Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

Reviews of Pine Run Lakeview

Posted by cmm336 August 27, 2015
4.0

My mother was a resident of Lakeview for the past 2 1/2 years. They allow pets, so she was able to have her cat and they also allow small dogs. Her room was small and located a good distance from the nursing station. The food was very good and she seemed to enjoy the good variety. There are activities going on daily through the week and the activity staff is caring and engaging. Many of the main staff have been employed there for many years which shows their committments to the residents and enjoyment of the job. The nursing staff that took care of Mom at the end of her life was exceptional. They were attentive and compassionate not only to Mom's needs but to our family as well. We cannot say enough about how wonderful everyone was during a very difficult time. We are thankful Mom's last years were in a safe, caring environment.

Posted by Caring93967150 October 05, 2014
4.0

I’m living in Pine Run Lakeview. It’s a likeable place. The place is owned by Doylestown Hospital. We’re a couple of blocks from it. There’s a service; they have two vehicles and one driver. It cost $10 to make a roundtrip in any place in Bucks County. You have to reserve ahead of time. Most people here do not drive. In particular, the food is better than I had expected. The service staff is above what you would expect if you would carefully hire people that didn’t pay them very much. Many of the people in the dining room for instance during the summer are on vacation from school or about to start college. They do a part as well as one would expect. The food is excellent. I would give the food an A minus; I’ll give the service a C minus. The cost is about equal the cost of staying in one of the local hotels. Of course if you stay in one of the local hotels you spend a few days or weeks. Here you might expect to spend for the rest of your life. This is a place where they do not take you for a thousand dollars of entrance fee. The worst part is that the rooms are small. They call them a suite. It’s a shock to move into a suite consisting of a one room and a bathroom. That’s a negative, but on the other hand you can get used to it. There are about 120 residents here I suppose. I would say 1/3 of the people here you can’t talk to because their minds are gone. Maybe another third has some deterioration simply due to the fact that they’re old. The remaining third are pretty good mentally.

Posted by Caring72267250 January 31, 2014

The staff here is very polite. They're very good in helping us. They have a very nice dining room. I have no complaints about the food. It's very good. I stayed in an apartment on the groundfloor. We initially picked it out and they did it the way we want it. We have 50 different activities for people to join. I just like everything about Pine Run.

Posted by yarnto July 11, 2012
4.0

I visited Pine Run as a guest. My time there was spent mainly in the resident dining room as well as the apartment of my friends' grandmother. The dining room was well maintained and comfortable. Service was comparable to what you would expect at a Denny's or Bob Evans and the food was good (pulled pork sandwich with french fries). The only negative comment about the dining room would have been the lack of management/nursing presence and our server had wrinkled/soiled clothing.The apartment I visited was spacious and seemed like a very comfortable place to live. There was a living room with attached small kitchen area. There was also a bedroom with walk-in closet and adjoining full bathroom. A member of the nursing staff visited the apartment while we were there and she was very pleasant and appeared to have very good rapport with the resident. On the way out we stopped at a lounge area just to peek in and noticed a large flat screen TV, games area, puzzles, several magazines & newspapers, and a few residents playing cards.

Posted by johnnyfiveisalive June 23, 2012
4.0

Nice people, great staff. No real problems. The food was nice, the environment was friendly, they allowed pets and had communal events. The atmosphere was nice, the staff friendly, no real complaints. My grandmother was well regarded there and they all took care of her and checked on her every day.

Posted by 8Bear May 26, 2011

Visited this facility

I used to volunteer at the assisted living center to talk with the residents and clean their bird cages. I was impressed that they could have a bird in their room if they wanted. I think this brought a lot of enjoyment to the residents who opted for a bird. For residents who did not want to have pets in their room, they had several chinchillas in the lobby as well. The facilities were clean and faculty was always courteous and friendly. I do not have any family members at this home, but I would consider Pine Run if I ever had to make a decision for a family member regarding the choice of a nursing home.

Location of Pine Run Lakeview