Brookdale Danvers

220 Conant Street, Danvers, MA, 01923

Reviews of Brookdale Danvers

Caring109225550 July 04, 2015

Brookdale Danvers was really nice. I liked the people, it was a very nice and clean facility, and the staff was very pleasant. Actually, what hindered me was the cost. It was just too expensive. I like to talk to the residents when I go because that is how you really get a feel, and the residents there were happy. There wasn't really anything I didn't like about it.

Anonymous108731850 June 21, 2015

My mother-in-law was in Brookdale Danvers. It was excellent, but she required more care. It was one of the best assisted living I had seen. She was only there for a month. They had things going on all the time.

Caring102610150 February 26, 2015

The sales person in Brookdale was very knowledgeable. The place appears to be clean, and a lot of the residents were smiling. They’re doing some remodelling. My brother’s room is a studio. The residents I talked to, said they love it there.

Caring102580350 December 05, 2014

Emeritus at Cherry Hill was a nice place, but they couldn't really provide the kind of care that she needed. They had a van that would take them out for lunch or shopping or whatever. They had a lovely activities director -- Ellen -- who did crafts and things with them. They had a lovely party in the fall where they hired a disc jockey, and they had all those decorations; it was very nice. It was really hard to get hold of management because they were in a transition period where they were switching companies, and some people were leaving while some were staying, so it was kind of chaotic. They have a special memory care section, which is kind of a special area that is locked, and it has its own courtyard and things like that. The staff there was really nice, and they did as much as they could. The food was good, and they did have a lot of activities.

Markus13 November 19, 2014

My brothers & I visited Emeritus and were happy with what we saw and the friendliness of the staff. The place was very clean and well appointed. Things to note: all living quarters are on 2nd and 3rd floor with 2 elevators. Lots of activities available and well staffed with nurses. The food menu looks fantastic and the rooms were adequate in size for one but might be limited for a couple. Their costs have gone up since last year and it was impossible to nail down what the exact monthly expenses would be for my parents to live their. We were told the "additional items" can range from over $900 to $3400 a month. Also, I guess with the new owners, they no longer are a Medicaid certified facility

Caring85059150 October 16, 2014

I enjoyed my visit at Emeritus at Cherry Hill. I like the idea that you could have somebody come visit and stay in a room nearby. They have a movie theater, and they have just about everything. The facility is clean and laid out very well. The attendants seemed to be very helpful. I was able to have lunch there, and it was quite good. Their dining room is excellent. The apartments that I saw have big windows. They are airy and light. They have very nice accommodations.

Caring95975350 September 30, 2014

Emeritus at Cherry Hill was very misleading. When I went online to look at the website, the rooms were at $2,300 a month and when we got there, they walked us through the building, and it was a beautiful building, nice and clean; it looked like a nice facility. When we sat down to chat about finances, then lo and behold, the actual room price was $9,000 a month. They don't accept Medicaid or Medicare, it's all private pay. I didn't really see anything special about this place for it to be that much money, but it was nice. They knew their business, but it was very misleading. If I had known it was $9,000 and it was private pay, I never would have gone in there.

Caring66438050 September 27, 2014

Emeritus has a nice facility. The people there are friendly. They showed me all the activities. They have movies, games, exercises, and groups. A couple of the studios are small, but the one bedrooms are okay.

Caring89693050 July 27, 2014

The price was good at Emeritus in Danvers. My partner has a large studio room. It’s very clean. The dining room is beautiful. The food is excellent. The staff is caring and they let you know what’s going on. If there’s a problem you can go and talk to them. I’m satisfied and happy with it.

Caring04031 March 27, 2014

The reason we chose Emeritus was really because my sister and the rest of my family is all up in Massachusetts. We liked that it was very white and clean, that it looked cheerful. I thought the staff was very helpful, and they continue to be so because my mother is actually there. We've been very pleased with everything, the food, and also the activities they provide because that was another thing we were very concerned about was keeping my mother active.

They have a morning exercise class. They have different bus trips that they do. They go out to different restaurants. Three nights a week, they have a movie night. On Valentines Day, they had this big party where some of the married couples there did vow renewals. I'm very pleased with most everything with Emeritus.

conniez1 December 28, 2013

It seemed very bright and clean and the people were friendly. I wanted something with more Jewish services and holidays celebrated.

