Brookdale Deer Creek

2403 W. Hillsboro Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL, 33442

Reviews of Brookdale Deer Creek

Jeff41 July 21, 2015

Brookdale Deer Creek was very reasonably priced. It was a very competent place. Maybe not as fancy as the second place I visited, but the price was much less expensive, and it was nicer than where my sister in law was. The staff seemed very competent and nice. The food looked good, and their set-up was good. They had the normal activities. They had various organized games, church services, and outings, and they provided a van to take them places if they wanted to go somewhere.

Debbie100861350 June 30, 2015

We visited Emeritus (Brookdale Deer Creek). It was fair. I was not really impressed actually. However, the staff was very nice. They were very friendly and very helpful. I did see their rooms. They were very nice. The bedrooms were fine. What I did not like about this facility is that the dining room was upstairs. All the residents would have to take an elevator to get to the dining room. However, when we got on the elevator, it blacked out. As a whole, the facility was okay but I didn't feel that's the right place for my father.

Caring106919750 June 04, 2015

Brookdale is a nice place and within my budget. So far, it works out very well with my mother. They have some live performances, and that is the activity, which I have a chance to witness. The dining area is very nice. They have a menu, and the food is good. They let you sample the food. They are very accommodating, and they are private pay.

Caring107530250 May 24, 2015

I visited Brookdale Deer Creek. The staff was very accommodating. They gave me a tour of the facility. The apartments were very nice and spacious. The dining area was also very nice. It was restaurant style, and they had an extensive menu. They had card games and lectures. I thought it looked secure.

It was a very nice facility. I thought that somebody would enjoy living there, and I would recommend it to others.

Caring105487950 April 21, 2015

Brookdale Deer Creek was quite large, so there was not a lot of outdoor space, but it was clean. The person who met me was very nice. I only saw a few residents, but I didn't see a whole lot of interaction amongst them. It felt like a nursing home to me, and I don't like that feeling whatsoever. I walked into two different apartments: one with somebody already living in them and an empty efficiency. They were OK. There wasn't anything special. The person who assisted me showed me the calendar of activities. She was busy with another family when I got there, so I waited. I don't think she knew I was coming or something. I did make an appointment. I didn't make it directly. The lady has called me several times from there; she was very nice. She called me several times to see if there's anything she could do to help me, but I just feel that was not the place for my mom.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Deer Creek did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

Caring108256950 March 25, 2015

Brookdale Deer Creek had a memory care unit, and she transferred from one Brookdale community to another. Everything seems to be good. The staff seems good, and the place seems clean and up-to-date. My mother is in the memory care unit so they do puzzles, watch TV, listen to music, and watch movies.

Caring103432150 March 20, 2015

I went to Emeritus, and my experience was fine. They were very nice, but I didn't get sense from the residents if they were happy, and there was something lacking. The staff was very nice and very helpful. The rooms were adequate. They were not fancy, but they were fine. They had games and things like that, but it didn't seem that they had really high grade professional performers coming in on a daily basis. It seemed clean, but I would be honest; there were areas that smelled a little bit like urine, which I did not like. I thought they needed to provide more live entertainment for the residents -- more activities to make their residents happy and constantly entertained.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. From fitness and education programs to cultural and social events, there is something for everyone! We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

Caring101423450 January 29, 2015

My father liked Brookdale Deer Creek the best. It was a little bigger, and it seemed to have more men there from his point of view. My parents are very comfortable there although they are still going to a little bit of transition moving out of their home. I know they have bingo and hair and nails for my mom. They really like the dining convenience.

Caring101507750 January 24, 2015

My friend is at Brookdale at Deer Creek. My first impression of it was that it just had a good feel about it. It wasn't a huge open space. The lobby was more like a small hotel lobby, but it was very nicely done. There were marble floors and a casual sitting area. I like the staff very much. Security was good. It's a friendly place. In some of the other places we went to, there were people sitting around in wheelchairs who didn't even look at each other or talk to each other. However, I felt like Brookdale is a community where people talk to each other and know each other. It's the community feel in there.

Caring101075650 January 06, 2015

Emeritus at Deer Creek was lovely. My mother-in-law was there for one week, and then she passed away. They were very good. They got a room for her, and the people were very kind there. It’s a very beautiful facility.

LovelyLady21 November 29, 2014

I stayed at Emeritus for a couple of days. It was pretty good for a small facility. It looks like a hotel. It had 5 bedrooms and could hold about 15 or 16 people. The rooms could have been better. They worked hard and were able to care for the people that were there on a one-on-one basis. They were there 24/7 if anybody needed them.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our community. Your feedback is always considered and appreciated!

saasha September 18, 2014

I visited this place and it was wonderful. The staff were so sweet to everyone who entered. I met the manager of the facility and he couldn't not have been any nicer to me. I even enjoyed while speaking with him, as residents walked past us, each and every one of them said hello to the Manager, and his response was lovely. Highly recommend! Nice and Clean too!

Caring85831550 June 30, 2014

I chose Emeritus at Deer Creek for my mother because they seem to have more activities there. She is in the independent living. This allows her the freedom to walk around and do whatever she wants to do without being in an apartment. At two of the other places we went to, she would have to have her own apartment and her own furnishing; here, we didn't have to do any of that. Her room is pretty big. She has a bedroom and a sitting room with a TV. The staff is very nice. They treat my mother with respect, and they are very friendly. They seem to be very caring. They have institutional food, but when I visited the other places, it was exactly the same. My mother is 90 and never really eats a lot, and she says the food is not the best, but that may just be because she is 92. They should improve the food and have more stimulating activities for the residents who are able to do them. However, I am happy that my mom is settled, and she seems to be happy.

Caring85600750 May 20, 2014

I didn’t like Emeritus at Deer Creek because the independent and the assisted living are all in the same building, but this is a very nice place. The person who showed me around was actually from another Emeritus facility, but she came and showed me this facility, and she was very nice. When I sat there waiting to be shown around, almost everybody I saw had an aide taking care of them. They have a little dining room for people who could not just make it to the regular dining room. They don’t have a swimming pool or a gym, and I wanted those two to be present in a facility that I want to be in. I would not recommend this facility for independent living.

caring78077350 January 28, 2014

Emeritus was larger and a little bit more institutional but it was very nice. They did have a two-bedroom apartment which was what I was looking for. The room sizes configuration were sort of strange but they were neat and well kept. They had three floors of apartment so I looked at several of them. I liked the dining room, it was large and very sunny. It was continuous with the living room and the library, so it gave a feeling of real, open spaciousness. The food smells wonderful but I didn’t taste it. I heard a lot of good comments from the residents.

Charly2 January 07, 2014

My family member was very unhappy at this unit. Had a large amount of personal belongings stolen over a period of time. Nothing was done about this, no investigation or report to the police. Rooms are unlocked so there is easy access to residents' rooms. Management was not helpful when problems arose regarding care. Would not recommend this unit.

Caring75238550 December 30, 2013

We did check out Emeritus at Deer Creek, but we didn’t like the layout at all. They have these long corridors and they have little rooms. It's kind of cold plus it's so far away from us. They have these recreational rooms, but they were very tiny that it looks like a closet and they didn’t have anything in them.

susan edwards December 28, 2013

I am a Certified Senior Advisor and provide services to seniors. A particular senior required respite at that time. His family is all up north so I am the liaison with the family and his services. I had the family agree to place him at this Emeritus. This was in 2011. The previous administration demonstrated such friction between everyone that I had second thoughts. However, this fit my seniors situation at that time. Eventually he moved in & still remains there. I also brought in another senior. Finally when the administration changed and Larry Mankoff & Phil Lord came on - the change was wonderful! They are a good team and you can FEEL the difference when you enter. Especially if you are greeted by Sylvia Bent. The are steering the place in the right direction. I am so pleased to relay that to his family. In my opinion, they are really making some much needed attention to this facility.

Caring76633150 December 28, 2013

The one that I used for my mom was Emeritus Deerfield Beach. It's a very nice facility and very well decorated. My mother had her own room and it’s a large room. It was close to the elevator which suited her very well. It just took forever for her to get to the dining room because it was a huge facility. I just hope they have better response time with regards to their staff, but I would understand because it’s a huge facility. The staff were very helpful and congenial.

fmkk December 27, 2013

The food is awful, the help is so so, hard to get changes made.

happy at Emeritus @ Deercreek November 12, 2013

Since the new manager has taken over it has been amazing! Great staff,fabulous food and happy smiles!!! Loving it now!!!

Caring63501450 October 28, 2013

My friend went to Emeritus. She is doing very well there. The facility is very nice. The staff is excellent. They're very organized. The residents are very nice and clean. Their food is very good.

caring0920132 October 18, 2013

The Emeritus at Deer Creek was a wonderful place. We toured that place and the staff was very accommodating. I took the opportunity to talk to some of the residents while I had the time and they were very pleased with the place.

