NewBridge on the Charles

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of NewBridge on the Charles

July 15, 2014

By Btdt

I had high hopes that my family member's needs would be met. The grounds looked beautiful, activities were plentiful, etc. However, my relative has experienced very little attention, missing clothing time and again (nothing done about it), staff who don't talk with the residents, etc. I'm afraid that the staff don't seem to care. newbridge has proven to me that you can't simply throw money at the problem of taking care of elderly loved ones. The food is good, but 600 per day is an expensive meal. if you want your loved one to have attention, engagement, care, and more, you'd be better off spending the money elsewhere, sad to say.

November 18, 2013

By Paulala

My mom is has been at New Bridge for around 20 months, and I can honestly say that I am very impressed with the amount of caring she receives. They go beyond my expectations to make my mom feel comfortable and important. When my mom fell and had to go to the hospital and then to their rehab floor for a few weeks, their whole staff- all her resident assistants, nurses, activity director and activity councilor, SW, and more, each individually came to visit her at the rehab. It was amazing how many staff cared enough about her that they took personal time to visit her- and all at different times. Rabbi Karen even visited her in the hospital. I could write an epic on her love, compassion and caring she has shown my mom and all the residents. When she returned to her own room, the staff was amazing. Someone came every hour to check on her and made sure she was comfortable and her every need was met. Her PT and OT have been helping her get back on her feet, We couldn't ask for a better team of caring professionals. Unfortunately now she has become very weak due to congestive heart failure, and just when I thought that the staff couldn't get any better, they are proving themselves to us once again. They are extremely responsive and they make sure someone sits with her everyday for a while. All I can say is their staff is wonderful and compassionate. They have their own in-house doctors and NP's and my mom's doctor and NP have been very caring and have been great keeping us informed on her condition. I would definitely recommend NBOC to anyone looking for a long term care facility for their loved ones. Did I mention everyone has their own room?

November 15, 2013

By flyaway1

As I think about my mother's last moments of her life at Newbridge. I have nothing but anger because I think that her care was poor because they had no idea of what was wrong with my mother. The nurse on the night that she died gave her an overdose of medicine that wasn't prescribed. The doctor prescribed just 25mg and she was given 50mg because the nurse felt that she knew better well within minutes of my mother receiving this double dose she began to transition. Its been over a year and I'm still not at peace with the way that she passed. May she rest in peace

July 12, 2013

New Bridge on the Charles was recommended to me by a cousin. I went and see this place and it was the most beautiful place amongst the ones that I have seen. It looked very pleasant. It was also clean and new. It got a lot of open air and open space. They also have a lot of very good equipments. I like this facility very much. The woman who took us around and the waitress who waited on us were the extent of the staff that I saw, but what I saw was very nice. We had lunch there and it was very good. New Bridge on the Charles would be my first choice.

July 29, 2011

By Clinical Social Worker 7

Aesthetically and in every other way, this facility, which offers a continuum from independent living to memory care and short-term rehab, is gorgeous beyond belief. While here, you feel like you're away on vacation"”with its wood setting, complete with a three-mile path for residents and visitors to use. The common areas inside are very beautiful, with unique artwork everywhere. There's a library, restaurant, a dining room that's like an upscale restaurant, a sitting room to read in and even resources such as eye doctors, geriatricians and other consultants on staff. The rooms in the assisted living portion are spacious apartments that include nice touches such as granite counter tops and bathrooms outfitted with many thoughtful safety features. The most expensive independent homes look like rustic cabins from the outside. The quality of the food served in the common dining room gets mixed reviews from the residents, but there are many options available daily. There is also a restaurant and pool onsite"”and scheduled outings are offered, with van transportation when needed. The whole philosophy of housing and care at New Bridge is geared to elders"”and there is a real drive to keep people as independent as possible for as long as possible. The staff is very involved and concerned about residents' safety and care, and the administrative staff really know the residents who live there. They also work well with agencies and families. In the few cases in which there was a problem with residents or family members, the staff showed compassion and flexibility in working out a solution. Anyone would love to live there, but a barrier for many is the expense--private pay, with an initial payment of $10,000 upfront.

July 13, 2011

By SheilaGPranskyGCM

This is a relatively new development of Hebrew SeniorLife, a big company in the Boston area with lots of facilities. It's a CCRC, but you don't have to live there to move into skilled nursing or assisted living. They also do a lot of rehab in the skilled nursing unit. I've had relatives at NewBridge, and I know some of the staff well. It's right off the highway, convenient by car. But it's not within walking distance to shops or businesses. It a big campus--162 acres--and you drive quite a long way before getting to the buildings. The building are a mix: cottages, an apartment building, another large building, and a Jewish day school (inter-generational programming is one of their goals). There's a strong Jewish content to everything there: food, atmosphere, programming, culture. The staff is very skilled in assisted living, very experienced, attentive, and caring. They have high quality programming. There's also lots of sharing of resources with the different levels of care. But I'd like to see a better staff-to-patient ratio in skilled nursing. Patients can wait a long time for help. I rate the assisted living a 4 but the skilled nursing just a 3. Food in assisted living is good, not great. And the activities put a lot of emphasis on inter-generational concerts, lectures, art exhibits...that kind of thing.

Features of NewBridge on the Charles

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About NewBridge on the Charles

NewBridge on the Charles is an assisted living facility in Dedham, MA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact NewBridge on the Charles for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of NewBridge on the Charles