Brookdale Highline

1640 South Quebec Way, Denver, CO, 80231

Reviews of Brookdale Highline

Bonnie22 September 23, 2013

When I walked into Emeritus at Highline during my visit, I had to go through a small foyer to get to the main building. Then, there was an easel set up with a printed sign: Welcome to Bonnie. I was impressed with that. When, I walked into the main building, I felt I was at home. It was the most friendly, homelike attitude I got from everybody that I didn't get from any other place that I toured. It was an amazing place. I liked the ambience and the set up. I liked everything about it. However, they didn't have a one-bedroom unit then. So, I just gave a deposit and I got into their waiting list. Then, one day a staff showed up at the door with a large insolated canvass bag with three or four bottles of water, two big bottles of Gatorade and some yogurt. She said they do it for seniors during hot weather. It amazed me that I hadn't move in then yet, but they considered me a part of their community. I am willing to move in to one of their studios in the meantime and have some of my things placed in storage until they have a one-bedroom apartment available just for me to be able to get in there.

Poky July 24, 2013

Emeritus is really very nice and they take Medicaid. One thing I wasn't pleased with, is their floor plan of the hallways for those with Alzheimer's, it looked confusing. There were so many corners and so many turns to make that I wasn't really excited about that.

Jannelle June 07, 2013

My brother-in-law stayed at Emeritus for a couple of months. He's a stroke victim and he had a hard time with communication, the staff were not patient enough with him. I think they should improve on being more patient and kind.

caring0234 April 30, 2013

My son was accepted into Emeritus at Highline. The staff is exceptionally friendly and informative. I really like that they are very good with people. They're like one big family. The facility is very clean and is convenient for me to get to. It's a good place for my son because there are some younger people there, some are in their 50s. He also likes the food. The dining room is set up well and it seems like everyone enjoys the food, including my son. They have an excellent chef. I've also tasted the food too and it's very good. It was a hard decision for both of us for him to move out of the comforts his home, but it was an easy transition because he is thriving due to the care and concern of the staff at Emeritus.

JasonRowdy89 September 19, 2012

I need to start by saying that this was not one of favorite locations prior to visiting the facility. We had done a lot of research online prior to visiting some places for potential fits for my parents. We kept this option on our list, primarily because of location. However, once we got to visit, our opinions changed as we were thoroughly impressed with the staff and the folks that we met with. Of all the locations that we visited, they had the most professional leadership group. Their programs were very well defined and they had very good answers to all of the questions that we had for them. They have very strong policies in place for the multitude of different adverse scenarios that can occur. As far as the physical location is concerned, we would probably rate it just above average. Everything was well laid out and clean, but there wasn't anything extraordinary compared to some of the other high class facilities we've been to.

AssistedLife August 28, 2012

It was a well prepared and clean environment overall peaceful place for old folks to get treated at. They had an organized schedule, tolerant workers and good care. The senior citizens were all very kind, obviously some had their troubles with illness such as Alzheimer's, but the workers were on top of their job and did what they had to do. The first thing i noticed was that there weren't many senior citizens but i suppose that is a good thing while having to pay attention to a group of people. The facility itself wasn't a big facility but it was very well distributed. I would say it wasn't a relatively expensive place but it was rather nice. The lady that I got to visit and help out with certainly seemed content with everything around her, she new her nurses and the relationship was friendly. So that is a basic sum of what I thought of the place.

Caring356 June 05, 2012

I visited Apple Ridge and I found the place to be really nice. The facility is great! They are actually one of the best independent retirement and assisted living communities in Denver, Colorado! I am definitely considering this place for my Mom. The staff and the people in Apple Ridge are really nice & friendly. It will be a great place for her to stay.

Earthdaylover May 18, 2012

It seemed nice and well kept up. The residents seemed interested in being involved in activities and each other. They had a happy hour going on when I arrived. There was a small bar with a variety of beverage choices. There were approximately 20-25 people participating and it seemed low key and enjoyable. I talked to the activities director and she was pleasant and involved. She seemed to work well with older people.

nursinghome24 March 14, 2012

This facility was pretty nice. I give it 4 stars. I visited my friends grandfather here and he seemed to be well taken care of and was doing well. The staff was very nice. I chatted with a young woman who worked there and she told me how she really cared about here job and felt connected to the elderly people who lived there. All in all its a pretty good place. The place was pretty nice and I thought that the food wasn't too bad. The old man I chatted with whilst playing chess seemed to be happy there and he had even met some new friends at his time there.

Ruthss July 21, 2011

This facility is very accessible. Located on South Quebec Way, visitors have no problems getting in and out and finding parking. It's also close to restaurants and other amenities.

It's really pretty on the outside"”very modern, with a picket fence and clean look that also extends to the inside. There are outside tables with canopy covers over picnic tables, where people tend to congregate.

The entire facility, both inside and out, is very clean, and the food is good to great.

Both one-bedroom and two bedroom units are available; all the rooms are spacious, and residents can provide their own furnishings.

There is capacity for 60 residents. The nursing staff does the assessments"”and the ratio is three residents per one caregiver; there are two nurses per 24-hour shift. Doctors visit residents a couple times a week, based on need. Memory care is also available.

The staff learns residents' names quickly and makes them feel at home, providing a welcoming and caring feeling.

The facility provides fitting activities to engage residents, and also has a bus to transport them to appointments and offsite outings.

The cost, depending on type of housing and care needed, ranges from $2,800 to $4,300 monthly, which includes three meals daily.

Apple Ridge may be the best fit for those who are fairly independent, but cannot live alone.

-This reviewer, Ruth Hillesheim, is a social worker with extensive nursing home experience, with an emphasis on Alzheimer's and dementia care.

anonymous44 June 29, 2011

This facility is very beautiful. The bedrooms are spacious and give the residents a lot of room to maneuver around. The facility can house around sixty residents, which is large, but definitely contains plenty of possible new friends. I know a resident who moved here and made a whole parcel of friends her first week, friends not just limited to the staff, but the residents as well. As a widow, she'd never done very well alone, but once she went into assisted living, she got the attention she needed which her family couldn't give her anymore and she made a lot of new friends which help to keep her busy. The staff have been great to her and to the other residents as well. This is a great facility.

From Brookdale Highline

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Highline