Calvin Community

4210 Hickman Road, Des Moines, IA, 50310

Reviews of Calvin Community

werewolficd September 30, 2011

My father was a resident of this 'fun' and 'friendly' community, yet what I discovered completely blew away the sugar coated facade that Calvin Community claimed to be. When we first visited him, we noticed a strong odor of urine and feces as soon as we walked in. Various residents were scattered here and there, as if in a mental hospital; some calling for help, while others buried in their own misery. The C.N.A.s in charge all seemed to be on break at the same time, as during our 45 minute visit, his call light stayed on right until we left. I went to tell a Nurse that he needed help, but was quickly told that, "I'm on break." in a very snoody tone. Overall, I would never send anyone that I love there, nor would I ever go back if I had the choice. The only reason that I rated it two stars was because of a few of the newer C.N.A.s, who were friendly, and trustworthy.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Calvin Community

Calvin Community is an assisted living facility in Des Moines, IA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Calvin Community for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Calvin Community