The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow

40 Merrick Ave., East Meadow, NY, 11554

Reviews of The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow

Diane117964450 January 29, 2016

The Bristal was very good, but they told me they couldn’t accommodate mother who need gluten-free food. It was lovely, top of the line, but it was very pricey. They had an indoor patio. The rooms were very nice. The staff really knew the residents there.

Don112105350 August 21, 2015

The Bristal was a beautiful facility. The rooms were spacious; they were large enough to put in a full-sized bed, a refrigerator, and a TV. I did eat there, and the food was great. They had everything and anything. They even had movie nights, and they offered so many different things that they even had offsite activities and things like that. When I went, they had a group that was going to see the fireworks over at Jones Beach. They had a lot of good stuff there. What I liked most was the cleanliness and their concern for the residents.

Caring107907350 June 23, 2015

Everybody was very active. It was clean and friendly, and there was a lot to do. The residents seemed very happy. The Bristal just felt like a nice place to live and easy place to live. They went on a lot of trips. They went out to religious services. Today I was there, they were going into the city to see the Rockettes. They go shopping, and they go to plays and musicals. Their calendar was fuller than a lot of the other places. It was a large facility, which might not be great for everyone, but for someone very active, there was a lot of public space -- which was my favorite thing about it -- and a lot of amenities.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community on Caring.com. We really appreciate hearing the lovely things you have to say.

Phyllis39 February 11, 2015

The Bristal is very well run. I thought it was a nice place for people to live and have activities. The rooms were nice. They weren't terribly large, but that is not the purpose. They have a place to eat and a bathroom, and I think some have a kitchen. They did have activities there. I felt the security is good. I don't know anybody who has gotten lost or that kind of thing. I would recommend this place to others if they are rich. They are very expensive. You could probably get home care instead which is what this other woman chose to do because the cost was prohibitive to her.

cknox July 22, 2014

The Bristal staff was excellent: very accommodating and very informative. The place was up to date, and it seemed to be fully amenitized, so no complaints. The Bristal was certainly one of the properties that we highly considered in terms of the properties that we looked at. I thought that this facility was a fine facility. If my mother had chosen to live there, it would've been a good choice, I would think.

Lisa73838150 July 03, 2014

I think the place is excellent! The rooms were spacious and nice. The food is also excellent. I spoke with the activities director and they offer so many activities. They schedule trips very often. They have workers all over so the place is very safe. Somebody is always at the front door.

Ellen12 August 15, 2013

Bristal at East Meadow is an old facility. Nevertheless, it is wonderful and pretty. It is also clean and well kept. Their onsite staffers and food aren't that great; however, my parents are safe and comfortable there. They have a nice but expensive two-bedroom apartment. My parents have been there for five and a half weeks now and so far so good.

caring0301313 March 08, 2013

My husband toured The Bristal Assisted Living with his mother. He was very happy with everything. He thought everybody was friendly.

caring11072 November 17, 2012

I am very satisfied with The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow. It is very clean and the staff is very nice, kind and very gentle. But I wish they had staff that speak Korean to properly assist my mother.

rjc913 July 24, 2012

The Bristol at East Meadow is an upscale assisted living home. The price to live there is very costly although I think it is worth every penny. The service and care provided by the RN's and staff is amazing, and the atmosphere of the facility is very upscale and rich.

Gordon Chance June 24, 2012

A good facility consisting of impressive amenities for elders. The staff is indeed very helpful. They are responsive to any concerns that you may have and are happy to be of assistance, smiling and gracious. My grandmother's room has a lovely view from her window and she is happy there. There is a very positive energy to the facility and it is well-maintained and seems very hygienic and up to date. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an Assisted Living facility in the Long Island area. There is also lots of space for the residents to walk around and exercise. Sometimes it feels less like a facility and more like a home or large house. The programming and events are designed to get the residents to interact with each other and have a good time, too. Compared to other facilities that I've visited, this one is my favorite by far.

