Village at Lowry

150 Quebec Street, Denver, CO, 80230

Reviews of Village at Lowry

Pat118921050 January 19, 2016

The staff at the Village of Lowrey seemed very friendly and had been very helpful. They didn’t quite have what we were looking for, though; that’s why we didn’t place my sister-in-law there. She took a turn for the worse quickly. The rooms seemed OK and were of a pretty good size for what we were looking for. I didn’t see much activity happening. They showed us a list of some of the places they visit, which seemed really nice, but I didn’t see anything particularly going on in the facility. It was a little quiet, and I would have liked a little more activity, but it was good.

Anonymous116419250 December 20, 2015

Village at Lowry was very clean. It was a nice-looking, well-run facility, though it looked somewhat rundown, like a hotel that has gone six years without renovations.

Caring113515150 September 30, 2015

Villages at Lowry was absolutely horrific. It was one thing that should be turned down or demolished. It was horrible, dirty, old, and awful. I see why it was only $2000 a month. I looked at the rooms, the dining, and the amenities, and it was not a very nice place.

We apologize that your tour of Village at Lowry did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions, and we are very sorry if you felt disappointed during your visit. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Caring110845550 August 31, 2015

Village at Lowry is moderate-sized. It is an older building, but they have made upgrades with the paint and the carpet. The room is pleasant; it’s nothing exceptional, but it is nice. My mom has enjoyed the religious services that they have; they have different denominations which are helpful to a variety of people.

Robin110546250 August 10, 2015

My mother is in Village at Lowry. The facility itself is beautiful and clean, and they are in the process of renovation. The staff is very cheerful and really seems to care about the residents at the facility. They attend to them timely and always have a happy smile. As far as the room -- the one-bedroom apartment. It is well taken care of and spacious. You can go around. It is set up in a way that it will be easy for an older person. They have a huge library. They have a puzzle ongoing. They have activities such as bingo, karaoke, and sing-a-longs. They have performers that come in and sing. They have bus trips out on some local areas or to the malls. They also provide a golf cart so you can go to the local grocery store or the library across the street.

Edwin5 July 15, 2015

My visit at Village at Lowry was nice. It seemed like a nice place. Everybody seemed happy. The residents were very pleasant, and they seemed to be in good spirit. The apartments were very nice. It was clean and well kept.

Karen106829350 May 14, 2015

It is centrally located, and it's not just assisted living; it's a home. My mother has a two-bedroom apartment, and the staff seems to be very caring. The food is very good and not high carbs. They have golf carts that take the customers across the street to the shopping centers, and the bus takes them shopping to a variety of different stores as well as to central city to do some gambling. She has been in Village at Lowry for a little over a month now. There are older furnishings, but they're in the process of renovating the entire building. The majority of the staff seems to care about their jobs, and they enjoy their work with the customers. Their motto is that "this is the customers' home, not theirs."

Anonymous 1 April 30, 2015

I thought the people were all very kind and welcoming in Village at Lowry, and it just had a very nice warm feel to it. The rooms were a little dated, but very spacious.

Caring105525850 April 21, 2015

We have her moving in Saturday to Village at Lowry. It’s about halfway between my work and my home. It’s 3 meals a day. The staff was great. Many of the residents came up full of personality and wanted to know who their new company was. It was very compassionate; it gave me a good feeling. It looks remodeled, very airy, and very bright. It’s small, but I think it’s going to work out just fine.

There’s an Albertson within walking distance. They can get out and go do whatever they want. They have a fairly large community with dementia and Alzheimer's, so they do quite a bit to try to stimulate their minds, and they do a regular trip.

Barbara102409850 February 18, 2015

I have been here in Village at Lowry for three years. The place is very nice. It is revamped because it used to be a bachelor officer quarters when Lowry was an air force base. The rooms have been redone. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments. I have a one-bedroom with my own bath. It is very quiet although the food is not terrific, but I do have a stove. I go out for breakfast, but I choose not to have lunch and dinner. I just make it myself. The staff is very nice, and they call everyone by their name. They have free manicures on Thursdays. They have sing-a-longs and happy hour on Fridays. They have various different outings and bus trips to shopping. There is a shopping center right outside our backdoor which is very nice. They have quite a few things to keep us busy. I like the fact that they call everyone by name. Every one of the staff knows everyone by name. It would be good if they can clean up their act on the food.

Yolanda4 November 29, 2014

Village at Lowry was more of an assisted living, but they do have an Alzheimer's unit. Their Alzheimer's unit was very small, but everybody there was very friendly. The pricing was a little on the high side, but it wasn’t tremendously bad.

The staff was wonderful. I like the fact that they would give their residents who were in the assisted living part a little golf cart to take them grocery shopping and to the events and things that they had for them. They take them to the Broncos games. It didn’t have the nursing home feel. They kept them involved in activities. I thought that was really neat.

Caring4855 September 23, 2014

They were very friendly and nice at the Lowry. However, it was very dirty. I think the problem was the facility is just not quite up to snuff. It’s old and huge. It needs to be remodeled. They didn’t even have closets in the room. It was a little strange.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

Caring83898850 August 29, 2014

While I was looking for a facility for a client of mine, I was able to visit Village at Lowry. It's a nice facility, but it was just too expensive for her. The rooms were nice and they seem to have quite a few activities for the residents. I also like the options for eating, that was pretty impressive.

Happy Child August 20, 2014

I visited the community and was very impressed at how nice the aprtments was and friendly everyone was there! It was every thing on my list and more - clean with great care and a real active feel -that made me want to join the various activites - can you believe they were hosting a fashion show when I toured. It was hard for me not to join - as well as I found the Sales staff was knowledgeable and friendly and really help guide me through the process, this was my first place I visited and no one lived up to the Village so far .

Caring86524350 June 15, 2014

Village at Lowry is probably the best we visited. It is very clean. The apartment is very nice. They are very friendly and accommodating, and in addition, they were knowledgeable and provided us with a lot of information.

Jess3 May 28, 2014

We had been at Village at Lowry for two years before having to move my mother to a facility for skilled nursing. The first year was great, but a change in management completely changed all personnel, three quarters of the original staff had quit and moved on. Things started to fall apart, torn carpet etc. This was not the facility we started with, and when we left I was very disappointed.

Jerry25 January 18, 2014

I checked out Village. It was a cross between a condo and apartment type. It was clean and excellently well kept. It had one questionable drawback for me. It was reasonably closed to where I had lived and I wasn't sure that I wanted to be back in that neighborhood and all the associations and memories. It was a strange reaction. But that was the most significant of the negative aspects. It had very little to do with the physical facility, but it had to do with the location.

Carolyn29 December 23, 2013

Village at Lowry was nice and clean. It was also homey. They did have lots of activities for their residents. They also offer transportations for them. Their rooms were small but their dining room was nice. I like the fact that they have a menu so you didn't have to eat what they had, but you can order and choose from their menu. This facility seemed like it would be a nice place for my friend but they weren't able to accommodate her.

Caring68870650 September 25, 2013

We are going with Village at Lowry for my dad. We just have a few things to take care of first and we're hoping to move him in by October. I like that this place is close to a lot of shopping centers and places for him to go. They also offer tons of activities for him. We did checked the room where Dad is going to be staying and it was clean. It had a little refrigerator, a kitchenette area, and a really large bathroom. There were lots of trees outside, so he would have a beautiful view from the window.

Anonymous8738 July 25, 2013

Village at Lowry is big and clean facility. My grandma likes it. The food is really good and she likes it. They seemed to be under staffed and I think they need to hire more people.

Michele6 July 24, 2013

Village at Lowry was nice and there are a lot of activities there. My mom doesn't feel like getting out socially though, she's slow in walking and afraid to fall. They were very nice but most of the people there are closer to my age than my mom's age. They do all kinds of outings and things. I think I prefer to keep mom as long as I can handle it.

djs1 November 21, 2011

Could you tell me why the residents of you home have to wait one hour at least for a lunch or dinner meal and then it is cold or not what they ordered. Their blood pressure if not taken as promised when their blood pressure is high? They,new management, say they are trying to get it straightened out. After more than a month I would think that the problem in the dinningroom would be fixed

From Village at Lowry

Village at Lowry provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Village at Lowry can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Village at Lowry is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Village at Lowry