Spring Hills Singing Woods

140 East Woodbury Drive, Dayton, OH, 45415

Reviews of Spring Hills Singing Woods

TY2015 November 13, 2015

My Mother was a resident at Singing woods. She moved into an Assisted Living apartment and later to the memory care. She recently passed away. The employees there are beautiful and wonderful people. They don't act like they are doing a job, but fulfilling a life's passion. In her last days I was amazed by the number of people who came by her room to say a prayer for her, let her know they were thinking of her and to say goodbye. I can't say enough about what it meant to me knowing Mom was in such good hands. I will be forever grateful to each and everyone of them for the part they played in giving my family and me peace of mind and giving my Mom peace and comfort during the end of her family

Thank you so much for being part of our Spring Hills family. We strive to exceed your expectations. Our team is truly dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

Anonymous118887850 October 31, 2015

The quality of service they provide is very high. Consistency of care is a concern, because communication between nursing staff and activity staff can be challenging. I feel like I need to express to each staff member individually what our expectations are; that becomes exhausting at times. We are very happy with mom’s care. We just feel like it could be even better.

Thank you for your feedback. We think there is always room for improvement too. We appreciate the time you took to leave comments and we will share them with our team.

Stephanie O July 14, 2015

My initial visit to Spring Hills was wonderful. Tessa was very informative and took plenty of time to answer my questions and inquire about my mother and our family. There was a feeling of empathy not a hard sell approach. I observed cleanliness, a pleasant atmosphere and staff engaging with the residents. The list of activities and dining amenities are impressive. I feel confident that this will be a wonderful place for my mom and provide her with the "home like" atmosphere that I desire. I also know that I now have time to plan, prepare and transition when that time comes. Thanks to Tessa and Beth for a truly positive experience.

Dear Stephanie, Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write this review.

Kaye5 June 29, 2015

The staff in Spring Hills Singing Woods is very caring and friendly. They are very helpful for the family too.

Thank you for your feedback. Positive reviews like this inspired our teams.

Can't be beat! April 22, 2015

My Mother recently moved to Singing Woods. We really did our research prior to making a deposit and toured many other communities. Singing Woods is the best around, with no comparison. The community is very clean and the décor is up to date. The staff are all very friendly and helpful and seem to enjoy working there. The nurses are timely with her medications. The dining room is very clean and the menu and the food is wonderful. I can not think of one negative thing to say. So happy we chose Singing Woods.

Dear Can't be beat, Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate your time to write a review. It is encouraging to our team as they are dedicated to Caring with a Commitment to Quality.

Pat & Don Walter January 19, 2015

After seeing spring hills didn't feel we had to look anywhere else! It was so perfect for my brother in law, with courtyard, & gardens that I could not contain my excitement! Had no idea we could find a place like that. His greatest love is gardening, flowers, & his yard. I was sad to think he wouldn't have, this spring. Beth & staff were super! We have put a deposit on a lovely apt. & can't wait to show him!!!

Thank you for choosing to be part of the Spring Hills family! We appreciate you positive review.

Jennifer Petticrew January 06, 2015

Words cannot express how much we appreciated the great care from the Executive Director, Dee, the Director of Resident Care, Amy and all the staff gave our Dad and us during a very difficult time. The nurses and caregivers were very attentive to our needs. The nurses went above and beyond caring for our Dad and were compassionate to us. The staff works very hard to care for the residents. We definetely recommend SpringHills Singing Woods to anyone who needs that extra special care. Jennifer & Debbie

Jennifer, Thank you for your postive review and kind words. It is our passion to take care of seniors like your dad and we are committed to quality care so you and your family can be confident that your dad is in good hands. We appreciate your support.

Carol103453250 December 27, 2014

This community is peaceful and friendly and safe for me to dwell. I am an artist and poet who has painted a full water color tablet of the beautiful surrounding scenery and have written poetry. I've made friends. Delicious food and dining, good attention from staff, and lots of activities and holiday displays and events. I love it here.

