Coventry Place Assisted Living

2806 North Decatur Road, Decatur, GA, 30033

Reviews of Coventry Place | Assisted Living

May 12, 2013

By caring2609

The staff is very wonderful here at The Coventry Place. I have no complaints about them. Our activities are enough but I still have my car and go on short trips while I hope to get better. My apartment has a bedroom, a little living room, a kitchen and a storage area. The living room, dining room and kitchen are set up on 720 square feet. It's not a huge place but it's very nice. The food is good. It's bland but it's very nutritious. We have chicken every Wednesday. You get meat and one or two vegetables. Sometimes they serve fruit or a salad, like today. The portions are never huge but it's a sufficient amount of food. The rent covers one meal. Lunch is the main meal but you can pay extra and get another meal.

July 23, 2012

By nguest

Coventry Place is a nice community located in an area where there are a lot of nursing homes, retirement communities and assisted living places. However, in my opinion Conventry is probably one of the more warmer and nice hearted places in the area. Most of the residents seem to be able to get around without a lot of assistance and seem very satisfied with their living arrangements. I believe one issue with the facilities itself is space. Conventry seems more like a condensed hotel complex than most of the other assisted places I have visited in the past. The facilities are well kept and everything is very clean. I notice each time I visit someone doing janitorial work of some kind. Overall, the staff and residents seem very nice, pleasant and very eager to meet new faces. Last year we went caroling there and unlike when we usually visit and residents keep to their rooms, most residents came down to sing with us! This makes Coventry a very warm and caring place to visit. Everyone is so happy.

Features of Coventry Place

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Overall:

• State Licenses: 044-01-56146-0

About Coventry Place

Coventry Place offers a broad array of services, allowing its residents to “age in place.” Coventry Place residents do not pay for services that they do not need; most do not have to relocate to another facility to receive more extensive services when needed. All residents reside in large apartments (not motel-size rooms) while enjoying a maintenance free lifestyle, housekeeping, and an extensive dining program. Residents are able to participate in an organized activities program; local, scheduled transportation is also available. Our Coventry Place staff is available 24 hours a day to provide emergency services should they be needed. The best thing about Coventry Place is the sense of community that grows here. Our well-appointed dining room is a natural place for residents to meet over a delicious meal. Our wide-screen TV turns the Coventry Place lounge into a cinema and sports arena. Activity rooms are usually filled with residents play ing cards, reading or enjoying one of our fun-filled special event parties. Our graciously decorated lobby is a lovely place to greet visiting friends and family.

We offer an abundance of social activities on a weekly and monthly basis, to include chair exercise, musical entertainment, Bingo, a Bridge group, monthly Birthday Parties, Movies, Lunch and Fine Arts outings, and much much more. I have provided our January 2018 calendar here for you to review the current month of activities.

Having been in business 30 years, we're a stable business large enough to be be cost efficient but still small enough to feel like family. Most of our senior managers have been here over twenty years and is still owned by the original owners. Our Managing Director, Michael Cress, lives on the property as well in the same type of apartment as the rest of our residents.

In short, what sets Coventry Place apart?

• Our 728 sq. ft. apartments are significantly larger than other typical Senior Living apartments with lots of closet and storage space
  • Both our Independent Living and Personal Care rates are significantly lower than our peers
  • Annual rent increases of $25 or $50 (1-2%) are minuscule compared to other Senior Living facilities, we won't price you out of your home.
  • Our one-time $500 Community Fee when moving in is a fraction of what competitors charge
  • We're a family business and this is our only community. This is our "home" unlike the large corporations that treat their residents as a number, not a person.

We at Coventry Place want both you and your family to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with affordable living in the lively surroundings of Coventry Place.

Map of Coventry Place