Brookdale Deptford

1674 Delsea Drive, Deptford, NJ, 08096

Reviews of Brookdale Deptford

Caring97922250 December 12, 2014

Brookdale Deptford had an A and a B unit. There were 24 people in each unit, and the two buildings didn't connect to one another, so when you have an activity in the winter, I don't know how you can go from one building to the other building because there was no shelter connection between the buildings. If you are in a wheelchair or something, how do you get to the other building? There was building one and building two, but how do they get everybody between the buildings? It may not be that bad in the summer, but in the winter, you are not going to leave that building. I talked to one guy, and when he told me that their level of care does not include daily bathing, I said forget it. If I had to pay extra, I didn't even want to go any further.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. Please be assured that we are passionately committed to serving our residents. Our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. We will share your feedback to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

Nick's Niece July 06, 2014

My Uncle Nick has been a resident of Sterling House for the past 3 months. When he arrived he was unable to walk and in poor spirits. The staff at Sterling House has not only gotten him to walk over 200 feet with his walker, but they have also lifted his spirits to the point where he now enjoys living there! The nurse's take wonderful care of him and help him to meet his daily goals for walking. His room is always keep clean and tidy, and always has a pleasant smell. My Uncle is also always kept clean and dressed daily.

Nick's Daughter July 03, 2014

My dad is nearly 100 yrs old and came to Sterling House 1 in March 2014. He had been bed-bound for more than one year, unable to stand or walk, and he needed care for every bodily function. After 3 months at Sterling House, he is walking with a walker, and today he walked to the toilet and used it with minimal help! The staff at Sterling House is fabulous - they set expectations that dad will wheel himself into the dining room to eat with others and have encouraged him with every small and large success in becoming more mobile and empowered. Dad is adamant that he will walk and become more independent. It is wonderful to see how he has progressed since coming to Sterling House. Thank you to Linda and her staff!

anne brown May 09, 2014

My Mother is a resident of Sterling House I am very pleased with the care that Mom is receiving the staff is responsive to all my complaints or requests the grounds and interior are well maintained Mom has been there for almost 3 years and seems to be thriving activities and being with her peers is a good thing we are glad to be a part of the Sterling House community.

lindadtr May 07, 2014

Since my Mother has become a member of this new family she has thrived. Her outlook on life has improved as well as every aspect of her life. I am most grateful to all the staff for her well being and my peace of mind. I would recommend this facility very highly.

mariee1 April 29, 2014

I checked out three assisted living facilities for my sister who was falling very frequently. I decided on Sterling House a Brookdale location. I can't say enought about the care that my sister is receiving. They are taking various steps to see that my sister is not falling and injuring her head which could be life threateing. They have gotten her a hi low bed and scoop matress to eliminate some of her falling. In addition she is frequently checked on by the aids so that she is safer. So my decision to have my sister at Sterling House was the right one. Her dog Sabrina is now the mascot for Sterling House in Deptford.

Caring79510250 March 28, 2014

My dad is at Sterling House of Deptford. We chose this for him because of the homey atmosphere and the fact that it was really small. There are only 25 residents per building, and that was a big selling point. Food has been awesome. I don't have one complaint about it. The best thing about this community is the service. So far it has been great.

Peaceful 1 December 23, 2013

A decent facility that really watches over the residents. The place feels like a home setting and most of the staff cares.

nonsense November 06, 2013

We thought it was a nice facility because everyone appeared so nice and caring. There are two CNA's I liked. However, they are understaffed. The CNA's clean, change the residents, serve food etc....They don't have any servers. I've even seen the CNA cooking(so it appeared) My mother didn't like the food and no special diets. They went through approximatey 3 directors within two years. No outings regularly. Very understaffed. Be careful choosing this facility.

June_60 September 16, 2013

We visited Sterling House for my uncle. It was a clean facility. Nothing negative stood out during our visit. Everyone was polite and courteous. There were residents in one of the rooms that were doing some sort of arts and crafts. However, it was one of those facilities that could not offer a private room with a view that my uncle wanted.

DMEdoll June 28, 2012

I have visited this facility twice. There are two buildings with 24 rooms in each building. I visited another larger facility but my sister and I prefer the smaller more home like setting for our mother who would be overwhelmed in the larger multi-floor activity driven facility. The staff were especially nice and encouraging when we took our Mother there for a Mother's Day Brunch. The facility is clean with comfortable common areas. The rooms have microwave, sink, dorm frig. The rooms will accomodate a twin bed, rocker or recliner, and a small dinette. They will furnish or you can bring your own furniture.

From Brookdale Deptford

Brookdale Deptford provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Deptford