Brookdale Parkplace

111 Emerson St., Denver, CO, 80218

Reviews of Brookdale Parkplace

Ashleigh1 October 28, 2015

I like how homey Brookdale was. They were very interested in what we needed and how they could help us with those needs not only for myself and my fiancé, who is taking care of pretty much everything, but for my parents as well. They took really good care of us, made us feel at home, and made our needs their first priority. Once you walk in, there’s a nice, open entry, and there’s some storage closets. It really didn’t like seem like we were in a home or a community. It has a standard 1-bedroom, not a studio, so it kind of felt liek a house or apartment. It had a washer and dryer in the unit, which was very good for us, because my mother is not quite over-the-hill yet and still able do some small things, so that was good for her as well. The staff was all really great and very informative. If they don’t know an answer, they’ll find out and get back to you in a timely manner. They’re all very nice, easygoing, and they seem like a little family. We went to a lunch initially when we first went for the consultation, which was really nice because we got to see their food area. The food is really good and fresh. They had numerous activities inside and outside, and they provide the transportation.

Caring112286550 August 31, 2015

I really liked Brookdale Parkplace; it was beautiful. People there seemed very happy; they were well taken care of. I saw the memory care unit, and I was impressed with the way they took care of the residents; I thought the services that they offered were really good. I liked that it was a closed and locked unit for the memory care.

Caring109751550 July 14, 2015

Brookdale Parkplace is in a better location, but they charge twice as much. Every one I talked to or had any dealings with was positive. The rooms looked really great because they have a sliding glass door. I find it very comfortable living there.

Teachermom October 11, 2014

I visited Parkplace 2 years ago and then I was there last February. The tour was wonderful. The staff was professional, friendly, and kind. They answered all my questions. It’s a very defined, upscale, top notch, and very elegant facility. It’s very old. They’re starting to remodel and repaint many of the rooms. They’re working on brightening them up because they’re darker, smaller, and older rooms.

They invited me for dinner, and I stayed. A very pretty and large dining room with a beautiful ceiling. They have a nice, varied menu. You can order a la carte or from different parts of the menu. You could pick and choose what you want.

The reason I am thinking of going there is because they have an indoor, heated pool and water arthritis classes 6 days a week. They have a nice workout room with big windows. They have a nice, little library and you feel like you’re in a very elegant New York hotel when you walk into the lobby.

Renee Fuse September 07, 2014

To those folks who have not visited Parkplace recently, it appears that the owner, Brookdale, has decided that they do not want to be one of Denver's premier assisted living residence. The quality of food, the training of the staff and level of luxury have diminished. For example, entree have little sauces or seasoning and are bland and repititious; The staff is generally friendly but do not have training with helping a resident transferring safely; The elevator are stained and scratched up. The director appears to be tasked with saving pennies with every aspect of service. Room service is on paper plates and with plastic utensils and tissue-like napkins. The positive aspects include the friendliness of staff, the landscaping, the new lobby furniture, and of course the views.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what it is we do well, and what we need to focus on improving. We always appreciate comments from our customers so we can serve you better.

Jeff's Grandma September 19, 2013

My husband had Alzheimer's and he died four months ago. While looking for a place for him, I had a chance to visit Parkplace. That's a very nice place. If he would have to go to an assisted living facility, I probably would have put him there. It is not only clean but it is also elegant. The staff is accommodating and friendly. They have activities for their residents. I thought it is an excellent place. It is a kind of place that I would want to go if I have to go to a home like that. I recommend this place.

dan mckeev June 30, 2013

My parents have lived at ParkPlace for the past 3 years and the most constant complaint from them and others who live there is the food service. Last night it took my parents 2 hours to get their meal. I did not belive it and had dinner there tonight with them and it took a server 15 minutes to come to our table to give us water and take our drink orders. It was another 13 minutes before be got our drinks and once we did our order was taken. Another 19 minutes before we received our salads/soup. Our waters were never refilled in spite of the fact we asked for more water twice. I ended up getting the pitcher and filling our water and a few other tables while at it. Our dinners finally arrived 1 hour 10 minutes AFTER we placed our order - and one of the orders was completely wrong, but at that point we did not want to wait another hour to get the correct food. After receiving our dinners, we never saw our server again. When we asked for coffee, we were told that they would have to tell the person handling beverages - if this is the same person who handled our waters this means we will never get our coffee. All in all, the food service is HORRIBLE and I think it is unacceptable for them to think that because the residents are elderly that they might not care. This food service needs a bad overhaul.

My observation is that they have people assigned different jobs. There is a beverage person, an order taker, a server, a table busser. Why can't this place be run like a restaurant where the Server is in charge of a section of tables from thaking the order, making sure beverages are served, and getting the meal out in a timely basis. In general, after a salad is served the meal should be seved within 12 minutes of getting the salads out. I have spoken to the food services manager in the past about this and nothing has been done since our last talk a year ago.

This in my opinion is a huge structural problem with ParkPlace Denver

ABKID July 31, 2012

This assisted living was fantastic, all of the amenities and all of the staff were wonderful and my uncle enjoyed his visit. My uncle is a tough critic and was very hesitant about being put in a care facility so he was going into the facility with his guard up. By the time he left he was completely satisfied. Overall the staff were great and gave my uncle regular visits and made him feel more at ease and less lonely. The food was very good and my uncle enjoyed the pot roast and the shrimp. The gym was large and spacious and there were a couple physical therapists for the seniors. Overall this was a fantastic facility that I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great care facility that won't break the bank or cost a large sum of money. One final note is that the rooms were very spacious and all featured a large flat screen television set. The bathrooms were also very large and spacious.

Dana55 September 10, 2011

My mother was very resistant to enter an assisted living residence. She felt that her mobility would be further limited, and that entering such a facility was the same as giving up her freedom. The staff at Park Place was very understanding and were willing to come up with a plan that met her needs. Park Place maintains a social calender, and makes every effort to ensure that all residents have the opportunity to participate in many activities both on the campus and off. My mom was also resistant to meeting people in planed, structured groups, and insisted that the only other people living in an assisted living facility were invalads. Staff members worked hard to introduce my mom to more unstructured social environments, such as the cafe and shared living ares. My mom is very proud of her independance, and staff members have done very much to ensure that she does not lose that. My mom is not always the easiest client to work withand often times creates problems, complains loudly and bitterly, and insists things are done her way. Staff members have never been rude to her, and have gone out of their way to provide little comforts, such as blankets and snacks. My mom has commented that it feels more like a hotel then an appartment. Visiting my mother at the facility I am always impressed that the complex is always neat and tidy, and does not smell like a hospital as so many of the places we visited do. Also, the food served far exceeds our expectations.

From Brookdale Parkplace

Brookdale Parkplace provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Parkplace can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Brookdale Parkplace is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale Parkplace

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Minimum age: 62

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2304A2