Sunrise of East Meadow

1555 Glen Curtis Boulevard, East Meadow, NY, 11554

Reviews of Sunrise of East Meadow

Meg7 October 19, 2015

It's been a month and a half since mom is at Sunrise of East Meadow and I am very happy with it. It was more of the social aspect that they have her involved and she is feeling so much better now that she is surrounded by people engaged in all the activities. My mom enjoys all the activities and she always raves about the food. The grounds are beautiful, well manicured, and beautifully kept. It was very clean, bright, and homey.

Caring5808 September 17, 2014

Sunrise of East Meadow seemed fine, but they really didn't have the services that my father-in-law needed for his dementia. The only thing we liked about this facility was that it was the closest.

Caring4035 June 30, 2014

We were very impressed with Sunrise. It looked nice. We like some of the rooms. Some of them were nice. They have little kitchenettes. All rooms have bathrooms. Also they have a bedroom and sitting room. However, I think the facility would be nicer for my parents. The people were personable and friendly. I saw that they pushed to have their clients mingle, and that's important. However, I didn't notice any activities. We tasted their food, and it was good. Sunrise's dining area was more like a hotel setup.

Barbara61177550 March 27, 2014

Several times I'd been at Sunrise to visit a resident. I had been extremely impressed not only with the courteousness, but the genuine warmth and interest that was displayed by the staff to visitors and residents alike. The staff was very upbeat, friendly and interactive. People made eye contact with a few "good mornings", "how are you" and "nice to see you". If they were pushing the cart or coming out of the room with sheets or whatever, it was at a nice pace, not frantic. The people genuinely were calm and they were going about their daily business in a very friendly, professional manner. I saw several staff out of the corner of my eye interacting with the residents in wheelchairs, so you didn't get the feeling people were just stuck in a room. You get the feeling that people are being attended to.

One time we weren't sure which way to go, and a cleaning person asked if we needed help getting somewhere. There was a lot of attentiveness by the people who were employed there. There was somebody at the desk to greet you. It looked like it was kept very clean. I saw really good quality. In terms of my interactions though, I'll just speak to what I saw, I would give them a 5.

Caring72415650 October 19, 2013

Everyone at Sunrise was very friendly. The staff knew the residents. Everything was very clean. The rooms seemed to be in order. However, I felt like they had more fragile and less mobile type of residents and it would not fit our needs.

Cary1 July 12, 2013

When we visited Sunrise of East Meadow, we found that it suited the level of care that my relative needs that's why we placed her there. The environment is very clean and very homey and we are very pleased with it. Their rooms are very nice and very well-kept and right now, she is staying in a shared room. The staff is very competent and very pleasant to deal with. Their food is nothing outstanding but it is acceptable. I haven't seen anything that they need to improve on as their services have been very good. They do the best that they can with the activities depending on the level of care that is required. I'm also very impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the personal services that they provide their residents.

mgraceffo August 30, 2012

My grandmother is 92 years old and suffers from dementia. She resides at the facility because she could no longer take care of herself in a safe manner. My experience with Sunrise has been very positive. The staff is "fun" and "warm." They go out of their way to get to know residents and their families. They are very careful to keep a close watch on residents and know where they are at all times. They also take the time out to get to know the residents families. The facility itself is like a big mansion. It is lovely decorated and they never forget a holiday. Exercise classes, musicians, arts and crafts, trivia, and outings to dinner are common for the residents who like to participate. The chef also gets to know the residents likes and dislikes and comes out during dinner hours to personally greet them all. Recently, a staff member was married and a bus was organized to bring the residents to the church to witenss her wedding. They certainly go the extra mile.The Sunrise also holds family events for everyone such as "summer ho-downs, etc" complete with a buffet dinner, band, and even wine and beer. They are very nice to attend. I feel my grandmother is well taken care of here- however the cost is EXORBITANT at nearly $8000 per month to keep her under their care.

profleader June 27, 2012

It's not the ritziest facility I've been in, but it's pretty close. It's a rather small place, very cozy. The staff members are mostly helpful and cheery, which is no easy feat up at the Alzheimer floor. The rooms could be larger. The furniture quality is excellent. There are limited common-area facilities, but they try hard to pack outside trips into their programming. It's nice because it's on this long stretch of secluded road, but I can imagine that can become a negative if any resident ends up wandering outside of the facilities.

zoey123 December 07, 2011

While I was there visiting my grandpa I was impressed with the cleanliness of both the room and the dinning hall. I felt that the assistance was above average, however; the attention that the staff could have payed to my grandfather could have been slightly better. For the most part the atmosphere was nice and everyone there seemed happy and comfortable. I had the opportunity to eat there too and the food surprised me as above average as well. There were also activities that one could do to keep busy and make acquaintances. My grandfather became very forgetful with his age so they engaged him in holistic programming focused on brain health. These are programs that are based on recent research into brain function and engagement. This unique approach helps seniors stay focused, be less anxious and strives to slow the progression of further memory loss. Specially trained team members guide each resident in structured, stimulating activities resulting in increased independence and self-esteem. Every time I went to visit my grandfather he was always happy. Overall a good establishment that I would recommend.

Garito July 26, 2011

I was looking at an assisted living facility to place my father in. Sunrise is close to my home so I'd be able to check in on him every now and than. When I visited the facility my first impression was that inside was very clean and beautifully decorated. It was around noontime and the waitering staff was serving the residents lunch. They were very attentive and quick to cater to the residents needs, such as second helpings, extra water, etc. Upstairs four gentleman were playing Wii-Bowling in the community area. They seemed very happy enjoying the experience. I think my dad would be happy here.

From Sunrise of East Meadow

Step into a Sunrise community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to insure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Warm home-like atmosphere, with the ability to age in place.

Features of Sunrise of East Meadow

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites.

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Pets: Small pets allowed.

• Licenses: ALR with Enhanced Care
  • State License(s): 0622L015

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of East Meadow