Brookdale Dedham

391 Common St, Dedham, MA, 02026

Reviews of Brookdale Dedham

January 31, 2014

I did like Emeritus At Wilson Mountain. I thought it was a very nice facility. It was expensive though. It costs a lot of money to go there, so we didn't really choose that, but it would have been closer for me. I really considered going there. It was a beautiful building and it was more than I expected. It was also very modern and very nice inside. The rooms were beautiful. They were very well appointed but you have to bring your own furniture in. The dining room was nice. For activities, they did have exercise equipment which was very nice I think. The folks were very pleasant and friendly. When I visited, the staff was very nice, very good, very professional and very caring and informative. I thought they did a nice job.

September 27, 2013

By Martha19

I went to see Emeritus at Wilson Mountain. Everything was very good. The place is nice and clean. The staff were very nice and friendly. The only thing I did not like is that I noticed a lady with a bully character.

July 29, 2011

By Clinical Social Worker 7

This facility offers assisted living and no additional kinds of care, although there is a separate locked memory care unit. The outside is pleasant in woodsy area, and ample parking is available for visitors. The facility is well maintained, both inside and out. The food is decent, although gets no rave reviews from the residents there. There are still some unknowns about the place, which was formerly known as Brighton Gardens, but changed hands about a year or so. Traditionally, there is an adjustment period that may include some kinks; those considering living here should press the new management for any details of housing and care that may concern them. There has already been one improvement: When this facility was Brighton Gardens, the staff members were not very communicative with outside care providers and family members"”and that has gotten better. For example, they now seem to feel it's beneficial for them to know what they're getting when patients are released to them from the hospital, so make much more of an effort to get details on care and conditions. But some complain that there is a tendency to keep the residents too long in assisted living, when they really require more care than can be provided there. Once more care is required, people may simply be better off in another facility that offers more intensive care. So Emeritus at Wilson Mountain may be the best fit for residents who are fairly independent and in good health. The price point is lower than for some other comparable facilities in the area.

Photos of Brookdale Dedham

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Brookdale Dedham

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Convenient to Boston area highways, yet in a peaceful location that is set along conservation land. There is a dog park next door.

Map of Brookdale Dedham