Carriage House Assisted Living | Denton, TX

1357 Bernard Street, Denton, TX, 76201

Reviews of Carriage House Assisted Living | Denton, TX

patricia308 May 07, 2014

I have been here for 1 year. I like that I have privacy. it's quite. I've made lots of friends with residents, and the ladies working here are wonderful.

mabago October 16, 2012

They are not equipped to handle patients with later stages of dementia, or to even recognize behavior associated with dementia. My mother died weeks after her admission.

tarnishedtiara October 01, 2012

We were extremely pleased by the appearance of the facility. It is important for us to make sure that my grandmother still has some independence, but also gets the assistance that she needs with cooking and cleaning and also having medical help just a moment's notice away. Even being in the same town it would take me over fifteen minutes to make it her, and that is not an option any longer. The facility itself looks more like a home than an assisted living facility, with beautiful columns out front. The rooms were spacious and quite private, with a small kitchenette, living room and bedroom, although studio apartments were also available. Pets are also allowed, which is important to my grandmother as she has a ten year old cat who she loves like a baby. What really impressed us however were the services such as the in-house beauty salon and library area. The staff was not only warm and welcoming but extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The rates were quite competitive and I think this is going to be Gran's new home.

From Carriage House Assisted Living

Prior to the development of assisted living communities, older adults had limited choices of where to live when their abilities became less than 100%. Many older adults that simply needed assistance with cooking and meals ended up moving into the medical environment to provide the simple assistance with daily life. Residents found themselves paying for many of the medical services found in skilled nursing homes that they did not need. Unlike a skilled nursing facility, the Carriage House Assisted Living is like living in your own home, yet residents enjoy the security of knowing that the staff is there for them 24 hours a day if needed. The service packages of the Carriage House are designed to meet the individuals needs of the resident without charging for services that are not needed or wanted.

Our residents' personal safety is one of our main concerns. Residents can rest peacefully knowing that a 24 hour staff is available seven days a week. Emergency response systems are installed in each apartment as well as smoke and heat alarms. Daily monitoring of residents is included in basic services, and individual monitoring throughout the night may be arranged.

The Carriage House Assisted Living of Denton is nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood located just a few blocks from Interstate 35 and only 45 minutes from Dallas and Fort Worth. Easy access to Denton’s shopping and areas of interest provides our residents the luxury of the city while living in a peaceful local neighborhood. This location also allows short travel to both hospital and medical facilities. Our residents enjoy private apartment living and the freedom to make their own decisions. Additionally we offer personalized assistance and care allowing our residents the opportunity to enjoy an independent lifestyle.

Features of Carriage House Assisted Living

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• We charge an entry fee

• 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• Staff patient ratio: 12 to 1
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 030109