Atria Covell Gardens

1111 Alvarado Avenue, Davis, CA, 95616

Reviews of Atria Covell Gardens

LovelyLady13 June 26, 2014

We just recently moved her into the Atria, and it is wonderful. We'd used the Atria before for my husband's parents, and we liked the way they ran it. I thought the staff was great. The staff is really good with her. They're very patient, very helpful, and the facility seems really nice. The rooms are typical. It's just a square room. Everyone has a shared bathroom, which really would not be my first choice. It's just very clean. We're very satisfied with them.

Caring64767450 February 01, 2014

My dad is doing very well at Atria Covell Gardens. We chose this facility for him because he really likes it. They actually do very well with him. Right now, the staff is providing him with medication help and bathing. They made a big effort to know who he is. Then they made a big effort to know who I am, so that they can talk to me. I would get emails from them regarding my dad. They're very sweet. They look after him. I really feel comfortable with him being there. He has his moments because he misses Mom but he is starting to live again which I thought was really important. Food is very good. They are served restaurant-style. You can go in anywhere from 7 am to 7 pm and there's no specific time of day that you have to go in. They have two specials that you can choose from or they'll feed you anything you want to eat apartment from their specials. I like that. They also have lots of activities for their residents. They would bring in a lot of music, etc. For accommodation, my dad has an apartment with a separated bedroom. He has a living room area that moves into a tiny kitchen. He has a refrigerator and a dining table. He has a king-size bed in the bedroom, a big dresser, a big walk-in closet, and a nice-sized bathroom which had a regular tub, but because my dad has issues, they did a cut out for him and it didn't cost me any extra. It's very nice. His apartment is a little older but it's very spacious, very clean and well taken care of.

Deborah23 November 22, 2013

Caring.com gave me a list of facilities and Atria was one of them, so we visited this place. The entrance way and the opening lobby was beautiful with fresh flowers. I thought the grounds were modest but pleasant. I didn't really care for the location very much because it was in a busy street. For the price, I was a little underwhelmed, but the facility was beautiful and really nice. Also the actual room that my mother would be living in was underwhelming. It was cheaply appointment, small, and there was no outdoor space. There were nice people roaming around the facility and they seemed to be more alert. There were a lot of retired professionals that were there, so there was a nice caliber of residents actually living there. I also saw that they have like coffee and snacks for their residents. Their staff was more slick than the others we saw. The lady who took me on a tour was lovely and the receptionist there was nice. There were also more people doing things, like seeking out to help the residents and the visitors. They were very nice to me but I didn't think that this facility was worth going to Davis, it didn't appeal to me enough so that would be the one I would choose.

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit. We are so glad that you considered our community as an option for your mother, and I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate her. It’s wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the community overall, its residents and staff. I am sorry you did not find the apartment size to be adequate for your mother. With so many activities to engage in and lovely residents to commune with, we encourage more time spent outside of the apartments, taking advantage of all the thoughtfully planned activities and lovely common spaces Atria Covell Gardens has to offer. If we can be of any help in the future or you would like information on some of our other communities in the area, please let us know. We can be reached at (561) 965-7200 or customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Willene September 25, 2013

What I didn't like about Atria Covell Gardens is that mom has dementia and this facility is new in that aspect although mom is not yet in a dementia unit but I know she will be. It's also a multi story unit as well and I don't like mom would be using stairs or elevators. And the other part I didn't like was the parking unit. They do not have enough parking spots for the visitors.

Thank you for your review. I would like to assure you that our Life Guidance memory care neighborhood has very well-trained and caring staff who engage with the residents to encourage them to participate to their full potential. This area of our community has been open for nearly a year now and our residents and their families seem quite pleased with what we offer. I understand your concern about the stairs and elevators. Family members of residents with mild memory impairments can request an escort to meals and events, and residents in the Life Guidance neighborhood have their own dining room and events nearby. Someone will always be with those residents if they need to use the elevator for any reason. I apologize for the parking accommodations and I will be sure to share your review with the right staff who can evaluate the issue and determine if improvements can be made. If we can answer further questions, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and please include the Atria community name in the subject line.

Paul18 August 29, 2013

The facility was clean and nice. They had lots of activities. They just cost a little higher and was designed for independent living with some assistance. I would recommend them to others.

oldjoe123 October 24, 2012

I have never seen so many seniors with smiles on their face. Especially in an assisted living facility. All of the current residents are full of life and very active. The facility itself offer various amennities. Everything from a cyber cafe style lounge. To gaming clubs. There is definetly not a shortage of entertainment. I would gladly place either myself and or my family members in this facility if it ever was necessary. The staff was also impeccable. If I had to determine the largest attribute to the warm atmosphere of Atria Gardens I would credit the staff. Not only are the staff members well educated and professional but their bed side manner is above reproach. Most nursery home staffers can tend to be a little condescending or frustrated while performing their duties, however that is certainly not the case with Atria Covell Gardens. Overall I would give this establishment an 8 out of 10.

orhenry May 18, 2012

The residents seemed happy and upbeat, the facility was extremely well kept, and the staff were attentive. Providing an event like this for residents really excited the residents, and they enjoyed speaking with my sorority members and I. While this type of event is not a normal occurrence at this facility, it speaks volumes that the staff would put together an event like this for its residents.

eldercaredoc September 01, 2011

Beautiful Facility, Friendly staff and lots of activities for assisted living residents that don't need a lot of care. Memory care unit is under staffed and only checks on residents that are in there rooms every three hours.

From Atria Covell Gardens

Indulge yourself at Atria Covell Gardens, a charming retirement living community with the luxuries of a vacation and the comforts of home. On a sunny day, relax by our serene fountains and beautiful courtyard. Friends and family will love the Sunday Champagne Brunch.

Atria Senior Living builds vibrant assisted living communities that provide seniors with comfort, companionship and a better quality of life in their later years. Our goal is to always create an independent living environment where older people thrive, where loneliness and isolation are behind them, and where families and friends feel secure their loved ones are protected and fulfilled. This doesn't happen by accident. Behind the warmth and welcome of Atria Senior Living communities are considerate caregivers equipped with pages of protocols, standards and metrics - and a real investment, on everybody's part, in doing what is right.

The warmth and allure of Atria Covell Gardens lies in its consoling caregivers and their commitment to care and compassion. Atria's independent living communities arouse not only relaxation but also stimulation that nourishes the body and mind. Atria Senior Living provides luxury senior care, creating a remarkable assisted living experience.

Features of Atria Covell Gardens