Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

3344 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX, 75234

Reviews of Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

Laura114810250 November 28, 2015

Acadia meets all of my standards and meets what we need for price, which is why we chose it. Mom is legally blind and deaf so activities are limited for her. They have music, special nights for dinners, church service, and exercise classes. My mom has been there for a month. She seems to be happy with the food there. The staff is very good, attentive, and bring her food if she doesn’t want to go down to eat or if she doesn’t feel well. They look on her several times a day. They put her in a wheelchair if she doesn’t think she can walk. It’s a good situation. The rooms have individual refrigerators, cabinets, and sinks. It looks like a little apartment. The management is exceptional. I would recommend Acadia to anybody because it’s a good place.

Caring112682150 August 31, 2015

Acadia was very nice and very clean. The rooms were spacious. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend it to others.

Caring106121050 April 27, 2015

Acadia is nice and small. It looks like you got more of their attention there than some of the bigger places. It's a little far out from where I live, but the good thing is if you live from out of town you can go there for a week, so it's pretty good. The staff seem to be pretty attentive. They showed us around, went to all the different places, and gave us the detailed tour. The rooms are large and had a lot of space. I thought it was a very good tour. They did have exercises, which I thought was nice.

Carolyn95546350 October 18, 2014

Acadia is absolutely fabulous. They are taking really good care of my mother. Everyone that I've met has been super helpful and knowledgeable. Assisted living is a huge change for someone who had their home for years and years, so they are helping her adjust and I couldn't be happier. The only suggestion is, I would like to receive an activities' calendar, but I could probably go online and get that. I would also like to receive more feedback from the caregivers and the doctor, but I am not the power-of-attorney for my mom; my brother is, so he is probably receiving more information. I wish there was some online kind of feedback where I could just go and the caregivers would enter a little bit of information and I could just go and read it or send some information back to them. I would like more communication, I think. I just wish there was something in place, but I realize they have so many patients there. I really can't find anything that I have found unsatisfactory.

Caring73933550 November 28, 2013

The meals at Bentley Manor were really nice. The facility was also nice. The staff was friendly, but what I didn’t like about it is that you almost have to go somewhere else to do anything. Their exercise room had one little machine. To go swimming you have to go to the YMCA and they didn’t provide transportation to church. They have the usual activities going on like they have entertainments come in and they also play cards.

Priscilla4 September 27, 2013

We moved in to Acadia. The facility is clean and the staff are very helpful. We like the food, but I think they just need to serve a little more fresh fruits and vegetables. We also like their activities.

Mary61030850 June 07, 2013

At Acadia, the staff were very nice and helpful. We had a delicious lunch there. The residents eating with us were very nice and conversant. It felt like we were like everybody else. My husband said he felt good being there. One thing I don't like about the place was the area. It's old and a little scary. The neighborhood has changed quite a bit. If my husband was there by himself and I went to visit him, it's an area I don't feel comfortable going after dark. It's also further from where we lived.

caring0314113 March 29, 2013

I visited Acadia several times and I have not seen anything wrong about the place or its staff. They were always nice, and their dining room was very nice.

Michael F. October 19, 2011

Bentley Manor Assisted Living is a very nice facility in Dallas. It is located in a great area of Dallas too... Forest Lane has beautiful parks within 10 blocks of the building - and also on the DART bus line for when the clients want to go shopping etc. with their caregiver's assistance.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - it didn't seem like a "job" to them - but more like something that they enjoyed. The clients seemed content and happy as well; which is of course, the most important part.

The caregivers were playing cards and doing crafts with the clients, and the food smelled excellent. It was most definitely not "typical nursing home" food.

I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone in the North Dallas / Farmers Branch area.

About Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care is an assisted living facility in Dallas, TX that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra $1600 Community Fee, Companion Suites In M/C Only, $500 Pet Deposit + $10/Mo. M/C Is All Inclusive A/L + Care Costs $650 Second Person Fee

• Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites