Grand Villa of DeLand

350 E. International Speedway Blvd., Deland, FL, 32724

Reviews of Grand Villa of DeLand

Robbie44 July 12, 2016

I could write a novel about our experience with Grand Villa Deland Memory Care, but I’ll try to be short and to the point. My advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY. The employees who care for the patients are, for the most part, sincere, kind, and caring. However, the facility is extremely under staffed for even mediocre care. Our mother had fallen several times and was sent to the local ER with no reported reason. She acquired many cuts and skin tears that each required several weeks of home healthcare assistance (as well as several contusions). My mother received no assistance with eating meals. There is an extreme lack of communication between staff members, as well as, staff and family. Several times we would visit and could not find one staff member on the floor… and counted more than twenty patients without supervision – scary! The list could go on and on. To move mom would be traumatic and exhausting for her, but after meeting with three different Executive Directors with no resolution, we decided to do so. Our mother is now cared for at a wonderful placed with plenty of care… she is now eating well, her wounds are healing, and everything is so much better! Here are some thoughts if Grand Villa Deland Memory Care is on your list as an option for your loved one: Anyone can visit at anytime… show up unexpectedly (early, late, meal times, etc.) and observe the ratio of caregivers to residents. Look for recent injuries that patients may have. Spend some time there and see if patients are sitting alone for long periods of time with no interaction. Elevators are locked, so ask staff to allow you to go upstairs then see how many patients are wandering the halls with absolutely no supervision. Ask about the qualification of the caregivers and the turn-over rate. Inquire about the protocol for medical advice and emergencies… we understood there is an RN on staff; even with my mother’s injuries we never met the nurse. Unfortunately, we did not have an opportunity to evaluate the care prior to mom moving-in… the facility was brand new and the promises were many. We stayed for 3 months hoping for improvement, but it never happened. I cannot stress enough, my advice is DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE IN THE GRAND VILLA MEMORY CARE FACILITY. I wish you the best with locating a good home for your loved one.

I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience. The entire team at Grand Villa of DeLand take great pride in the programs and services we provide to our residents, families and employees. It sounds that we have let you down in this area. We strive to always improve and meet the needs of all those we serve. We encourage visits to our community at different times to see and experience the life, fun and rewards of our memory care residents For that is the very reason we have open visiting hours. We are always looking for ways to create positive life-enhancing experience for our residents. My door is open to listen and learn. Should you so desire I may be reached at 386-738-5200 or through email at Ed.dla@grandvillasenior.net. Respectfully Susanne Stafford.

Alice723647 June 21, 2016

Grand Villa of Deland is a new, very clean, very nice, and cheery place. It has nice people and activities. They have a movie theater, a pool, a dining area, and a little beauty salon. It is just very nice. They have places to go and therapy. I had the food, and it was very good. Everybody was very friendly, very caring, and helpful. When you walked in, it was nice, bright, and cheery. I just liked it. I went to many places, and that was the best one.

Mark430526 June 10, 2016

Grand Villa of DeLand is a very new facility and a little short of experienced help, but they made up for it with the people in the key positions. The nursing staff was a little overworked, but they went out of their way to make sure the individual is doing well. This is where my father ended up going. My father has gotten sick and wound up in the hospital; however, the director of nursing herself has gone out of her way to check up on him personally, visiting him, and calling me and inquiring about his well-being. That happens when you have a good heart, not because you're being paid, and I am very impressed with that. They have a movie theater, water aerobics, somebody always playing cards and chess, and some of these old folks are even on computers, which I couldn’t believe. There's always something going on. The facility was a former 5-star hotel which they converted into assisted living, so there's wide open space, and lots of rooms where you can sit down on a nice couch and watch TV. If it's all girls there, you go to the other end of the building, and there's the guys watching the baseball game.

BethBJPUF May 11, 2016

I visited Grand Villa for a friend's mother. It was brand new, big, and did not have many people moved in yet even though people had started taking rooms, so I didn't get to see an interaction between the people that would be moving in there and the ones that worked there. They were very polite to everybody that came in. The facilities were beautiful and had special stations for people who like to work with tools could go, like a workshop place and different things to keep the mind active. They have different rooms, a room with a fireplace, and a TV, and an outdoor space with a very high fence. It was so large that it seems to me that somebody could go off in one of these rooms and sit there all day by themselves, and unless no one takes the time to go and find them, they could just be sitting there all day. It's an absolutely beautiful place, and my relative would have been on the second floor. She would have to go down on an elevator, but she couldn't do that herself; someone had to get her because you have to have a special swipe card to make the elevator work, so she would be stuck up on the second floor which is just rooms. It's not ideal. You have to count on the people working there so much because they would bring them all down in the morning and keep them downstairs so they could interact, and I just don't know how happy she would be doing that because she likes doing her own thing. It would have been difficult for her to be herself and do what she wanted. She would have to depend on the staff.

RebeccaJJIZX May 11, 2016

Grand Villa of Deland was absolutely a beautiful facility. I only toured it. It would be a great place to house somebody, but I was hoping that my husband’s situation was temporary.

From Grand Villa of DeLand

At Grand Villa of DeLand, exceptional care in a home-like setting is standard.

The Assisted Living and Personal Care services at our community are provided for an all-inclusive monthly rate. Residents only pay for the services they need and use. This makes full-time residency in our community an affordable alternative to home care. Residents eliminate expenses such as homeowners insurance, yard care, and utility bills, while gaining an active and engaging lifestyle.

Residents live in comfortable apartments with friends just steps away, and enjoy activities and events. Our Activities Coordinator makes sure there is something engaging for everyone. Whether relaxing in your cozy studio, meeting friends for coffee by the pool, or practicing your short game on the putting green, we offer many choices.

In addition, residents receive complimentary transportation to and from medical appointments, shopping, banking, and other errands. Third-party care providers such as podiatrist, dentists, and optometrists visit our community regularly.

Here are several key considerations when considering Grand Villa for Memory Care…. · Delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style · Spacious studio apartments with today’s technology including motion in-room motion detectors that

Features of Grand Villa of DeLand

• Pool
  • Features Extra Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Technology Extra Emergency Call System

• Pharma

• Activities Extra Here Are Several Key Considerations When Considering Grand Villa For Memory Care…. · Delicious And Nutritious Chef Prepared Meals Served Restaurant Style · Spacious Studio Apartments With Today’S Technology Including Motion In Room Motion Detectors That Alert Staff And Turn On Lighting · Laser Beam Accent Light Triggered By Motion Detection · The Dakim® Brain Fitness Computer System – Developed By Ucla To Assist Our Residents In Development · Life Skilled Stations · Activity Rooms, Cinema, Country Store, Beauty Salon/Barber Shop · A Family Support Group For Caregivers · Physical Therapy And Home Health Services Available On Site · A Dynamic Social And Recreational Calendar That Includes Excursions And A Variety Of Field Trips · A Beautiful Outdoor Secured Patio, Water Feature And Putting Green

• Home Sale Assistance