Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

June 23, 2012

By yolo1

This is such a beautiful community. They offer several different levels of care and service. This really benefits people who may start off only needing very little assistance and then later in life they are able to get much more assistance if need be. This kind of flexibility is good because it will make people want to live there long term. They have different activities and events, regular church services and excellent meals. The staff is quiet but quick and friendly. The facilities are absolutely stunning. The outside areas are always well kept and beautiful. The indoor spaces are always clean and the staff is more than accommodating. When we planned to have my Aunt's funeral there, they were so helpful with the family. We had help organizing the refreshments and taking care of funeral arrangements. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is a top notch facility and offers many accommodations for different kinds of needs.

June 16, 2012

By Cats2

The administrative staff member who showed us the assisted living facility was pleasant and informative. The facility is essentially a studio-apartment opening onto a broad hall-wat, an activity room and dining room. They gave us a printed current weekly schedule for the resident's activities. We visited a lady in her unit.We were a little surprised that we were able to have such an up-close visit with little preparation. The facility seemed well staffed and has an excellent reputation. We met random residents also who lived in the non-assisted parts of the facility (it is a CCRC). They were highly complimentary of the community, its facility and staff.In our current healthy status, it was hard to imagine being content living there, but it seemed that it would be a perfectly good choice if one physically or mentally needed it.

May 26, 2012

By amyjon

Croasdaile Retirement Center is a wonderful facility. One of the things that sets it apart, are it's upscale buildings and beautiful scenery. It has a nice rural feel with sidewalks winding through trees and around ponds. It is surrounded by beautiful homes and there is a golf course near by. The Croasdaile Farms area, where Croasdaile Retirement is located, has well kept sidewalks as well as walking trails. The grounds are well manicured and you feel as if you are at an upscale apartment complex rather than a retirement community. They have wonderful, restaurant grade food and regularly invite the community for gatherings where they offer meals. Definitely not a cafeteria feeling when dining here. They also offer many community sponsored events where the public is invited to the grounds. One example of this is an antique car show that was just held. Things like this give residents the opportunity to feel that they are participating with the community if they otherwise would not be able to. The staff is helpful and courteous, offering me directions when I visit. The location is perfect because there are museums, golf courses, bowling, and shopping all nearby for those able to participate and the center offers transportation. Another reason this is such a great place, and possibly the most important of all, is it's location when it comes to available doctors and medical facilities. Duke and Durham Regional Hospitals are right down the road, as well as Independence Medical Park and Duke Urgent Care and Triangle Orthopaedics. All in all, a wonderful place. The only drawback that I can think of is the cost. I don't know exact figures, but my understanding is that the place is quite expensive. I guess when you consider the amenities, it is understandable, but still, most people would not be able to afford this place.

November 22, 2011

By unfortunate

My father is here in the Pavilion. We're not very happy with Croasdaile. Although their staff/resident ratio is good on paper, we can never find anyone to help my father. They're either eating in the activity room or outside smoking. It has gotten better in the past six months, but the level of caring is missing. The staff doesn't really care about the patients. They can stay wet or messy when they're incontinent. If they don't want to eat right away, then they don't get to eat all all. Nobody comes back to feed them. The attitude is "well, too bad. They had a chance." I overheard one nursing assistant say to another one "I just wish these family members would go away and leave us alone." Unfortunately, rather than welcoming an occasional suggestion from family, they resent it. All in all, look elsewhere.

August 22, 2011

By truth hearts

i really want to let everyone know that if your are thinking about retiring here,i hope you are very wealthy because once the money runs out you will be thrown to the side with the rest of them.they say they are non-profit but they should be because thats what they are all about its a shame they just bought a 130,000 dollar rv like transportation bus for the independent living residents only why is that it shou[d be for all their residents they all paid for it.As far as patient care its ok it could be better if they treated their staff a little better some of the department heads are very cruel and nasty to their staff and thats not good because we all know that happy staff means happy residents but of course thats croasdaile they make the rules as they go.they will tell you everything you would want to hear so that you can place your loved ones here,but once they are here its a whole new different ballgame.

Features of Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

Croasdaile Village Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in Durham, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Croasdaile Village Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Croasdaile Village Retirement Community