Solano Life House | Fixed Rate Senior Care

575 S Jefferson St, Dixon, CA, 95620

Reviews of Solano Life House | Fixed Rate Senior Care

Elaine38 February 29, 2016

I think Solano Life House was nice, but I don’t know if it will work with my father. The staff was very nice. The rooms were very clean and very nice. They didn’t have bad odor. The facility was good.

flyfarther79 February 17, 2016

My granddad has been at Solano Life House for years and everyone takes such great care of him. My grams was there before she passed and they were so wonderful and caring of her. The Day Staff is like a second family. We've gotten to know them on a personal level as well, they always check on us and give us updates on my granddad. The building and rooms are being updated and all the changes have been wonderful. The front room is so bright and welcoming. The staff is so caring of the residents and each other. The food has changed over the years; they use fresh food/produce and everything looks great. It doesn't have that nursing food smell that some places have. It may not look like much from the outside but your family member will get the best care here.

Deb Cumins March 03, 2015

There is nothing negative to say about Solano Lifehouse. The staff sincerely cares about each and every resident and treats each individual with respect. They truly understand the challenges of losing one's independence, and they make every effort to truly listen to each resident and to reassure him or her. If you are looking for a home where an elderly person will be confident, comfortable, loved, and respected, I highly recommend Solano Lifehouse.

Hobbit Hollow July 24, 2014

Solano Life House may not look impressive as one reviewer mentioned but that is not what matters. It is clean and well kept. The most important thing is that the residents are truly respected and loved by the staff. Debbie and Laura and their entire staff are kind, caring people. They completely "get" dementia and the strange things it does to our loved ones and they allow them to "be" who they are without judgement and always with loving support. They interact with the residents throughout the day as though they are family. They are also welcoming to family members. I come visit with our family pets and the residents and staff love it. I am so relieved that I found such a warm safe place for my mom.

Caring64767450 February 01, 2014

Solano Life House used to be called Cherry Street. I really wasn't able to do a whole lot with them because I was uncomfortable while I was there. Their gardens weren't as well taken care of. The facility had a smell to it. The room where they all shared space was bright and sunny; however, the rooms in the back where my mom would go were very dark. They had a small kitchen. They didn't seem to have enough staff. I was thinking, if there wasn't enough staff during the day, what it would be like during the night. Also they were concerned that they wouldn't be able to help my mother get up and down.

kate rose August 15, 2013

I visited this facility July of 2013. It is a small assisted living home for dementia/memory care. It is located in a somewhat rural area of dixon, within an older residential neighborhood. This facility is old, however it seems to be kept up well. The gardens outside are a nice place for residents to stroll. The wing where they have their rooms is very sterile looking. All white paint, looks very hospital like. If they could change the look of this, it would lucent up the place a bit. It was very clean with no smells, which can be a problem in these types of places.

CH.Geneva December 07, 2011

My mother-in-law has a friend at this facility and on a recent holiday I joined her on a visit. I actually enjoyed going and I didn't expect that to be the case. The day that I was there they had therapy pets visiting and the place was active, clean, and the staff was welcoming; much like the feeling of extended family in a home. I had not been to a senior center since I was a kid and those memories stay with you. That's what I expected to find again, but I was pleasantly surprised so I'd definitely recommend this place if you have such a need within Solano County.

From Solano Life House

Welcome to Solano Life House

We are a Residential Care Facility for the Elderly; serving Solano County California from Dixon for thirty years, but what we offer is unique in the senior care field - a fixed price. We provide personalized care in an active community environment with two full time activities directors providing mental and physical stimulation every day within the home, and heading out of the home with our active seniors on regular day trips in our 15 passenger excursion van. Yet we're small enough to offer personalized, relationship based care for residents by our loving staff; something unavailable at larger corporate facilities.

We are a state licensed, secured grounds, family owned nineteen room ranch style senior care home, providing assistance with daily life. We offer a continuum of care for our senior residents. Throughout those stages we strive to enhance residents' lives with activities, companionship, safety and comfort in a communal living environment, and we do so in a manner that makes community living a viable option to residents and their families on fixed incomes. We have one shared room rate for all residents; a fixed cost of $2,950 per month, all included. Our flat rate is unique in the senior care home community, as our residents enjoy no added fees; no levels of care charges, no service fees or menu pricing, and our residents pay this fixed rate for as long as they choose to call Solano Life House home. We also work with military veterans to allow immediate occupancy while they wait for approval of their federal benefits. Come tour our home and meet our personable care givers and staff. We would love to meet you and show you life at Solano Life House.

We are unique because we THINK about every aspect of what we do and how all of our decisions are interconnected and designed to translate into better mental and physical care, healthier residents, more fulfilling days for all, and happier individuals during their golden years. We strive every day to earn the name Solano LIFE House. When my family bought this home, we wanted to do things differently within senior care, so every aspect of the experience at Solano Life House is perpetually contemplated and reviewed toward improvement. We also go beyond our residents to consider their families’ needs, and this led us to do something unseen anywhere else in senior care; one low fixed monthly rate for all residents. You will always know what your monthly expense will be, and it will never fluctuate for services, levels of care, or for as long as your family member chooses to reside at Solano Life House.

Features of Solano Life House

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 486801928