Thank you for your positive review Carol. We appreciate your support and look forward to ensuring you love it for years to come!

P.L. Dixon December 17, 2014

Caregivers are kind and compassionate and treat residents with respect. Environment is clean and maintained. Entire staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend this facility.

Dear P.L. Dixon, Thank you so much for your positive review. We appreciate the time you took to recognize our team's hard work and commitment to quality care. Reviews like this re-inspire us to exceed your expectations!

Caring1027418 December 09, 2014

Employees seem genuinely caring and helpful for the most part. Physical therapy folks are wonderful. Level of care for patients is not always consistent, but acceptable. Overall, we're happy with the care. Receptionists are kind and professional.

Thank you for your positve review. We appreciate your feedback.

bmiller1 November 01, 2014

I recently took a tour of SpringHills Singing Woods. I was so impressed with the friendly staff and how everyone made you feel so welcome the moment you walked in the door. It has such a home-like atmosphere. We have chose to make this Dad's new home. He also toured and felt it was a good match. I have toured other assisted living buildings and did not get the feel that I did from Singing Woods. They are clearly the best in the area. If you are looking for Assisted Living for your loved one I would strongly encourage you to visit Singing Woods.

Dear BMiller, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our assisted living community. We appreciate your feedback to better serve you and your fellow family members and residents better.

Pamela Stower October 13, 2014

My sister was a resident for nearly 2 years. My first day I walked through this place I felt at home. I knew without a doubt I had found a safe, clean, home for my sister. Their food is the best! Very clean, very kind staff all of them are team players, which shows me the director has it together with a fantastic crew.
My sister finally had to move with her dementia worsening. It was a sad day when we had to say goodbye to all the staff and those who live There have became a part of our extended family.
We will never find a better, more functioning home than Spring Hills Singing Woods of Dayton.
Thank each one of you for being a part of my families journey in this phase called "life"...

Dear Pamela, Thank you so much for your feedback. Your review is very valuable to us. It helps to continuously motivate our team to exceed your expectations.

TN90 August 21, 2014

Mother has been a resident at Singing Woods for 6 years. We appreciate the good care provided at this facility. Caregivers and staff are all like family to us. The staff is very kind and engaging and very respectful to the residents. We love visiting her, especially when they have live entertainment. We enjoy seeing Mother and the other residents having such a great time. Singing Woods was definetely the right choice and we have not regrets.

Thank you for being part of our Spring Hills family and leaving such a postive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

Grant23 June 18, 2014

I can not say enough nice things about this community. My Mother recently moved there from another community. Since being at Singing Woods she now participates in activities and really enjoys the meals. I have been very impressed with the communication from the staff and how welcome they have made Mom feel. Mom's overall demeanor has definitely been a positive improvement since moving to Singing Woods. I wish we would have come here sooner. I highly recommend Singing Woods

Thank you for the time you took to leave this review. We appreciate your kind words and your detailed feedback.

LW1971 April 21, 2014

This past weekend I was able to see all the care and commitment the employees of Singing Woods has. We were invited to an Easter luncheon and Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. It was wonderful and everyone had such a great time. We could tell that much hard work and planning went in to the event. It was obvious that the management and employees truly care about their residents. Thanks again for such a special day, you really out did yourselves and it truly was a blessing to see grandma so happy!

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. We truly appreciate your positive review.

thankyousw March 17, 2014

Thank you Singing Woods so very much for everything you have done to give such excellent and loving care to Dad. You have been so loving and supportive and kind and caring. Thank you for your tender care and for being so attentive to our needs. Thank you for the wonderful precious pictures you took of Dad and for the wonderful scrapbook you made for us. We will cherish forever the sacred memories you have given us. Thank you and all your staff for taking such good care of Dad. We are so grateful for your help. We know that Dad was given excellent care with precious people who really loved him.

