Brookdale Muirfield

7220 Muirfield Drive, Dublin, OH, 43017

Reviews of Brookdale Muirfield

Leslie112553650 September 17, 2015

We visited Brookdale Muirfield. First of all, the director who took me around was fantastic. She really worked hard to try to get me in there and try to work all kinds of deals trying to get me the best situation for the best price. She did a really excellent job. The place was clean. It was bright, and it was remodeled. It looked like it was very well-staffed. They had beautiful gardens. It was fresh and clean. It seemed like a really nice homey place. I would absolutely recommend this community to others.

Caring99437650 December 27, 2014

I visited Emerald Crossings. I happened to get there at an inopportune time. They were changing out all of their furnishings and replacing them with new ones. Yet everyone was very kind. They took me around and showed me everything that I wanted to see. Because the old furniture was outside and the new furniture inside hasn't been placed yet, they were most apologetic. I didn't call and ask for reservation to come and see them though. The manager was very kind, and the assistant who took me around everywhere was very knowledgeable.

Caring84328850 May 21, 2014

My mom has moved to Emerald Crossings. We chose this because it's close to where I live, and that would be convenient for me. The staff are very pleasant. The rooms are very nice, but I wish she could have a refrigerator, though. They have activities every day, but she hasn’t really participated that much. She was able to go to a musical event, and she really enjoyed it.

Walker23 December 03, 2013

My mother has been a resident for three years. Emerald Crossing is conveniently located to my home and I visit daily. My mother is still pretty independent and mobile and feels secure and content here. Her room is a nice size and comfortable. I feel her needs are being met by the entire staff who are friendly, hard working and helpful. They provide activities for the residents, if they choose to take part. The nursing staff have been excellent and caring toward my mother and have always been very prompt in addressing any questions or issues that I have requested. I feel comfortable that the safety of residents is top notch with staff working well as a team. Ex. Tornado warning procedures. They provide regular get togethers for families. It gives me peace of mind that my mom has no complaints and feels content and secure.

regular-visitor December 03, 2013

My mother has been there over 1 year and I see her at least 2 or 3 times a week, which provides a wide array of opportunities and variation in times of day to see how the staff interact with patients. She started in the assisted living facility and as her condition has worsened she was moved to the dementia care unit. The facility is clean and well maintained. The care and attention she receives has been excellent. Residents are included in a wide variety of activities - if they choose to participate - and even help plan menus on the assisted living side. Staff are friendly, willing to help, and bend over backwards to care for a difficult set of patients. There are weekly excursions provided to those residents interested in going out both on the assisted living and dementia care sides of the facility. Both sides of the facility provide regular checking on the residents for health and safety. In the dementia care unit the nurses regularly call to provide updates on needed testing and care, or to address issues they see as a potential medical care issue, and are alert enough to observe problems long before they become critical. Activities directors provide activities designed to help maintain the best possible function of the mind for patients with conditions like dementia that are inevitably destined to worsen. Doctors and nursing staff have always been available to discuss patient care. The business office staff and Executive Director are always available to discuss a wide range of issues, and I have seen them all pitch in to help during times when there have been emergencies that inevitably pop-up. Emerald Crossing provides what I consider to be excellent care. I have suggested to other families that they consider touring the facility for their loved ones.

Commenter September 29, 2013

Emerald Crossing is in a pleasant, convenient location. This facility, however, is probably best for someone who is independent and does not require extensive interaction with the staff. My experience with a loved one at this facility was not particularly good.

We were sorry to hear that a family member felt we did not interact enough with one of our residents. The goal of our staff at Emerald Crossings is to ensure that residents receive the assistance they each need while allowing them to live as independently as possible. Emerald Crossings has a Resident Program Director (also known as an Activity Director) along with two full time assistants to engage the residents and ensure they are living an optimum life.

Relative1234 August 15, 2013

Quantity and quality of staff poor. We pulled mom out when we found red marks on her arms. Enough said.

The safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. Please know that this complaint was investigated by the Ohio Department of Health and the findings were "Emerald Crossings was in compliance with the State of Ohio Rules and Regulations for licensure requirements. No licensure violations were cited in regards to allegations."

maypole March 01, 2013

My mother lived here for 2.5 years. Understaffed and poorly qualified care providers. Housekeeping was unsanitary and severly lacking. We found feces under dresser, bed, nightstand when we moved.

This is very personal situation and many times everyone involved does not know all of the circumstances. As part of Brookdale's commitment to providing a caring and safe environment for our residents, we do take housekeeping and cleanliness very seriously.

norman-1 March 24, 2009

My loved one stayed here

When my father was evaluated for the Assisted Living side he declined rapidly and almost died while there and was put on hospice. I was told that they are able to care from beginning to end but in actuality they do not have enough trained staff to properly care for wheel chair residents with dementia. I moved my father to another facility which he is thriving in and has just gone off of hospice. Emerald Crossing also requires a very large deposit which is not refunded if it is a poor match for the resident.

From Brookdale Muirfield

Brookdale Muirfield provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Muirfield

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Muirfield