Brookdale Roslyn

2500 South Roslyn Street, Denver, CO, 80231

Reviews of Brookdale Roslyn

Marie46 July 06, 2015

Brookdale Roslyn is a nice facility. The staff was very knowledgeable in their field, and they're very polite and inviting. If I was looking for a place, I would definitely use them. When I went there, the people were dining. The food smelled good. The rooms were very clean, and they kind of remind me of being like in a hotel. I thought that was really good. The price was reasonable.

Anonymous104904850 May 06, 2015

I thought Brookdale was a great place, and they had good grounds. The people that took me around really gave me time to roam through and watch things. I appreciated that and popped in at different times of the day. I liked that when mother will move, she can use her deposit at another Brookdale facility. The people were great. The sales people were great and gave me a lot of information. I was ready to place my mother there.

Larryletofsky February 14, 2015

I pre-paid $5,000 for the month. My mom passed away on the 4th. They would not reimburse the pro-rata share so I could help pay for her funeral. I call the accounting department at least 10 times with no return call. I call Brookdale headquarters and left at least 10 messages without a return call. We will have to sue them to get my money back. This is for the Denver facility. I would pick no stars but that is not available.

Larry Letofsky

Caring90436850 December 30, 2014

My mother is in Brookdale Roslyn. She's been there quite a while, and all have been helpful. They take very good care of her. The food is fine. I will recommend it to others. The sanitation is good.

Caring4855 September 23, 2014

We thought we found another one, but it didn’t work out. It just so happened I was talking to my dad and he was driving through the highway and he was at the right at the exit of Emeritus at Roslyn. He went ahead and stopped, and that’s the one that worked out for us. It’s not just for my dad. He’s in there as companion for my mom, who’s under hospice care. He liked it, and he likes the care my mom is getting. It worked out really well for him. They do all kinds of things. There’s bingo, and, in fact, he was telling me yesterday they had flower arrangement. Two of the old guys in the flower arrangement came up and gave flowers to my mom. It made my dad feel really good. Food was very good too. However, the paperwork and financial side has kind of been confusing. I was there last week and it was still kind of confusing.

Lovelylady00987456 September 13, 2014

Emeritus accepted the medical coverage we needed. The place was clean and the care was good. They have very nice rooms. I have eaten with her and the food was good, but not every meal is wonderful.

P. Comello July 24, 2014

This facility was my 90 year-old mother's favorite place we visited out of 3 others visited in the Southeast Denver area. She liked it because of it's size, the service and attention provided to its residents, and the fact that they have nurses on staff. She loved the atmosphere, food, and cleanliness.

Carey1 May 30, 2014

We visited Emeritus at Roslyn. The facility was great, and the staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. We found them very helpful and caring. The atmosphere was nice. We met with the wellness director, who was very knowledgeable. The rooms were great, and they had lots of activities to offer.

Caring80575350 April 05, 2014

I had a good visit at Emeritus. The guide that help me tour the facility was very informative. When I was there, they were getting ready for Christmas and they were in a good mood and happy. I felt good about them. It was an older facility and the rooms were very quaint and I didn’t like it.

Caring82065750 December 31, 2013

I've already made a decision to my husband into Emeritus at Roslyn. He is moving in the 1st. I really like that facility. It is not large and it is warm. The people are very helpful and very cooperative. As soon as I walked in there, of all the places I looked at, I knew that was the place for my husband. He is going into their memory care unit.

Carolyn29 December 23, 2013

Emeritus at Roslyn was a really nice place. I was surprised when I visited it because I kind of thought that the skilled living part was going to be like a nursing home with the smell and stuff; however, this one was clean and fresh. It was also furnished and really homey. I was really surprised with it! They're really good. The staff was all friendly and they all pitched in and helped out. I also saw a couple of their residents and they appeared to be pretty happy there.

Caring8754 August 27, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Roslyn for my parents. It is not that old of a building but it is nice. It is also nice from the outside. They have like pillars and vestibule. They were doing improvement to the place when I went to visit it and that was nice. However, I didn't care for this place. I just didn't get that homey feeling during my visit. It was more businesslike. Some people may like that kind of personal contact for their parents, but I didn't like that especially with regards to my dad's dementia. They seem okay but I just didn't care for that kind of atmosphere. My mother is a diabetic and she has a walker, so I wanted Emeritus to be able to have a little more personal contact with my parents.

Poky July 24, 2013

Emeritus is beautiful and really a nice place but they don't take Medicaid.

caring0917 May 31, 2013

Emeritus at Roslyn is a very nice and affordable place. It's only 10 minutes away from home. I moved in just this month while my husband moved in last March. The staff are marvelous and the food is very good. They also have activities like day trips.

Caring303 1 September 22, 2012

Emeritus seem very nice and very, very small. They were very nice people, the director and the admissions. No complaints about them at all. I checked the size of the units. Some of them are big and some of them are relatively small.

ResidentPOA November 30, 2011

Having the nursing staff communicate with resident's family is like pulling teeth - very difficult. They should be asking for approvals for meds (like shots) from POA when resident confused.

From Brookdale Roslyn

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Roslyn

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Skilled nursing

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 9 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing certifications
  • State License(s): 2304X1

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Roslyn