Joanne15 October 09, 2013

The residents in Emeritus seemed very happy. I liked that they had independent living unit. However, it was too far and it was too big for my mom.

Thomas16 September 20, 2013

What stood out the most in Emeritus at Deer Creek is the staff. They're very friendly and pleasant to deal with. They're very involved with their clients. My mom has been there for two months now and we're very happy with it. Food is great. Overall it is a nice facility. I have recommended it to others as a matter of fact.

Donna32 September 20, 2013

There is a very warm atmosphere in Emeritus at Deer Creek. As you walk into the lobby, there are people that greet you and they're very nice and very friendly people. They showed me the activities they have. They have bingo, exercises, arts, music, movies, etc. The activity room is pretty much the same as with the other facilities I've visited. We had lunch there and the food was very good. I also like this facility because it is not super huge and it is very clean. The woman in sales that I've talked to even offered my mom to stay there for two weeks and try it out. I thought that was really good. This place is something that I would seriously consider. It is a very nice community.

Gina5 August 10, 2013

Emeritus was very nice. It looked like a hotel. The people that were there seemed to be more self-sufficient and my mother would not fit there. The staff showed me around and they were nice and friendly.

Jack11 May 28, 2013

A young girl showed me around Emeritus at Deer Creek. She was young but she was good. It was a very nice and large place. It had assisted living, independent living and retirement center.

Ed4 March 27, 2013

I went on a tour of Emeritus at Deer Creek. There was a young girl who took me around and showed me everything. She was great and very helpful. It's really nice inside. They have a separate wing for Alzheimer's. But it's hard, because everybody I saw in there was 70 or 80 years old, and my wife is only 52 and has Alzheimer's. It's hard to comprehend that she belongs there, but I love the place. Everything looked fine, but I just can't afford it. It costs over $5,000 a month.

jimmycrakcorn123 November 20, 2012

I thought this facility was adequate. The rooms were of decent size and had all the basic amenities one would expect from a facility such as this. The staff was generally all kind, and acted as though they genuinely cared about the patients and the residents of the assisted living facility. However, there were a few nurses and rehab specialists who had little to no patience in dealing with elderly patients, and it was quite obvious she didn't care much about the people she was working with. The grounds were nice, and provide a good view of the man made canal next door. The food was not so good, but I guess that is to be expected in an assisted living facility. Overall, my grandpa tolerated his stay here; he didn't have anything bad to say, but then again he didn't have anything good to say either. I was mildly satisfied and would give a 3 out of 5 stars.

caring11073 November 16, 2012

The staff is friendly at Emeritus at Deer Creek. We have a little problem with the communication. They speak very poorly. There's just some accent. They have very few activities and we hope that they can add more that are appropriate for the residents. There's large room for improvement, yet the foods are well served.

AliciaMarieP June 02, 2012

The facility itself seemed extremely peaceful, the outside itself was really clean and the landscaping gave the feeling of tranquility. When speaking with the staff they seemed extremely caring and nice, it made me believe they loved their jobs and took it very seriously. Also the interior was nicely decorated and gave a "home" type of feeling, I would think this is so that the people who stay there feel are as comfortable as possible. I liked the fact that most people seemed to be content with staying there, I actually got to speak with a couple of the residents as a volunteer, a lot of them loved talking with me about their lives it seemed they liked living there because they do take them outside of the facility such as "field trips" into town. However, some said they felt lonely sometimes or even home sick while others have met many people through the facility. I didn't get to see the food but I heard the food is actually nice and the facility offers choices for the residents.

commercesd April 03, 2012

We found Emeritus at Deer Creek assisted living facility as it was recommended by people my friend's knew for his mother.

The outside areas were well kept and looked peaceful, which is important to my friend's mother, since she enjoys reading and writing outdoors as much as possible.

The main room was nicely decorated and felt warm and inviting; everyone we saw appeared to be very well taken care of.

They have many social activities and make trips to other regions in Florida such as Pompano Beach, Boca Raton, Coral Springs and Boynton Beach to enjoy the outdoors and to go shopping, visit museums, see films, theater and participate in other activities geared toward seniors.

The exercise facilities were quite nice, with many options, including yoga and other classes, with some machine work also available.

The food was really nicely prepared "“ with options and choices for many tastes and dietary concerns.

They had a variety of apartment styles available and all of the ones we saw looked really lovely.

All of the seniors looked very well cared for and seemed quite content living within this environment.

From Brookdale Deer Creek

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9401

Features of Brookdale Deer Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Hiking trails
  • Tennis courts
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, After hours safety

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Staff patient ratio: 15:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 9401