Caring76200250 December 27, 2013

I was very impressed with my visit in Emeritus at Cherry Hill. It's down the street where my son lives. They have an independent living unit and also advanced level of care. The person I interviewed was extremely capable and confident. I had enough information. I liked what I saw.

Thomas21 December 23, 2013

Emeritus is outstanding. Mom has been there since September. It's clean and it smells nice. They have a chef and the food was awesome. They go on nature rides, they have parties every two weeks, like Thanksgiving party, they have dances, and they do all kinds of stuff. Mom gets to keep one of her cats, too. I can't say any bad thing about them. The place is perfect. For people that don't have a ton of money, this is the place to go.

Loving Niece1 September 25, 2013

The one that I didn't like the most is Emeritus in Danvers. To begin with, I'm a nurse, and when I walked into the building, it smelled like urine. That was the first impression I got. When I went to look at a room there, they told me that this was a double room. It really wasn't a double room, it was a single room that they had put two beds in. It had one bathroom and one closet. I wouldn't put my aunt there. I didn't like that at all. There would be no place for her to have any of her things. I also didn't like the guy who showed me the room telling me that it was a double room when it was obviously not. Also their residents in that particular area were all sitting in a line in their wheelchairs or what. It didn't appear that there was much activity for them. I only went there once and those were my opinion of the place, but I would never go there again. I just didn't like it there.

Michelle R. September 20, 2013

I was able to put my dad at Emeritus at Cherry Hill for two months. It was a wonderful experience. They were very welcoming to my dad and very understanding of what his needs are. They really helped a lot.

Rey13 September 19, 2013

My sister is doing well at Emeritus. She's been living there for two months. The facility was cleaner compared to the others and it had the best activities. We're happy with everything there.

David41 September 11, 2013

Emeritus at Cherry Hill was a nice place, it was clean, and good-looking, but it was more expensive. It had no senior waiver and the facility just seemed smaller for more money.

I saw the dining room, which looked lovely. The grounds were spectacular. The gentleman, who was the executive director, walked me around. He was very nice too. Also, they seemed to encourage families to be there too. The day I was there, there were at least two or three families having dinner with their elders.

It looked like great spot, but elders, like Mom, are on limited income and it's very expensive here in the East. The senior waiver is a big deal.

nursemass May 11, 2012

Emeritus at Cherry Hill is an assisted living facility located in Danvers, MA. It is 10 minutes away from Massachusetts General Hospital. I don't work for this facility. I usually visit Emeritus several times a year to check on a senior resident. The gardens and lawns are well manicured. The building is well secured and staff is available 24hrs to assist residents with activities of daily living such as bathing and dressing. Home cooked meals are served three times a day. Staff interacts well with the senior resident I visit regularly. He has never complained about the services offered about Emeritus. He seems very comfortable. Emeritus is a place I can recommend to seniors searching for a home in the northshore area of Boston.

Richardsp February 24, 2012

Emeritus at cherry hill was an extremely nice facility. From the moment we walked in the door, everyone was extremely hospitable, however it seemed a lot more genuine then some of the attitudes at other places we visited. Not only were the people great, but the place seemed more like a nice hotel then an assisted living home. A lot of negative thoughts come about when talking about assisted living, however Emeritus seemed like a much happier place then I had originally expected.

drgwish3 January 09, 2012

I would highly recommend this Senior Care, Assisted Living, and Alzheimer's Care Home. When my family visited a neighbor living here, we felt welcomed and special. When you walk in, someone greets you and the Staff is very helpful and exceptional. Also, there is a fireplace and a Dining area when you walk in which is welcoming and inviting. The colors are pretty, carpets and areas were clean, aroma nice smelling. The place where my friend ate was very well taken care of with home cooked, hot food. In the dining area, there were fancy napkins, tablecloths, nice plates, dinnerware, etc. The entertainment area was very inviting as well. Very nice gardens and an area to walk around with new benches. Most everything looked new!

From Brookdale Danvers

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Danvers

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Danvers