McDowell Place of Danville

1181 Ben Ali Drive, Danville, KY, 40422

Reviews of McDowell Place of Danville

tccole October 30, 2012

I spoke with many residents who seemed content with the staff and generally pretty happy. I was personally surprised with the diversity and amount of activities the residents could chose to participate in, and there were also several stations set up for impromptu communal activities like board games or cards. Also, the facilities seemed clean and well managed. Additionally, although I did not try the food, I was invited to stay for dinner several times by friendly staff members. Though I was generally very pleased with the condition of the place, I do have to note that it did seem a little small for the amount of residents. Each room did however have its own bathroom, I am not sure if this is common in similar facilities. Finally, I imagine that this place is on the higher end of the price range, which might be a deterrent for some potential residents.

meganxdarko June 12, 2012

The staff seemed friendly but, a few of the patients had some complaints about workers attitudes. It was a fairly clean facility but it had a smell that was not unpleasant but could have been better. The residents seemed well taken care of. They had minor complaints about things but nothing major. Everyone seemed to be doing well. Everyone had access to a nurse when they needed assistance with something. Every room I visited had a television and a phone which the residents seemed to enjoy. Some of them complained about the food but I guess it is along the same lines as hospital food which isn't terrible but also not great. Overall it seemed like a fairly nice place and the residents seemed pretty content.

drs122 December 08, 2011

I visited and toured this facility when one of my close friends from church began assisted living here. This is facility is relatively new and is in pristine condition, the landscaping surrounding the building is also very scenic. I met and spoke to a number of the personnel at McDowell place and they all seemed happy to be there and were very polite. The dining area is spacious with plenty of seating, and it is easily accessed as you walk down the main corridor from the entrance. Most of the flooring was carpet, so the chance of slipping and falling is reduced and I thought that was a good idea. The rooms themselves are very home like and charming, they do not resemble hospital rooms and I think that this is a good thing. Each room has its own bathroom and a small kitchenette area (that we of course filled with pictures of her friends and family). Down the hall from my friends room was the casual living room area, which included a number of soft recliners, lamp lighting, and a television. All in all, I was very impressed with the facilities at McDowell Place and would recommend to those in Danville searching for an assisted living care facility.

From McDowell Place of Danville

Your loved one will quickly feel like a member of our family and will enjoy the stunning accommodations found in our community.

We provide a comforting, safe atmosphere for our residents, while also helping them maintain their independence and dignity. While also providing seniors in our community with our spacious, relaxing accommodations, we have a large array of amenities that will make your loved one’s experience as pleasant as possible, including:

• Nutritious, restaurant-like menu and meals
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Furnished apartments available
  • Residents may also bring their own furniture and belongings
  • A large variety of educational, cultural, socializing, and recreational activities available
  • Library
  • Welcome all pets
  • Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center is located only a few minutes away

Our highly trained staff are here to make your residents feel at home, with our secure, safe apartments and becoming a friend to all of our residents. We truly care about the well being of the assisted living in our community, which is why we provide around the clock service, responding to their requests or needs at any time. We have also planned numerous activities in order to cultivate physical activity and socialization among other residents, while also learning a new skill through our educational and cultural activities. Your loved one may have come here by themselves, but soon will make plenty of friends.

We are an assisted living community that can be found in the heart of Kentucky. This spacious campus that allows all of our residents to drink in the beauty Danville has to offer, while also listening to the pleasant sound of birds and soft breeze through the rustling trees. Our environment will put your loved one at ease with its calming sounds and stunning look.

Features of McDowell Place of Danville

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: $750 non refundable move in fee - $1410 2nd person discount fee - $300 pet deposit

• Pets: All pets allowed