Brookdale Preston

12400 Preston Road, Dallas, TX, 75230

Reviews of Brookdale Preston

Caring102035850 February 27, 2015

Brookdale was very nice. I liked it. It was fine, and nothing was wrong with it. I would use it if my mom was interested; however, our situation changed. They had excellent service.

Carol84831750 February 11, 2015

My mother's room was nice at Brookdale Preston. They were not very quick to do repairs when things were broken, and I did not appreciate that. The food looked better than what my mother said it tasted, but they always went to a lot of trouble with their meals. I hadn't tried them, but they were very nutritious, full meals. They had a lot of activities.

Jack25 August 26, 2014

We chose the Emeritus at Preston because of its location, the facility condition, and the people working there. The staff is excellent. They are very professional and polite and they really care for our needs. They are always very attentive to everything. The room is pretty spacious for just one person. My grandfather said the food is excellent and he loves it there. The dining room is very nicely set up and it looks like a banquet hall. They have an activity director who kind of brings in new stuff every day, so there are a lot of opportunities for activity. I like the fact that everything is provided and taken care of -- basically full service, like a hotel.

Caring84940850 July 27, 2014

We moved in once to Emeritus at Preston. It was very good. The people and the room were nice. They were helpful too. It was a really nice place.

Jan21 November 23, 2013

Emeritus at Preston did have a good environment. There were trees all around. They also have a big dining room. The residents there seemed happy and this facility has activities for them. They really try to get them involved in things. They even had a little memory class going on at the time of my visit. It appeared to be a very caring place and that's my impression; however, I just didn't think it was the right facility for my parents at the moment.

GrandmaBerry October 30, 2013

My parents moved last April at Emeritus at Preston. We chose this facility because they were able to provide the accommodation that my parents wanted. They wanted a two-room apartment with two bath and they were one of the few facilities who could provide that. It's a smaller place and a little more personal. Their rooms are nice and clean. There are no kitchens in any room. They do have a half refrigerator with no freezer and there is a microwave that must be provided by the facility. There are no other electrical appliances allowed for safety reasons. They don't allow any throw rugs on the floor because they can contribute to falls. They take pictures at dinner, they dance to the music, and everybody seems to have a pretty good time. They have a nice activity room with a full kitchen. They have a lot of outings with a bus coming there. They have a regular driver and they post the outings. They have a calendar for the whole month and then the post individual ones so that people can sign up for it. They also do shopping. My mother is blind, in a wheelchair and has Parkinson's, but there is always somebody that goes with her and helps her. She gets personal attention. The staff is very accommodating. The front desk staff and the dining staff are very nice.

Frank16 October 19, 2013

Emeritus at Preston was a marvelous place and the staff was great. I went on a rainy day and they just went out of their way. I liked the room they had there. It had a nice bedroom and a nice sitting area, plenty of closet space and a microwave oven. It was pretty roomy.

David44 September 25, 2013

Emeritus at Preston is a well-maintained facility. It is clean, spacious and laid out well. The rooms that we saw had been refurbished and re-painted for their new occupants.

Bill25 August 15, 2013

At Emeritus at Preston, their facilities were great and above everything else. I also visited this place for my wife. Their apartments were outstanding and above the norm. They had several different but very good floor plans to choose from. The staff was very active. Regarding activities, there was a lot of going on in this place. They played a lot of games and it seemed that they had activities every hour. The only problem I had with Emeritus was the location. It was too far away from where I was at.

mike angel June 02, 2013

I have a friend who lives at this community. Everytime I speak with her she is so happy she decided to move to this property. All she talks about is how her life has completly changed since moving to this community. She has made so many friends and her dog is loved by all the staff and residents. Every time I visit her she is always participating in some sort of activity. Im so happy that she has found a loving place she can call home.

Bruce Davidson May 31, 2013

My grandmother lives in this community, and absolutely loves it. The staff is warm and friendly, and attends to every need. There are plenty of fun activities, and she's always busy. We are very happy we found Emeritus, and would recommend it to anyone.

Caring0023 May 22, 2013

My parents chose Emeritus because it had the amenities they needed. The facility was very nice. The staff were more than happy to accommodate any special needs and seemed interested when they moved in. They had three meals in a day in the dining area. There was a wide range of activities for those who were able. They both seemed happier.

Donna Will November 17, 2012

I found this community delightful! It was well manicured and very sanitary. The smell was like being at home with my Yankee candles. The residents seemed very alert and happy. The staff appeared to be Johnny on the spot and friendly. The Director that assisted me was a very gentle, sweet spirited young woman. My overall experience was terrific. I haven't made up my mind for my mother-in-law just yet, but it is one of two that we are considering. I think it feels lovely. My mom would be very proud to entertain her guests here.

From Brookdale Preston

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Preston