Sunrise of Des Peres

13460 Manchester Road, Des Peres, MO, 63131

Reviews of Sunrise of Des Peres

Caring75392950 March 28, 2014

Sunrise is close to my home, so I have easy access to get there if I need to do anything for my sister. The price is right. I'm very pleased with it. I have nothing that I can complain about. She shares a room, but it has a divider, so she doesn't see the other person at all, and she has complete privacy. The food is fine. The restaurant does very well.

EmeraldMaple October 18, 2012

The facility was beautiful and very expensive. It had a TV room, library, cafe, dining room, etc. Her room was a very nice studio - large window overlooking a private landscaped patio, small kitchenette. Nice large covered porches w/rocking chairs. Staff - you very seldom saw them; but when called they were pleasant. Dining room - service was deplorable - we waited over 30 minutes to get served many times. I often wondered how she managed there when alone. She was left to be independent there - a good thing until dementia started increasing and I began to worry about her and not being checked on enough. There was a house dog. The first dog was very sweet. The next dog could be quite aggressive and staff refused to put him up when he acted up. I took her to church on weekends but when it became more difficult for her to get around, we went to services on third floor. The couple were lovely and so cheerful to the residents attending. She loved going to see them and it seemed to satisfy her religious wants. Overall, a lovely place to look at, but service and attentiveness to residents seemed lax. I have been to other facilities where the building wasn't nearly as nice, but the caring compassionate staff made it a wonderful place to be. I didn't think that of this place.

TinkerEdva June 22, 2011

My school's T.A. was injured in a horrific accident and was admitted for skilled-care at Sunrise of Des Peres. Friends and I would often visit him on our lunch breaks during the Fridays we were dismissed early. Compliments regarding the kitchen's preparation of food and meal-feeding habits to the less-capable residents soon surfaced- as our facility takes pride in having the best dietary program in the area. Our food program was exceptional compared to other facilities in which I had worked, and our mock-surveys and inspection results concluded exceptional food storage habits and ideal serving programs right in the facility, often limiting the assistance of a caregiver. To say the least, this had already been reflected in the views of our residents and their family members; even faculty and staff members made it a priority to catch a lunch before there were no more reserved. I would never feel more ethically or morally comfortable admitting a family member to Sunrise knowing that amongst other notable achievements, their diet and nutrition is in good hands.

From Sunrise of Des Peres

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Des Peres

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours