The Village at Mariner's Point

111 South Shore Drive, East Haven, CT, 06512

Reviews of The Village at Mariner's Point

January 31, 2016

By Caring daughter119224650

The Village at Mariner’s Point was out of my price range completely, but it’s a beautiful facility. The woman was like the first person I met, and she was extremely helpful. She understood the whole picture, and was helpful in sharing information about it. The facility itself was absolutely gorgeous.

Thanks for your thoughts as we value your opinion. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

November 12, 2015

By nissajo

The majority of staff are wonderful, caring people. The problems/issues result from a significant amount of turnover at the managerial level - causes a lot of disruption and lack of continuity and oversight. The corporate office of Benchmark appear more concerned with the overall appearance of the place rather than the quality of services. The memory care unit, again staffed with wonderful, caring staff lacks oversight, training and assistance to the staff. Some of the marketing people do not seem to know how the memory care (Harbor) operates, as we were very misled about things when we first toured. There is little creativity in programming and the corporate office (Benchmark) does not seem to care about that. I contacted them several times and basically all they tried to do was 'handle' me. Benchmark appears very concerned about the outward appearance of the place, but fail miserably with quality of services. If you decide to take a tour, write down your questions and write down their responses. Chances are if you move in, their responses won't materialize.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please contact our Executive Director immediately (203-467-0067) so that we can address your concerns. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience and want to ensure your complete satisfaction.

May 10, 2014

The Village at Mariner's Point is one of the most expensive ones in the area. At first, we thought it was great. But then, over the several years that we've lived there, we've become aware of many, many problems at the facility, including some basic safety issues. There's a long wait, a week or two, to get basic things fixed. A week or two is optimistic. Sometimes it has taken much longer than that to get things fixed. The food is bad. The other residents have meetings about it, and the facility acknowledges that there's been a problem, and they have said it's going to get better. I have eaten there, and I can say that the food is not good. There are some people on the staff who seem genuinely caring. They have a lot of activities, like outings, movies and crafts, and cultural presentations. They offer a few different layouts. The 1-bedroom layout that I had seen has a long narrow living area with a bedroom on the side of it, and has the kitchen area at the end of a living room. They have a common kitchen where residents who are able to cook can do that under supervision. They don't have stoves or ovens in their apartments, but they have an area where they can do that. So I think that's a good idea.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our caring team of associates as well as the strong activity program and calendar of events we have at The Village at Mariner’s Point.

We are very sorry to hear of your experiences both with the Dining Program and our Plant Operations. Please know that we as a company remain focused on providing our residents with the highest quality of care, dining and services. We regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to always be better and are continually making improvements. Your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

Please know that in the past few weeks, we have made some important changes to the Plant Operations and Dining Teams and you will see significant changes in how we are running both of these programs. Many of the changes do take some time to implement, but we are confident you will see major improvements. We also encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director directly at any time to discuss any questions or concerns you might have.

August 14, 2013

By Catlady101

When my daughter and I toured the Village, we both thought it was absolutely beautiful. Friendly staff, great activities, so much to do I hope my brother will take advantage.

June 14, 2013

By Robert29

The Village At Mariner's Point is a very nice place, but a little bit more showy. It looks like a hotel. The people there were very nice.

March 09, 2013

By Gailv

The Village at Mariner's Point is in the same town I live in. It's a beautiful place. It's right on the shore, everything was brand-new, and the dining room is beautiful. They have locked facility for Alzheimer's patients, which would be something I would consider for my husband. I went into the Alzheimer's wing and they're having a group session. The staff seem friendly and the woman that took me around was very nice and she even made a couple of follow-up calls. They have quite an extensive menu and the dining room looked like a restaurant.

Thank you so much for sharing. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Executive Director.

June 23, 2012

By endiglowgurl

I believe the overall structure of The Village is excellent and the best in town. The inside of the building is very pristine and looks as sparkly as a ballroom. The staff of located in the rooms are also very nice and caring, and they help the elderly do anything they want. In the bathrooms, there are all kinds of soap and many available towels, for people that like towels, I guess. Everything about the Building is great, especially the outside! There is a nice patio and lots of grass for relaxing. Inside the building, there is a great library and a pristine pool. The pool is very large, so about 25 people could swim in there at the same time. Also, the library contains more than five hundred books, and has comfy chairs to sit on while you are reading. Also, there are computers to use, although many of the elderly there don't even know how to use a mouse. I just love everything about this wonderful place, and I wouldn't trade in this experience with any other retirement facility!

Thank you very much for your kind words! Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us.

Just to let you know, our Computer Learning Centers feature state-of-the-art, large screen touch monitors. We also have weekly Group Learning sessions to get them started and to introduce them to the technology in a way that is fun, stimulating, and highly interactive.

We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion.

March 23, 2012

By grenrob104

The Village at Mariners Point has to be one of the most beautiful assisted living centers in CT. Everything at the Village is wonderful. I was amazed at how good the staff treated residents. The facilities were second to none. Dinning room with distant views of the water. A baby grand piano which they often had someone playing. A lounge are to go and mingle with other residents. In the lower level they have a pool and a movie theater equipped with popcorn maker. Rooms at the Village are very nice. They a equipped with bathrooms, bedroom and an area for cooking dining as well as a living room. Getting back to the staff. The aids seemed always responsive and the director always had scheduled great events for the residents weather it be a Christmas party, movie night or an artist playing the piano there was always something for the residents to do. I highly recommend the Village. Kudos to them

Photos of The Village at Mariner's Point

Features of The Village at Mariner's Point

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4999/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: All Residents Have In Room Kitchenettes; We Can Accomodate Room Service As Requested

• Coffee Shop

• Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About The Village at Mariner's Point

Majestic ocean views from a breathtaking seaside hilltop greet residents daily at The Village at Mariner's Point. Lavish gardens provide a setting for leisure, art, and fitness activities. Private walking paths and gazebos grace beautifully manicured gardens, while the 68-seat movie theatre, Mariner's Pub, elegant club rooms, health spa, and heated indoor swimming pool create opportunities for every interest. A grand balcony off the main dining room offers seasonal patio dining and a year-round panoramic view of the campus and Long Island Sound.

The Village at Mariner's Point in East Haven, CT, offers Assisted Living and Assisted Living for the Memory Impaired.

Because of the expansive range of care we provide, one of the few communities where residents can "AGE IN PLACE" THEY DO NOT HAVE TO MOVE FROM THEIR APARTMENT HOME AS CARE NEEDS CHANGE.

Map of The Village at Mariner's Point