Brookdale Durham

4434 Ben Franklin Boulevard, Durham, NC, 27704

Reviews of Brookdale Durham

December 27, 2012

By Candy2

My mom is in Carolina House Alzheimer's unit. The only improvement I want to see is the staff to patient ratio. They're within guidelines, but it's just not enough.

October 24, 2012

By ShirleyM

So far I'm relatively satisfied. Mother seems to like it in Carolina House. The higher staff is excellent and the facility is clean. But there could be more activities for people.

June 29, 2012

By Anita1

Carolina House is very modern in structure. I find the staff very helpful and nice and provided a great tour of their entire facility. The rooms and apartments are quite pricey but the whole place is really nice. Meals are being provided to the residents which is good.

April 02, 2012

By GullWing

My mother (90 yrs old) stayed there for a little more than a year. The outside is attractive as is the entrance, but many of the smaller rooms are depressing. The staff appeared under paid, and there was quiet grumbling about their employer. The caregivers would yell to each other in the halls, startling my mother (and me, as well). With the dining room full, it was mostly silent which created a depressing and gloomy environment. There is good access to many medical facilities in the neighborhood.

December 07, 2011

By darlingsmile

My uncle stayed here for several years. He enjoyed it here, and every time we visited the facility, it was clean and well kept. The staff was friendly, and they treated him well. The room he was given was so nice, and it didn't feel like a hospital, like some of the other places did. They provided all meals for him, which he enjoyed because he was unable to cook for himself anymore. He really enjoyed socializing with the other residents there, which was important because he was not lonely. The facility is located nearby where he used to live, so, he did not have to be totally removed from his familiar surroundings. He had lived in this area all of his life and he felt comfortable staying here. Overall, I really can't think of a bad experience with this facility. I think all of the residents seemed to like it here.

June 18, 2011

My visit to Carolina House was nothing but exceptional. Trevor the Marketing Director and Jessica the Social Services Director were professional but at the same time very caring and sincere to my concerns. The room I chose for my aunt is so cozy and inviting. It really makes you feel at home. The nurses and other attendants have been very attentive to my aunts needs and go way beyond what is expected of them as employees. My aunt has three balanced meals a day and the food there is great. I have eaten there with her many times. I truly feel that God led me to this location for a reason, I have been at peace and know that my aunt is well taken care of . I highly recommend Carolina House of Durham

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Durham

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

• French
  • Spanish

About Brookdale Durham

Brookdale Durham provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Durham