The Gardens Danbury, CT

8 Glen Hill Road, Danbury, CT, 06811

Reviews of The Gardens | Danbury, CT

December 24, 2013

By Ron16

Everything's fine at The Gardens. I put my uncle there because it's close to where I live. It seems like in a nice, decent area of town. The rooms were decent-sized and big enough for my uncle. He has the room by himself, has his own bathroom, refrigerator, and it has adequate ventilation. I thought it was nice. Most of the staff are very helpful, attentive, and courteous. The food seemed pretty good, too. I've eaten there a number of times. They also had quite a few activities like sing-alongs, news in the mornings, mass for the Catholics on Saturdays, and bingo or movies a couple of times a week. However, maybe they could have a little bit of variety of food at times and to make the food not so big portions. Most seniors don't eat that much. My uncle also complained a little bit about they had too much pasta, not enough potatoes or not enough rice. The place was also small and only assisted living. They didn't have any dementia care or nursing home. They were in a separate building on another side of the street.

June 24, 2011

By KrisChronos

There is not too much that I can say about this particular facility. Upon visiting there was nothing that made me want to move right in, but in some ways it did have its charm. The friendly on site staff (which are there 24 hours) was comforting in case there was any problems if I were to stay there. On top of the on site staff, they did seem well trained. The things I did like were that if I were to stay there then I would have something like a custom living arrangement. The Price was affordable, and there were many amenities that were physically helpful. All in all the place is nice, but I would like to continue looking.

Photos of The Gardens

Features of The Gardens

• Pets: No Dogs. Cats And Birds Are Allowed

• State Licenses: AL-0054

About The Gardens

Welcome to The Gardens Assisted Living

The fifty private apartments of The Gardens lend to a home-like community environment. The freedom and privacy of living in your own home is combined with many amenities. These include personal care services, medication reminders and education from our Wellness Center, laundry, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, planned social activities and exercise program, religious services in our chapel, salon services, and gourmet meals in our gracious dining room or large country kitchen.

The Gardens offers spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments each with their own kitchenette which includes a full refrigerator/freezer. We strive to provide comfort and safety in each apartment which has a 24-hour call system, a private bathroom with large walk-in shower and grab bars, and individual heating and air conditioning controls.

Each apartment also has cable television service at no extra cost. The fully carpeted apartments are decorated with custom shades as window treatment for your privacy. All utilities, with the exception of telephone, are included in the monthly rent.

The Gardens also has available fully furnished apartments for respite stays, either while family members are away or as an opportunity to see if life at The Gardens is for you!

Here at The Gardens, we encourage residents to give us ideas about their recreational interests because this is their home and we want to add to their comfort and enjoyment. Our recreation program is filled with many interesting and varied activities from which to choose. Each week, residents enjoy coffee socials, exercise classes, Bingo, card games, challenging word games, painting classes and Wii games on our big-screen TV. We also offer regularly scheduled interdenominational services, musical entertainment and special events, such as antique car shows, pet therapy, wood working events, and Hawaiian Luau, complete with dancer.

We take out-trips to interesting places, such as local museums, plays, restaurants, seasonal sight-seeing tours, ice cream shops and in the summertime, we go to the City Center for different shows. We enjoy doing crafts, baking and gardening, and twice a month we have a non-denominational Bible Study.

To welcome new residents to our community, we have a monthly Welcome Tea Social. We also enjoy hearing suggestions from residents and their family members for additional recreational programming which can then be incorporated into our calendar. We are always open to new ideas!

Our residents are at a stage in their lives when they have the free time to socialize and enjoy activities. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere in which they can take advantage of a variety of activities and make choices which best meet their individual needs.

To see for yourself what The Gardens can add to your life, call to schedule a personal tour and complimentary lunch.

Map of The Gardens