Sunrise of Danville

★★★★
America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of Sunrise of Danville

Caring72195750 February 28, 2014

Sunrise of Danville is an excellent place, but it's expensive. The facility is warm and nice, but institutionalized although for me that is not a big deal. The staff was fine.

Regina6 February 01, 2014

Sunrise didn't seem like an assisted living to me. It seemed more like a motel. The staff was okay and nice; however, I waited quite a few minutes waiting for someone to help me. But when they did, they came and they were nice. They showed me around. I looked at a few rooms. It's not what I expected. To me, they were kind of small. They have quite a few activities like dances, bingo, crafts, get-togethers, events and they take seniors on trips. They also celebrate events like certain holiday season and birthdays.

MrsLindberg October 28, 2013

I like Sunrise of Danville as well. I think they have both assisted and memory care. They have very nice rooms. Their staff was fabulous too. They were very good.

Caring3716 October 28, 2013

Sunrise of Danville was the other one we really liked for my mother. I found it also online. They're quite a little bit higher priced but I'm really impressed with them. They were very friendly. All the residents seemed very happy, active and that was very impressive. They seemed to have a lot of activities going on when we were there and the people were joining in. That was impressive as well. I especially liked that they really got their residents involved and they in turn seemed to like being there. That was a plus for me! However, my mom's mobility through this facility was difficult. It just didn't fit my mom's needs. It was an excellent facility and very clean too.

Caring139 August 14, 2012

We went to Sunrise in Danville and that was the only community that we visited. It's a lot more better than a nursing home. Right now, our search for care is on hold. We're fine for now. If my father-in-law will be needing a place, this is going to be the one. But my dad is not ready for this. I must say that everybody in the community was very helpful, especially the staff. It's a nice visit.

heatherc1992 January 08, 2012

I had a very positive experience with this facility. The volunteers I worked with were very enthusiastic and happy to be there. The seniors who lived there seemed to be happy and in good spirits. They seemed well cared for and genuinely enjoyed the company of the volunteers. They expressed their gratitude for our services. While I was there I was able to look at the dining commons and some of the rooms where the seniors lived. The dining commons and the bedrooms were very nicely decorated and kept up very well. My tasks usually involved cooking, reading and playing board games with the seniors. The room in which I played games and read books was decorated nicely and very clean. There was always a supervisor who worked there monitoring the volunteers and walking around to make sure that we were all doing our jobs. Overall, I would say I had a very positive experience at Sunrise Senior Living.

for dad July 27, 2011

When you first enter the facility it is impressive..and the staff is friendly. After sitting with administration..it seemed affordable and wonderful fit. Soon that changed..the management started adding.on fees.for every little thing...my father's fees jumped almost $3000 by the time.Needless to.say..I was taken advantage of..his health did not change..but her monthly fees did!! When I sat down with administration again to discuss they told me it is cost of living and would not work with me to keep my father there.They asked me to give a 30 day notice. I visited other facilities..in which one told me that Sunrise does that when they no longer want a resident there...or the resident is disruptive during tours of the facility... I have since moved my father...and have learned a valuable lesson...when choosing a facility...ask upfront about fees/levels...don't get impressed by the exterior...be impressed by interior management...Sunrise is like a ferrari without an engine!!

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and take your concerns regarding quality of care seriously, and would like to learn more about your experience. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

From Sunrise of Danville

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise of Danville in Danville, CA, stops at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites, to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at Sunrise of Danville is a welcome one.

Sunrise of Danville is built on a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, but we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

*At Sunrise of Danville, we also offer Below Market Rate Suites. These accommodations are only available to those who financially qualify. Make sure to inquire about the eligibility for this program.

We offer individualized services to cater to each residents' needs and allow them to age in place here at our community with Assisted Living and Memory care neighborhoods.

Features of Sunrise of Danville

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 79200294