Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

2600 Croasdaile Farm Parkway, Durham, NC, 27705

Reviews of Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

freddy666 March 07, 2014

Both my grandparents were there until their deaths

I found it a very depressing place. My grandmother broke her hip twice within a span of months, the second time because something was left for her to stumble on during her rehabilitation. Her bed had a pressure pad so if she got out of bed at night someone would help her back, but it seemed to be ignored - on more than one occassion, she would be found on the floor in the morning. Their concept of "activity" was to roll everyone out into the hallway and let them drool on themselves. And when my grandmother was finally dying, my grandfather was not brought to her room, to be with her, when she died.

My grandfather was more cognizant/mobile than my grandmother but not able to take of himself. They finally moved him from his apartment into the higher-care place when he was having trouble with his colostomy bag. Yet they didn't do anything different, the bag would be overflowing or whatever.

Plenty of other examples, too numerous to mention, but I would never put another relative into this facility.

Kristy1 September 27, 2012

Croasdaile Village is a lovely community with nicely kept grounds and facilities. The entire facility is handicap accessible, and it takes great care to meet all of its clients needs. The community offers options for all levels of care from independent apartments through full-time nursing care. The staff is very helpful and responsive to both their clients and their families. The staff refer to the residents as Mr., Mrs. or Dr. which denotes the level of respect and dignity that the elderly deserve. My grandmother initially moved into an assisted living apartment at Croasdaile. Here she was able to retain a sense of independence; there were book clubs and social events for her to attend. She could cook for herself, but there was also a dining hall where she could enjoy meals with her friends. As her health declined, she gradually became unable to take of herself, and she stepped down into a nursing home type setting with more supervision but still a measure of independence. Eventually, my grandmother suffered from dementia and she was non-verbal for the last four years of her life; at this point, we moved her into the unit with full-time nursing facilities. The staff took great care of feeding, bathing, and caring for her. We really appreciate all that Croasdaile did for my grandmother in the last years of her life.

yolo1 June 23, 2012

This is such a beautiful community. They offer several different levels of care and service. This really benefits people who may start off only needing very little assistance and then later in life they are able to get much more assistance if need be. This kind of flexibility is good because it will make people want to live there long term. They have different activities and events, regular church services and excellent meals. The staff is quiet but quick and friendly. The facilities are absolutely stunning. The outside areas are always well kept and beautiful. The indoor spaces are always clean and the staff is more than accommodating. When we planned to have my Aunt's funeral there, they were so helpful with the family. We had help organizing the refreshments and taking care of funeral arrangements. I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is a top notch facility and offers many accommodations for different kinds of needs.

Cats2 June 16, 2012

The administrative staff member who showed us the assisted living facility was pleasant and informative. The facility is essentially a studio-apartment opening onto a broad hall-wat, an activity room and dining room. They gave us a printed current weekly schedule for the resident's activities. We visited a lady in her unit.We were a little surprised that we were able to have such an up-close visit with little preparation. The facility seemed well staffed and has an excellent reputation. We met random residents also who lived in the non-assisted parts of the facility (it is a CCRC). They were highly complimentary of the community, its facility and staff.In our current healthy status, it was hard to imagine being content living there, but it seemed that it would be a perfectly good choice if one physically or mentally needed it.

amyjon May 26, 2012

Croasdaile Retirement Center is a wonderful facility. One of the things that sets it apart, are it's upscale buildings and beautiful scenery. It has a nice rural feel with sidewalks winding through trees and around ponds. It is surrounded by beautiful homes and there is a golf course near by. The Croasdaile Farms area, where Croasdaile Retirement is located, has well kept sidewalks as well as walking trails. The grounds are well manicured and you feel as if you are at an upscale apartment complex rather than a retirement community. They have wonderful, restaurant grade food and regularly invite the community for gatherings where they offer meals. Definitely not a cafeteria feeling when dining here. They also offer many community sponsored events where the public is invited to the grounds. One example of this is an antique car show that was just held. Things like this give residents the opportunity to feel that they are participating with the community if they otherwise would not be able to. The staff is helpful and courteous, offering me directions when I visit. The location is perfect because there are museums, golf courses, bowling, and shopping all nearby for those able to participate and the center offers transportation. Another reason this is such a great place, and possibly the most important of all, is it's location when it comes to available doctors and medical facilities. Duke and Durham Regional Hospitals are right down the road, as well as Independence Medical Park and Duke Urgent Care and Triangle Orthopaedics. All in all, a wonderful place. The only drawback that I can think of is the cost. I don't know exact figures, but my understanding is that the place is quite expensive. I guess when you consider the amenities, it is understandable, but still, most people would not be able to afford this place.

unfortunate November 22, 2011

My father is here in the Pavilion. We're not very happy with Croasdaile. Although their staff/resident ratio is good on paper, we can never find anyone to help my father. They're either eating in the activity room or outside smoking. It has gotten better in the past six months, but the level of caring is missing. The staff doesn't really care about the patients. They can stay wet or messy when they're incontinent. If they don't want to eat right away, then they don't get to eat all all. Nobody comes back to feed them. The attitude is "well, too bad. They had a chance." I overheard one nursing assistant say to another one "I just wish these family members would go away and leave us alone." Unfortunately, rather than welcoming an occasional suggestion from family, they resent it. All in all, look elsewhere.

truth hearts August 22, 2011

i really want to let everyone know that if your are thinking about retiring here,i hope you are very wealthy because once the money runs out you will be thrown to the side with the rest of them.they say they are non-profit but they should be because thats what they are all about its a shame they just bought a 130,000 dollar rv like transportation bus for the independent living residents only why is that it shou[d be for all their residents they all paid for it.As far as patient care its ok it could be better if they treated their staff a little better some of the department heads are very cruel and nasty to their staff and thats not good because we all know that happy staff means happy residents but of course thats croasdaile they make the rules as they go.they will tell you everything you would want to hear so that you can place your loved ones here,but once they are here its a whole new different ballgame.

About Croasdaile Village Retirement Community

Croasdaile Village Retirement Community is an assisted living facility in Durham, NC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Croasdaile Village Retirement Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Croasdaile Village Retirement Community