The Blake at Malbis

11626 US Highway 90, Daphne, AL, 36526

Reviews of The Blake at Malbis

Jruth April 25, 2016

The people at Blake at Malbis are really nice and friendly. The place is immaculate, very clean, and well decorated. The food and housekeeping are good. The room is very pleasant and has a large bathroom. He has a window that looks out on a beautiful courtyard. It’s very quiet compared to some of the others he has been in. The people are very caring overall and have good activities available.

Brenda L.1 January 20, 2016

The Blake was a beautiful, very open, and very inviting facility. The woman who conducted the tour was very friendly and provided lots of information that I wasn’t aware of, like veterans’ benefits and things of that nature. The residents all seemed very happy. Pets were allowed, not that my parents need a pet, but we have dogs and we would be able to bring them to visit because they love animals but don’t need one of their own. They had many options for rooms, from studios all the way through a very large one-bedroom, and different levels of room options, so that was very impressive. They also had lots of activities, a theater room, and a book club. One thing that I was impressed with was they had an on-site beauty salon where once a week they would bring in a stylist, a manicurist, and even a massage therapist, which was nice because they wouldn’t have to go out somewhere to get a haircut; they can just schedule it right there. It's a beautiful place that looked more like a resort hotel.

Anonymous113050150 October 28, 2015

I'm in The Blake at Malbis, and I'm very happy with it. It's very clean. They have activities, and they take us places, and I’m pleased with it. I like the food. They are very good people; they're concerned.

celebratejoy July 28, 2015

I cannot say enough about The Blake. From the minute we walked in to look around the staff was friendly and the residents seemed happy. We ate lunch there and not only was the food great!! (Good southern cooking), residents were laughing and talking at the other tables. There seemed to be a real camaraderie between the residents and staff. We moved my mother in and found that what we felt when we were looking was actually the case. The staff is friendly, helpful and caring. They seem to genuinely care about the residents and their families. It is clean, light, bright and beautiful and there seems to be something going on all the time. The management seems to really care in a compassionate way and got to know us all personally. We felt like part of the family. My mom is gone now but I still go to the Blake to see her friends and the staff that I got to know so well. It feels like home.

Caring100467150 January 13, 2015

We went to The Blake. It was beautiful to look at, but we heard too many bad things about it. We didn't like the people that worked there. They were very pushy. The rooms were beautiful, but appearance wasn't what we were looking for. We were looking for the care.

They had activities. They had puzzles, and they took them out on a bus to different places.

Flower21 January 24, 2014

The assisted living portion was okay, however is it short staffed and the food can be average at best. However, the memory care experience was awful. The staff can be rude, items went missing, I personally witnessed a staff member respond to the "help button", turn it off and leave, not returning for almost 20 minutes! I discovered that the sitter service was trying to get my mother to invest in her business. Housekeeping is subpar. The staff and nurse failed to recognize SEVERE dehydration. Staff was not concerned with with problems and I became nervous that it would be reflected in their treatment of my parents.

Chester M November 08, 2013

My sister has lived in The Blake for about 5 months and is very satisfied with the facilities, food, staff members and activities. Her apartment is just right for her needs. Living room and kitchenette is designed well and contains all her needs. The bed room and bath are extra large which allows ease of movement when she uses her wheel chair. The Blake staff is kind and compassionate and professional . They assist her with all her needs on a timely basis. When my sister needed to move into an Assisted Living facility, we visited five in Baldwin County. All facilities were nice that we visited but The Blake was head and shoulders better than the others. An extra special for the Blake is that other residents we have talked with are friendly to my sister and to us and they also like living there.

glades August 26, 2013

Beautiful - yes - however -Poor care for the price. short staffed, poor housekeeping and attention to residents on the memory care units. food basic at best; little appropriate mental stimulation - staff not trained in specific needs of memory impaired

hoocaca June 30, 2012

The Blake is a a beautiful, spacious facility that offers amazing quality care around the clock. The rooms are spacious, clients have plenty of room to roam, including a lovely garden. Memory care clients are locked in and can not get out without alarms signalling. Exceptional.

CarrieC January 26, 2012

We visit this facility on a regular basis. Since The Blake obtained new staff, we have been very impressed with the care of the residents

Pandora1 November 16, 2011

My relative is resident at The Blake and we are extremely impressed with the staff, activities and the surrounding beauty of the facility. We toured many places in the area and The Blake surpassed them all. The staff are wonderful!

TPH144 September 14, 2011

The Blake itself is a beautiful facility. It has beautiful landscaping and the decor is very nice. The problem with this place is the staff. They are very rude to the residents and they have lost several in a very short amount of time due to lack of care. I witnessed first hand how rude the nurses and staff were. I would not suggest this facility to anyone, as they do not properly care for these residents, at least on the Memory Care side of the facility.

From The Blake at Malbis

A senior living community becomes a home when you feel relaxed, comfortable and safe. At The Blake, you’re surrounded by people who truly have your interests at heart.

The Blake is a new option in senior living, offering unmatched assisted living and memory care. With locations in Alabama, Florida, Louisiana and Mississippi, The Blake blends southern sensibilities with compassionate care. Our staff is professional and always attentive, with an emphasis on hospitality. While the surroundings are spacious and elegant, residences are available on a rental basis at competitive rates. This means no entry fees, making The Blake a more affordable option.

Assisted Living. The goal is to maintain as much independence as possible, while we provide just the right touch of assistance needed to celebrate each day.

Memory Care. Residents enjoy spacious and calm living suites, therapeutic areas and a landscaped courtyard. As you’d expect from an attentive memory care provider, safety is paramount.

Nestled on 27 sprawling acres in the historic Malbis area of Daphne, Alabama, The Blake at Malbis is a community for seniors unlike any other. Retirement and hospitality are blended to create an assisted living and memory care community where you will feel right at home.

At The Blake, you'll find unique offerings that set us apart, including:
  • Spacious Assisted Living and Memory Care suites, both offering dedicated staff, courtyards and tailored programs
  • Beautifully furnished hospitality suites available for respite care, weekend caregiver getaways and family visits
  • Variety of suites offering flexible floor plans to meet your needs, complete with kitchenettes and courtyard views
  • Active Living program that offers social, emotional and physical engagement
  • Delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily and all-day healthy snack options
  • Concierge services assist in resident transportation and family communication needs
  • Daily and weekly housekeeping services
  • Salon, Activity Rooms, Movie Room, Card Playing Room and On-Site Physical Therapy Clinic
  • Over 11,000 square feet of common area
  • Ample parking for residents, family and guests
Our Neighborhood:
  • Near Thomas Hospital, Mobile Infirmary and other major health care facilities
  • Minutes from Eastern Shore Centre’s shopping, dining and entertainment
  • Convenient to the area’s eclectic arts community
  • Abundant outdoor recreational options

Thanks for your interest at The Blake of Malbis. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Visit a Blake community and immediately you’ll notice a difference. Outdoors, landscaping and courtyards are lush and neatly maintained. Inside, private and semi-private rooms are spacious, cheerful and bright. Our care philosophy puts a high priority on hospitality and personal attention – for both residents and family. That person-centric approach is intentional, and it’s part of what separates your experience at The Blake.

Features of The Blake at Malbis

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Housing extra: Shared living

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Licenses: 13377(AL) 13378(MC)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Minimum memory care rate: $4,450/month