Aegis of Dana Point

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Aegis of Dana Point

February 28, 2014

By drippy draws

Aegis of Dana Point was very nice. The facility looked very attractive. The furnishings and things like that were quite elegant. The dining room looked lovely. They did have tablecloths and they looked very fancy. They showed me the menu and it was probably very good food. I talked to somebody and he took me around. He was pleasant enough but I don't think that his general job is to do tours. Everything seemed nice, but I would have to go there several times to get a better feeling for the place. I didn't see activities going on except a few of the residents that were eating breakfast. Frankly I didn't like the facility as far as for dementia people, and since my husband does, that's a big consideration for me. They had them on the second floor where they could control the coming in and goings. However, I just felt that sometimes people would want to go out and get some fresh air. I myself would like to just be able to open the door and go outside. I don't have to go outside of the facility but there was no way of really getting out except on a little terrace. The thing that turned me off was the fact that people who had Alzheimer's or dementia didn't have a way of getting outdoors. It just really bothered me.

July 25, 2013

By caring0007

I visited Aegis of Dana Point and I think this facility is excellent. The rooms were beautiful. I think there staff are great. The location is great. They have a very nice ocean breeze. The residents looked healthy and happy.

November 07, 2012

By Fran Paider, MSW

Aegis of Dana Point offers care for residents who are mostly independent, as well as those in need of memory care. Their memory care program, named Life's Neighborhood, is unique and nationally recognized. My experience with clients that I have placed in this facility has been positive on every level, from the person who answers the phone and greets visitors in their beautiful entry to the care staff, who are well trained to assist patients at every level. The families of my clients are also pleased. As for amenities, Aegis has a secure courtyard with plenty of places to just sit and enjoy the ocean breezes (only a few blocks away) or to take a stroll. The food is excellent with multiple menu choices. The atmosphere is pleasant. The service is personal. They even offer delicious sugar free deserts. (I am 68 years old and often joke with the staff that I am ready to move in.) Residents are routinely re-evaluated by the nurse for level of care needs and the cost of care is adjusted both down and up with detailed explanation of behaviors/physical needs that require the change. I am not aware of any other facilities that adjust level of care and "reduce" the care costs (when residents improve) without requests and/or coaxing from families or social workers/case managers. The atmosphere of the entire facility is welcoming, friendly, laid-back and comfortable. Most of their staff are long-termers, which is a positive signal that the administration of the facility is good. They offer a variety of activities as well as parties for family, friends and the community.

Services & Amenities of Aegis of Dana Point

• Pets: All Pets

About Aegis of Dana Point

Aegis of Dana Point, CA, is a seaside community situated in a lovely historical neighborhood, 1/2 mile from spectacular ocean bluffs and yet conveniently located to shopping, churches and health care professionals. Our community has easy access to I-5 freeway and is just minutes away from the picturesque Dana Point Harbor, the quaint coastal town of San Capistrano and the pier at San Clemente.

Aegis of Dana Point offers 46 distinctive, beautifully appointed studio and one-bedroom apartments for seniors needing assisted living services. We also have 18 private studios in Life's Neighborhood, designed especially for seniors living with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia. All of these apartments surround a serene courtyard with a graceful fountain and flower-filled gardens reminiscent of a Monet painting.

Map of Aegis of Dana Point