Sunrise at Cherry Creek

251 S. Colorado Boulevard, Denver, CO, 80246

Reviews of Sunrise at Cherry Creek

Ina3 March 27, 2016

Sunrise at Cherry Creek was very warm and welcoming. The staff takes a lot of time to answer our questions, gives us tours, and are just very aware of the type of problems my mother is having and give us information on how their facility addresses those kinds of concern. Her room is very clean, bright and open, spacious and comfortable, and on a corner room with plenty of very nice views. Normally, they furnish the rooms, but we were able to furnish her room with her furniture, which makes it much more comfortable for her. The meals are very well balanced, taste excellent, and nice-size nice portions. The servers are very good and very attentive. The have a multitude of activities every day - like arts and crafts, singing, guest speakers, and a mobile library - that happen about the same time each afternoon or after lunch. My mother is impressed because she can relate to the lectures and activities. She is enjoying that part of it. They have something going on non-stop, and when she goes to bed at night, she is exhausted because there are so many things to do. There are plenty of options and choices. Everything they do is exceptional. They also have a lot of outside medical services like therapists, nurses, and social workers.

Shannon11 October 28, 2015

Sunrise was very social, cozy, and upscale. The rooms are nice and spacious. They have lots of activities, there’s a social hour, and they seemed really involved.

Caring112286550 August 31, 2015

We have placed dad at Sunrise at Cherry Creek. I think it has been really good for him. It’s clean and very personal, and they involve him in activities. They’ve taken good care of him.

Anonymous99718550 July 04, 2015

Generally, the staff is good at Sunrise at Cherry Creek. I think some of the aides need more training. The rooms and apartments are very good. The food is good, but the service is poor. I do not think they pay attention, and I do not think their staff is used to serving people. Security is very good.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

comom June 20, 2015

My husband was at Sunrise at Cherry Creek, and it was lovely. I am dealing with cancer, and I couldn't go see him everyday as I had then, and so I moved him closer to other relatives in Kansas. Had I not been ill, he would have stayed where he was. It was a lovely community. His room was perfect for him; it met all of his needs. The dining area was a lovely restaurant. It was very nice, and the food was very good. There were lots of choices, and it was just very nicely done. There were probably four activities a day -- lots of things going on, lots of social interactions, parties. They take them out to eat, so there was a lot going on.

Caring105631950 June 01, 2015

I like the cleanliness the most at Sunrise at Cherry Creek and the attitude of the people that are there. The people that are living there all seemed very happy. The staff seemed to be very organized and knowledgeable. The rooms have bathrooms. I would recommend the facility.

David106109450 May 03, 2015

The staff at Sunrise at Cherry Creek were nice and helpful, but it's hard to find parking down there. When we were there, they were just doing some exercises, and they were having a birthday party as well. Overall, the facility is good.

Caring104324250 April 17, 2015

We pick Sunrise for my mom because I feel like the design, and the settings are especially good, warm, and not institutional. The food is pretty good, but my mom thinks it is average because she's picky. They give you some choices, and we don't have any complaints about the food. Everybody is really pleasant. The rooms and the dining area are very nice. The grounds are pretty big, but they are well maintained. There are offers for her to go out of the facility to museums and things. There are opportunities for games, church services, and lectures.

Carey1 May 30, 2014

Sunrise of Cherry Creek is a great facility. They were all very friendly and very welcoming. They offered lots of information. The rooms were a great size, but it was just too far out of our budget. We were not able to see their activities, but they do have a list of activities. I liked the environment. It was a very welcoming atmosphere that would be pleasant to live in.

From Sunrise at Cherry Creek

Just minutes from the Cherry Creek Shopping Center, the Botanical Gardens, the Denver Zoo and downtown Denver, Colorado is the senior living community of Sunrise at Cherry Creek. Located in the heart of the Cherry Creek neighborhood in Denver, Colorado, Sunrise at Cherry Creek prides itself in its Reminiscence neighborhood for the memory-impaired as well as its assisted living programs.

Step into Sunrise at Cherry Creek and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

In addition to offering senior housing in Colorado, Sunrise at Cherry Creek also boasts Alzheimer's care, respite care, and short-term care.

Tenured staff providing individualized care for residents in an assisted living home-like setting with a secured memory area.

Features of Sunrise at Cherry Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: We staff according to the acuity of the individual resident
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2304OU