The Commons on Marice

1380 Marice Drive, Eagan, MN, 55121

Reviews of The Commons on Marice

htebelica June 01, 2012

I'm giving this facility 5 stars not only because of the wonderful amenities and staff, but because my grandmother is so deliriously happy living there. After living in a large, single family home for over 50 years, she moved into The Commons on Marice about 3-4 years ago. Every time I visit, I'm so impressed by the building and its amenities. The lobby area hosts a large dining hall, a library, ice cream parlor, billiards room, an atrium filled with plants, a beauty salon, fitness room, and so on. The common areas are always spotlessly clean and well manicured. Her apartment is incredibly spacious, though I think she has a studio and 1-bedroom combined. Though the bathrooms and kitchen are nothing special (no updated fixtures or finishes), they are modern, clean, and very functional. Her apartment gets lots of light, and the carpet is in good condition. Every person I've encountered at the front desk, serving in the dining area, or helping around the facility has been polite, helpful, and always addresses my grandmother by name. I'm also impressed by the activities and programming that have helped her to build a community of friends -- church services, music concerts, fitness classes, etc. I'm sure there are facilities that are even more luxurious and well-appointed than Marice, but I really can't imagine a more perfect living situation for my grandmother.

Corrine1 May 23, 2012

We were looking for an area near where my mother lived which is also near her friends and family. The commons was a good choice. This facility has a lot to offer. They have a library and they have a spiritual room. As for food, they have 2 meals a day and it's restaurant style. She doesn't have to go eat at any particular time.She can just go down and order whatever she wants to eat from the restaurant. I like their spiritual center which is very important for my Mother. It's really important to her. They have activities there too and transportation is available if they need to go to a store or go to the doctor. She is happy that she is able to get the physical therapy that she needs inside the facility. Her room is nice. Personally, I would want it bigger but since she is on a walker, the place is very well laid out for her. She even have a small kitchen inside her room. I like that they have daily wall check and they have full-time nurses on-site. She has a GPS pendant that she wears all the time and if ever she is in trouble she can just hit that button and they will know where she's at and they can help her immediately.

From The Commons on Marice

The Commons on Marice is a premiere non profit senior community conveniently located in Eagan, Minnesota. We offer 3 distinct levels of living; Independent living, Assisted living and Memory Care. We also offer short term respite stays that are perfect for seasonal stays and temporary trial stays. This is a great way to experience a senior community on a short term basis. Our community operates on the "aging in place" philosophy. Residents are able to stay in their private apartment home and have home care services brought directly to them without having to make an internal move. Our dining room is open from 7am to 7pm 7 days a week. Residents can eat their 2 meals when it is convenient for them. We offer 3 full menus as well as a full wait staff. Our community has an RN or LPN scheduled 24/7 as well as our own private home care. We offer an all inclusive month to month lease that includes amenities such as 2 meals a day, weekly linen and towel service, weekly full housekeeping, transportation, full activity program, all utilities including cable, 24 hour emergency pendent and a daily I'm ok check. We offer 3 sizes of apartments all with their own private bathroom. We offer a studio, one bedroom and two bedroom apartment. Some have private outside access such as a screened in porch or an open patio. For more information or to schedule your private tour, call 651-365-3058.

Features of The Commons on Marice