Sonata Delray Beach

8020 West Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach, FL, 33446

Reviews of Sonata Delray Beach

neverquit August 13, 2013

My mother was a resident of Homewood at Delray Beach for 6 months, she was in the Clarebridge building. My mother had a special condition which required more care than the aides were willing to supply. 3 days after my mother moved in, I was told that we either were to get her a 24/hour private aide, or my mother would have to leave. Although it was very, very costly, we hired two12 hour aides. As my mother settled in we cut back on the aides and most of the time we had an early morning private CNA (from 7am to 11am) and another private CNA aide from 11am-11pm. The night crew was check on residents every 2 hours. This did not happen, in fact, the night crew spent most of their time watching TV or talking to one another. One night (during the 8 hours my mother was soley in the care of the Homewood staff), she attempted to get out of bed to use the bathroom. She fell and broke her pelvis and was found early in the morning on the floor, sitting in her own feces, until our private aide came on duty. I had great expectations for this facility, they have furnished it very comfortably and keep it quite clean -- they also keep the resident's room quite clean. Our private aide could not depend on the Homewood aides to assist her in anyway, and had to monitor what foods she was given due to her restricted diet. Even when I carefully completed the diet form, food servers often did not refer to it. The head chef was very good about provided bland chicken or fish for my mother at both lunch and dinner. However, the servers often gave these prepared foods to other residents, unless our aide was there to monitor and correct what was served to my mother. After my mother's fall, she quickly went downhill. She first was in hospital and then moved to a rehab facility where she passed away. I am no completely slamming the place, so many of the staff were compassionate and had good intentions, but I made sure that I was a daily ( or 2x per day) visitor in addition to our aides. When you place a loved one in this facility you must be vigilant and oversee their care completely, despite the "story" you get from the executive staff. I might also add that the nurses were lovely both to me and to my mother and took great care with her many medications -- and assisted the staff aide on duty with the dispensing of her meds. Homewood did make the monitoring of meds (when she was out & Rx were needed), easy by using their pharmacy service. They also (always for a fee) ordered diapers for my mother and were quick to supply them when she was out. A lot of good -- some bad. I've experienced a lot worse facilities with a lot worse staff, so for the most part I was satisfied, except for the night crew who I hold responsible for being negligent thus resulting in my mother's injury which led to her death.

Lorrie1 August 01, 2013

When they put my husband in the memory care facility in Homewood, which they called the Claire bridge, it was very good. That area was very well taken care of and the people there were really good. But when he was at the assisted living in Homewood of Delray Beach, I took my husband out of there because he was not happy there. I would not suggest that to anybody. It was so poorly taken care of. I thought they don't have enough aid for the number of people that were there. There never was anybody around. They had very poor care.

caring11073 July 24, 2013

I'm very satisfied with Homewood compared to the other joint my wife was in. There are a lot of activities going on, they have entertainment, they have participation, they throw the ball around, they have bingo and they're constantly doing something. They dish you what they say they'll give you.

choclab88 May 18, 2012

My best friend's mom was there during her last two months of life. She was a very close family friend and I called her my aunt. I have never seen such great care. They were so gentle with her, very patient and truly acted like she was their own aunt or grandma. I saw in her eyes how happy she was. She didn't know me or her daughter or son at the end but we always talked about how she just had that look that she was happy. It may not make sense to people but we saw it. I never had a negative experience while visiting there. Everything from even the cleanliness to the food was excellent. When she passed away, they brought in the hospice nurse for her and even the nurse (who worked for them) was the most gracious lady I have ever met. I know it was not an act, they didn't change after we left and they were genuine. Since my aunt (my best friends mom) passed, we have told several families about Homewood. I have had two close friends send their mother and father there and they are still living there and the family is extremely happy and blessed.

commercesd April 03, 2012

The Homewood at Delray Beach assisted living facility looked really well-kept from the outside, with beautiful landscaping and places to sit.

The main foyer had a lovely receiving area. The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here.

They host parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. Events and outings scheduled include visits to restaurants, art museums, the library, nature walks, local films and crafts, fine and casual dining, theater and local fairs and festivals.

The living suites were all beautifully decorated. We could see that my friend's mother would be comfortable in any one of them.

My friend's mother enjoys using gym equipment, so we liked that the exercise room was large and had a variety of options to choose from.

The dining areas included intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like - and the chefs can also prepare dishes received from residents. The food choices all looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered regularly and when requested.

This was a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, with caring and friendly staff.

About Sonata Delray Beach

Sonata Delray Beach is an assisted living facility in Delray Beach, FL that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sonata Delray Beach for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Sonata Delray Beach