Fully licensed by the New York State Department of Health, we've planned every detail of this rental lifestyle to enable our residents, and their families, to make the most of each activity-filled day. Comfortable studios, one bedrooms, two bedrooms and friendship suites become a wonderful home for your loved one. The Bristal at East Northport is designed to delight even the most demanding of families. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

Expanding into East Northport helps us address the need Suffolk County families have to find Senior Living solutions that are the caliber of The Bristal. East Northport is centrally located between the charming villages of Huntington, Northport and Smithtown. Shopping, entertainment, dining and more are all within walking distance; no need for a car. And there are many places of worship and cultural venues nearby. In addition to the stunning interior spaces, the Bristal has lovely outdoor patios, outdoor pool, bocce court and putting green to get outdoors when the weather is wonderful.

Features of The Bristal Assisted Living at East Northport