Burcham Hills

2700 Burcham Dr., East Lansing, MI, 48823

Reviews of Burcham Hills

Caring71078150 February 11, 2015

I love Burcham Hills. I have been to several places, but this one stood out, and I am overall pretty pleased with them. Mom said the food is excellent. Burcham is the best of all the facilities I have visited.

msufan July 31, 2014

Burcham Hills was very nice, elegant and large. They have a beautiful garden walkway which was very peaceful. They accommodate 60 people and there are different units on each floor. The staff appeared to be friendly.

icemancometh December 22, 2012

I visited Burcham Hills to see my brother who suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's disease. We decided to take him here as long as he is fit to live unassisted until he has to be taken to a more restricted place. He agreed it was the right choice and this facility actually has many different options for different levels of independent to fully assisted living arrangements. The common area is beautiful and a great place for old and new friends to come and meet each other. The facility is quiet but has opportunities for larger more exciting social events for the residents. Burcham Hills employees were also very accommodating and always very interested in the personal lives of the residents. There is privacy also in the apartment spaces. I found most amazing was the cultural crossover Burcham Hills tries to utilize and instill. From the food selections to the activities they try to do things that many people will enjoy and serve many options to select from. Whether it's the food or the activities there seems to be a lot of choices. I would recommend this facility to others.

Joan7 October 17, 2012

I visited this facility many times over the course of several years. The facility is large which is good for its connections with local health facilities/hospitals when needed. The transit is good, too. It's size can sometimes give it an institutional feel. The staff is large which can be useful but difficult for residents who see so many different people. The large size is an asset because there are specialized care for folks with some diseases like Alzheimer's. I like the attempts to bring in things to interest residents like a large bird cage and visiting pets. I appreciated the way they worked with residents who had difficulty eating. Staff members treated residents with dignity even in situations that felt undignified like being spoon fed or having to wear a bib. The facility has more of a formal feel to it than a homey feel--like you are in a formal dining room rather than a cozy family room.

kelly3 June 23, 2012

The staff at Burcham Hills is made up of a wonderful, caring group of people. They helped us with any problems we ever encountered at any time of day. They got to know my grandparents very well and they all were more than just employees of the place to my family. The building is beautiful and kept very well. They continue to construct and update it to be the best and most modern that it can be. Family events were never a problem to hold in their meeting rooms, as they accommodated so well for us. My grandparents got wonderful treatment, and actually ending up living in their condos and moving to their apartments. My grandmother also stayed in their rehabilitation center while recovering from heart surgery. I couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere to have my grandparents' spend their last few remaining years at. Burcham Hills really cares for their residents and residents' families.

holt1978 May 03, 2012

The place appears to be somewhat clean at first glance, but I managed to spot 2 roaches in the room he was staying during our visit. The rooms are cramped, and they rely heavily on the patient to provide for themselves, in terms of entertainment. The staff was nice, so I'll give them that, I imagine working with belligerent old people all day long takes a toll, they appeared emotionless and efficient. There is no privacy in the rooms aside from a pull shade that's not set up at all in a decent fashion. In total, he was there for a month dealing with his infection, and I imagine it took a toll on him physically and emotionally. I didn't see too many people in the halls, it honestly felt like death was everywhere. I expected or hoped there would be at least people walking around promoting some form of exercise. The food looked horrible and I was told that it was tasteless. We brought him fast food, which probably wasn't the wisest idea, but I've honestly never seen anybody scarf down 3 burgers that fast. You could tell he was hungry.

Portteu2 April 19, 2012

The facility is very nice. Its located in a secluded part of northern East Lansing, so it is a very safe area. We did not get a complete idea of the care that would be provided. For instance, they told us there is a nurse on staff 24/7 which is true. They did not tell us that she would not provide such basic services as listening to lungs of an asmatic patient, and would not necessarily respond when the caregiver would summon her for a nosebleed that wouldn't stop for my blind father. They stated a caregiver would respond with in five minutes when summoned...often it is ten and the last time I timed it it took 17 minutes. My father is blind and my mother has dementia...they really need the attention we were promised. My parents have both stated that the food is good and the staff is very friendly though. My only real qualm is the fact that the attention I feel they need is not being met in a timely manner.

Reggio January 09, 2012

I visited Burcham Hills and was moderately impressed. The facilities are somewhat new and the location in Troy is great. The rooms I saw were all very clean, the staff was veryu friendly and answered all of the questions I had. I did not get a chance to look at all the activities but from what I saw during my visit, they were somewhat limited. Ultimately this was the reason my loved ones and I decided against assisted living in a nursing home. The quality of your loved ones' stay will depend much on the staff and I was confident in their service, the volunteers being another story. The food being served was fresh and the staff was seamless with all the patients' dietary concerns. I would recommend this nursing home based upon the facilities and excellent staff, which I have not seen at all of the nursing homes I have visited.

From Burcham Hills

Located on 38 beautiful acres, Burcham Hills is the only retirement community in the greater Lansing area to offer a comprehensive continuum of care. Burcham Hills is a not-for-profit community licensed as a Home for the Aged and as a Skilled Nursing Facility that has been serving thousands of Lansing-area elders and their families since 1974.

We strive to create a home that places a premium on relationships and honors the unique life story of each individual. Elders and their families are encouraged to share in our community events, to volunteer and to join in the dialogue that places the decision-making closer to the elders and those closest to them.

Lansing’s only not-for-profit Life Plan Community (ccrcr) -- East Lansing location and beautiful 38-acre setting -- Own and operate transportation -- Accessibility to local transportation, including CATA -- On-site Wellness Center, Lab and Outpatient Therapy Clinic -- Physician Services including nurse practitioners -- Access to continuing healthcare: short-term rehab, long-term care and outpatient therapy -- Availability of extensive on-site ancillary services and amenities -- Condominium living option

Features of Burcham Hills

• Condos/townhomes
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60