Monticello West

5114 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, TX, 75205

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Monticello West

November 07, 2012

Monticello West seem nice. The rooms are quite small, but I knew my dad would want a bigger room. The people there seem happy and the common areas were very nice. It was a pretty place, but I knew quite early that it would not be a good place for my dad, primarily because it didn't meet my needs and what we're looking for. I didn't see anything that I thought was problematic. I think a lot of people are very happy there. I would recommend them.

April 13, 2012

By olgimer88

For Years my Grandmother had been extremely self-reliant, but as she got to around 90 years old, she became lost in her own home and sometimes disoriented around others. Finally the time came when it was clear she could not live on her own. My Father and his sisters checked all around Dallas and decided upon Monticello West assisted living in Dallas, TX on McKinney Ave. The place was beyond wonderful and the attendants and staff all seemed to take great pride in their jobs and truly cared for the residents. They made sure she had her favorite foods, magazines, etc, all of the things that meant "Home" to her. She had her own little apartment that really looked as if her living room had transported across town to this facility. She was happy and most importantly she was under the close watch of the attendants and the rest of the staff there. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and management at Monticello West in Dallas, TX. If another member of my family needed assisted living arrangements in later years I would not think twice about having them live at Monticello West.

November 17, 2011

By advocat

Kind attentive care, makes the residents feel like they are on vacation at a comfortable hotel.

May 06, 2011

By Kay Paggi

Other

This is a multiple level community just south of Mockingbird, near SMU. The majority of its residents are from the immediate neighborhoods of Highland Park and University Park. It's owned by a wonderful local company, Telesis!, who own and manage some of the best facilities in Dallas. The building is old and has been updated; it's appearance is gracious. The rooms are various sizes, most with small kitchenettes, some have a view of the inner courtyard. Monticello has residents who are independent, needing little assistance except meals and transportation. Most residents are in assisted living areas. The upper floors are for memory care and for those who need a great deal of assistance, just short of nursing home care. Monticello recently lost its long time activity director, a huge loss. The administrator and many of the staff have been there many years, so there is continuity of staff. For people with a certain background, this is almost ideal. The food is poor. Kay Paggi, GCM, LPC, CGC, MA, is in private practice as a geriatric care manager and is on the advisory board for the Emeritus Program at Richland College. She has worked with seniors for nearly 20 years as a licensed professional counselor, certified gerontological counselor, and certified geriatric care manager.

Photos of Monticello West

Features of Monticello West

• Pharma

About Monticello West

Monticello West is an assisted living facility in Dallas, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Monticello West for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Monticello West