EM1981 April 13, 2012

A beautiful facility with lots of fun activities for the residents to engage in. The staff is exceptional and dedicated to the work they do. They are responsive to any concerns that you may have and are happy to be of assistance, smiling and gracious. My grandmother's room has a lovely view from her window and she is happy there. There is a very positive energy to the facility and it is well-maintained. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an Assisted Living facility in the Long Island area. There is also lots of space for the residents to walk around and exercise. Sometimes it feels less like a facility and more like a home or large house. The programming and events are designed to get the residents to interact with each other and have a good time, too. Compared to other facilities that I've visited, this one is my favorite by far.

GoBigBlue February 24, 2012

The Bristol is a beautiful facility, with the amenities and activities to keep residents busy. The main foyer is a place where residents can often be found socializing, playing bridge, or simply relaxing. The food served looks and smells appealing, I have not heard a complaint. The Bristol also organizes day trips for residents, including recreational and cultural excursions.The Bristol is located near Eisenhower Park, which is home to three championship golf courses, an Olympic sized swimming pool, and plenty of fields, bike and running paths. There are a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the facility that offer great food.The staff at the Bristol is pleasant and caring. They do their best to make sure the residents are happy and taken care of.The Bristol's residents seem to be mostly female, and at times my grandfather has expressed a wish that their were more men around the facility to spend time with. The Bristol is also pricey, considerably more so than an average apartment in the area.

iannetpj January 28, 2012

The building is very nice and is kept, the grounds are beautiful and is in a very nice area. However my relative was complaining about her items being stolen by the staff. At first we thought she was lying or delusional, but upon further investigation we discovered many of her affects where missing.

Pat F November 29, 2011

I was searching for a facility for my mom and the Bristal at East Meadow was the 8th facility we toured. All prior facilities were depressing to me and couldn't imagine my mom there. The Bristal had beautiful decor, very clean, staff very nice, but most important every resident I spoke with told me how happy they were living there and how well they were taken care of. We have since put a deposit and awaiting an apartment.

NCofChambers November 22, 2011

The Bristal of East Meadow has been very helpful and supportive of our organization for many years. Their facility is impeccable and their staff most congenial and responsive.

The Nassau Council of Chambers of Commerce

JackPot November 19, 2011

Twice I visited The Bristal at EM & I fell in love with the place. I never saw anyone in wheelchairs and resident's using walkers were off to an activity. This place is beautiful not only because of the way it is decorated and ever so clean, but more importantly, the staff I met with was warm & loving! The residents were engaged in various activities and any question I asked, was answered to my satisfaction. I looked at umerous places, but I am set on The Bristal.

Garito July 26, 2011

I looked at the Bristal as an assisted living place for my father who is getting on in years. It has kind of an apartment building look on the exterior but is definitely more comfortable once you get inside. I noticed that too many of the residents sat by themselves in their wheelchairs and were not engaged in any social activity which kind of bothered me. I also saw a staff member talking on his cell-phone and he seemed more interested in his conversation than the resident he should have been attending to. I might think twice before placing my father here.

From The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow

The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow is dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors by encouraging them to enjoy and express their independence in a luxurious setting. We boast gourmet dining, beautiful surroundings, weekly laundry and housekeeping services, cablevision and scheduled transportation to shopping, community activities and group outings.

At The Bristal, individuals will find that help is always available, if needed, for personal care, medication management, meals, housekeeping, laundry, recreation and 24-hour per day supervision with our high staff-to-resident ratio, compassionate, and expertly-trained staff. Residents have a choice of studios, one and two bedroom apartments, replete with roomy kitchens and generous bathrooms. In addition, each Bristal houses a special area call Reflections for those adults who have early to mid-stage Alzheimer's and other memory related cognitive disorders.

The Bristal at East Meadow couldn't be more centrally or conveniently located. This site is literally "right there" . . .smack in the heart of it all! It's a stone's throw away from Roosevelt Field Mall and Eisenhower Park is right across the street. Not to mention neighbors like Hofstra University and Nassau Coliseum. North and south beaches are a short drive away, and Queens and Manhattan are quickly accessible.

Features of The Bristal Assisted Living at East Meadow