Thank you for your kind words. We truly appreciate your positive review.

ptcare February 18, 2014

I am an occupational therapist with an outside company. I visit many communities on a regular basis to see my patients. Singing Woods is a community that I am at very frequent. From my observations the residents are very well cared for, the nursing staff and management staff is very friendly and professional. It is a clean and inviting atmosphere and the residents really seem to enjoy living there. I would recommend this community to any of my clients.

Thank you for your positive reviewed and kind feedback. We truly appreciate it.

ping7757 November 13, 2013

My father is a current resident of SpringHills Singing Woods and has been there for several years. I have great piece of mind know he is being well cared for and loved every day. The employees is what make Singing Woods the best choice for Assisted Living. I would recommend them to anyone looking for their loved one

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave this review and recommend us.

basketball_mom October 17, 2013

So glad we found this community. Nothing but positives. Enjoy the events!

Thank you for your positive feedback. We truly appreciate your review.

Caring6430 September 18, 2013

Spring Hills Singing Woods was very nice and it had a lot of character. We thought it was wonderful and the food was good too. When my sister was there, they messed up her medications. She wanted to go to the hospital because of her cough but they did not take her. So her daughter came and took her to the hospital and she had pneumonia. I slept there a couple of nights and I thought there was no camaraderie between the help.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all reviews. If you feel this matter still needs to be addressed, please contact us at 732-582-0400.

From Spring Hills Singing Woods

Spring Hills Singing Woods provides premier assisted living in the North Dayton, Ohio area. In addition, we are a supportive Alzheimer's care community. Distinguished among senior living communities, we demonstrate "Caring with a Commitment to Quality," by offering personalized Signature Touches, a set of programs and services unique to Spring Hills, along with all the comforts of home.

Practicing holistic health care, our experienced, professional associates are on hand 24 hours a day to assist you with your medical or personal needs. Our Director of Resident Care conducts wellness checks on a regular basis, to ensure that our holistic care continues to meet your changing needs.

Spring Hills Singing Woods Assisted Living is conveniently located in Dayton, Ohio. We are close to many neighboring cities such as Englewood, Huber Heights, Vandalia, Clayton and Trotwood. Dayton is known as the Birthplace of Aviation and is home to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, one of the largest, most diverse and organizationally complex Air Force installations. From the outskirts of the city to the downtown core, Dayton offers world-class attractions for all to enjoy.

Art and music enthusiasts enjoy Fraze Pavilion, Dayton Cultural Center, Schuster Performing Arts Center, Dayton Art Institute, Riverbend Art Center, The Loft Theatre, Dayton Ballet Company and many more. The Schuster Performing Arts Center which is home to the Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, Dayton Opera and also hosts select Dayton Ballet performances and Victoria Theatre Association presentation. The Dayton Art Institute is one of the nation's finest mid-sized art museums which features a permanent collection of more than 20,000 objects spanning 5,000 years of art history.

If shopping is one of your favorite pastimes, you certainly won't be disappointed. Spring Hills Singing Woods is in close proximity to numerous unique shops. The Oregon Historic District, Dayton's oldest neighborhood, is marked by historic charm and diverse shops. The 2nd Street Public Market, a favorite of Spring Hills Singing Woods residents, offers a variety of goods and products to hungry shoppers. Enjoy shopping for fresh produce, meats, poultry, breads and desserts, along with fresh-cut flowers and local artisans displaying something for everyone.

Spring Hills Singing Woods is near an abundance of natural beauty in the many parks throughout the Dayton area. Parks in the area include Carriage Hill MetroPark Farm, Englewood MetroPark and Five Rivers Outdoors. Five Rivers MetroParks features more than 16,000 acres of natural wonder.

Residents of Spring Hills Singing Woods enjoy visits to the U.S. Air Force Museum, which is the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world. The Museum uses both chronological and subjective layouts to tell the exciting story of aviation development from the days of the Wright brothers at Kitty Hawk to the Space Age. Exhibits include over 200 aircraft and missiles.

Spring Hills Singing Woods encourages all of our residents and families to take advantage of what this great town has to offer!

Features of Spring Hills Singing Woods

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,200/month

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits