The Harbor House at Ocala

12080 SW Highway 484, Dunnellon, FL, 34432

Reviews of The Harbor House at Ocala

Nancy75805150 November 07, 2014

Harbor House had the assisted living only and the memory-care only facilities interconnected. Someone could go to the other if needed. They were very comparable one to the other; I would include them really as one. Later after we were there, the person who was a coordinator of all three of them called my friend back, and he said that she was very helpful and he really appreciated her call; he was very impressed by that person. The one that was in-charge of Harbor House took us through their area, and she was also very helpful. I think that was mostly for assisted living. It had the usual security that a nursing home has in terms of someone right by the door.

There were two different ladies that took us around. We talked in the office with the person who was in charge of that facility -- I am not sure what her title is -- and she gave us basic information about their facility. I think it was one of the other people that actually took us around in the building, and she was very helpful to show us what the rooms looked like and what the dining room looked like. The rooms were fine -- a little smaller, but adequate.

Ken10 August 29, 2013

My mother is in The Harbor House of OCALA and what we really liked about it is that it is not like the other assisted living facilities. The door is never locked. She has an apartment with a door to the outside. So, she can come and go as she pleases. The services have been outstanding so far. We have no complaints at all. They are quick to respond when there is a problem. They are very friendly. They treat all the residents as renters and not as patients. They have lots of activities, but my mom is interested with religious activities only.

Nancy55569050 August 19, 2013

The Harbor House at Ocala was very clean. The staff was very nice and very aware on what's going on. The lady that I talked to seemed to have knowledge on everything. But they only offered three levels of care and their third level of care that he would have been, I just didn't think that it was the vision for what he needed. I thought he needed more monitoring than what they were offering. I just didn't think that it was quite well for what my father needed.

From The Harbor House at Ocala

Our team of dedicated, experienced professionals provides the highest level of support in an atmosphere that is appreciated by both residents and their families. Specialized programs and services are designed to enhance the lives of our residents. We are committed to meeting your individual needs or those of your loved ones.

In a home-like setting, we provide the ideal solution for seniors who require some assistance with daily activities. Residents are able to live in their own suites while receiving the services they need from our well-trained and caring staff.

Our community has Single level floorplan, private patios; lush, natural setting

Features of The Harbor House at Ocala

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None