Coventry Place

2806 North Decatur Road, Decatur, GA, 30033

Reviews of Coventry Place

January 28, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer44

I’ve moved into Coventry Place. The staff is fine. The room is very nice. It is affordable for me. They have a beauty salon and an indoor pool, but they do not have a spa or an exercise room. However, those things are not important to me. The dining area is nice, but the food could be better. I would recommend this community to others.

January 31, 2014

By Miller Family

Our mother had a very difficult two months at Coventry from November 2013-January 2014. While the activities and dining teams were quite nice and fellow residents friendly and active, the assisted living care was what we would consider substandard. There were incorrect meds administered on several occasions, poor communication across shifts, and lack of accountability from staff. Our many complaints eventually led to several staff and management changes and the Executive Director says they are now addressing these issues. Hopefully this will lead to better conditions, but I would ask many questions, demand to see written care and communication protocols, and inquire about previous complaints and what is being done to address them. Coventry seemed like an affordable alternative compared to other assisted living facilities, but it cost our mom and our family much peace of mind. While it may provide an option for independent living, proceed with caution if you or a loved one need personal care.

May 13, 2013

By caring2609

The staff is very wonderful here at The Coventry Place. I have no complaints about them. Our activities are enough but I still have my car and go on short trips while I hope to get better. My apartment has a bedroom, a little living room, a kitchen and a storage area. The living room, dining room and kitchen are set up on 720 square feet. It's not a huge place but it's very nice. The food is good. It's bland but it's very nutritious. We have chicken every Wednesday. You get meat and one or two vegetables. Sometimes they serve fruit or a salad, like today. The portions are never huge but it's a sufficient amount of food. The rent covers one meal. Lunch is the main meal but you can pay extra and get another meal.

July 23, 2012

By nguest

Coventry Place is a nice community located in an area where there are a lot of nursing homes, retirement communities and assisted living places. However, in my opinion Conventry is probably one of the more warmer and nice hearted places in the area. Most of the residents seem to be able to get around without a lot of assistance and seem very satisfied with their living arrangements. I believe one issue with the facilities itself is space. Conventry seems more like a condensed hotel complex than most of the other assisted places I have visited in the past. The facilities are well kept and everything is very clean. I notice each time I visit someone doing janitorial work of some kind. Overall, the staff and residents seem very nice, pleasant and very eager to meet new faces. Last year we went caroling there and unlike when we usually visit and residents keep to their rooms, most residents came down to sing with us! This makes Coventry a very warm and caring place to visit. Everyone is so happy.

Features of Coventry Place

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 044-01-56146-0

About Coventry Place

Coventry Place offers a broad array of services, allowing its residents to “age in place.” Coventry Place residents do not pay for services that they do not need; most do not have to relocate to another facility to receive more extensive services when needed. All residents reside in large apartments (not motel-size rooms) while enjoying a maintenance free lifestyle, housekeeping, and an extensive dining program. Residents are able to participate in an organized activities program; local, scheduled transportation is also available. Our Coventry Place staff is available 24 hours a day to provide emergency services should they be needed. The best thing about Coventry Place is the sense of community that grows here. Our well-appointed dining room is a natural place for residents to meet over a delicious meal. Our wide-screen TV turns the Coventry Place lounge into a cinema and sports arena. Activity rooms are usually filled with residents play ing cards, reading or enjoying one of our fun-filled special event parties. Our graciously decorated lobby is a lovely place to greet visiting friends and family.

We at Coventry Place want both you and your family to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with affordable living in the lively surroundings of Coventry Place.

Map of Coventry Place