Calvin Community

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Calvin Community

May 01, 2012

By Amber80

This is a great facility for all kinds of people. Make sure that if you are in the Des Moines, Iowa area and you have a family member or a loved on that is in need of assisted living, or long term nursing home care that you check it out. It is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and you get to put your own things in them if you want and they feel very homey. The halls and the common areas are all clean and neat and there are a lot of great things in them. The staff is kind and helpful and is always there to help you or the resident if you need anything. They don't let the residents get bored, they have a lot of daily activities and events and the residents can pick and choose what they would like to do. From people that come in and do manicures to movie nights an d more. The food is great as well. All the residents seem to like it. Make sure that you check this facility out.

September 30, 2011

By werewolficd

My father was a resident of this 'fun' and 'friendly' community, yet what I discovered completely blew away the sugar coated facade that Calvin Community claimed to be. When we first visited him, we noticed a strong odor of urine and feces as soon as we walked in. Various residents were scattered here and there, as if in a mental hospital; some calling for help, while others buried in their own misery. The C.N.A.s in charge all seemed to be on break at the same time, as during our 45 minute visit, his call light stayed on right until we left. I went to tell a Nurse that he needed help, but was quickly told that, "I'm on break." in a very snoody tone. Overall, I would never send anyone that I love there, nor would I ever go back if I had the choice. The only reason that I rated it two stars was because of a few of the newer C.N.A.s, who were friendly, and trustworthy.

About Calvin Community

Calvin Community is an assisted living facility in Des Moines, IA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Calvin Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Calvin Community