Signature Pointe

14655 Preston Road, Dallas, TX, 75254

Reviews of Signature Pointe

Concerned son2 June 19, 2013

My mother fell and injured her head. She and I were told that this place was the best to recover. The staff is disorganized, hurried and appears to be disgruntled. I noticed pieces of toilet paper on the floor along with a toothpick. I took a pic of this and the next 3days they never were cleaned up. I wrote my initials on the label on the bed sheet and the sheets had not been removed for 3days. Then I was called and told my mom was "ok", they woke my mom at 4am to start a "line". Not knowing what a "line" was, I asked "why would you need to administer any of her medicines into her veins, she only takes two pills! The nurse was starting to give my mom SOMEONE ELSE'S medicine into a "line" in her hand!!!!

Mike a Favorite Nephew February 04, 2013

My Aunt was on the 4th floor in the Advanced Nursing Care part of the Facility, not a permanent resident. We had issues with the nursing staff not answering the alert signal, sometimes for 30 minutes. (the room was right next to the nurse's station) They would not come to help her to the bedside potty, and several times would leave her sitting alone on it - totally against the law due to possible injury from falls. We spoke with the Head Nurse who briefed the staff (we heard her) but the staff ignored her. We spoke with the Social Worker, the Head of Staff, and Tried to catch the director. We finally gave up and are having her moved to another facility due to the absence of attentiveness by the nursing staff and the fact we had communicated many concerns with several levels of supervision/management with no results. When we asked if she had been given any of her particular medications, the standard answer was "we don't know". Is it time for more Tylenol to help her fever, "we don't know". When someone comes from a hospital to their facility, you would think that they would take medicating more seriously. When we moved her, the room temperature was over 84 degrees. We also noted Picketers out front with signs saying that "they killed my mother". Like a previous review from 2 years ago stated - This Is Disconcerting. This may be a good place to live due to the furnishings and good food, but it is DEFINITELY NOT a place I would recommend for recovering from a hospital stay.

Michael F. October 20, 2011

Signature Pointe was very nice... and it had an awesome view of the park as well. Guests here were very independent, and were able to go walking on their own when they wanted to through the park. If they asked for someone to go with them, it could be arranged as well.

That, I like. Freedom with the option of assistance... If I were a client of an elderly caregiving facility, this is what I would like. This is nothing like the stereotypical nursing home facility... this is a more like an apartment for the elderly, where the apartment manager is on call for you 24/7.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone in the Dallas area looking for assistance for their elderly family member.

acstewart September 10, 2011

My stepdad's mother lived at this facility for a period of time. The facility was nice. The grounds were well kept. I did not have much interaction with the staff - the facility seemed to be geared towards residents that were mostly capable of somewhat independent living. Her room was nice - I would describe it as a studio apartment - a one bedroom with a small kitchen and a bathroom. Our family personally did not have any bad experiences with this facility. However, she ultimately needed a different type of care in a different environment. The only one thing that I would mention that was a little bit worrisome - one time when we went to visit, there were family members outside picketing/demonstrating with signs claiming that the facility was negligent in the care of their relative. I did not have any details regarding the particulars of their situation. However, it was still disconcerting to see.

About Signature Pointe

Signature Pointe is an assisted living facility in Dallas, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Signature Pointe for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Signature Pointe

• Spanish

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: Limited hours per week, Onsite 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Pets: No Pets

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

Location of Signature Pointe