Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

3344 Forest Lane, Dallas, TX, 75234

Reviews of Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

Caring112682150 August 31, 2015

Acadia was very nice and very clean. The rooms were spacious. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend it to others.

Caring106121050 April 27, 2015

Acadia is nice and small. It looks like you got more of their attention there than some of the bigger places. It's a little far out from where I live, but the good thing is if you live from out of town you can go there for a week, so it's pretty good. The staff seem to be pretty attentive. They showed us around, went to all the different places, and gave us the detailed tour. The rooms are large and had a lot of space. I thought it was a very good tour. They did have exercises, which I thought was nice.

Carolyn95546350 October 18, 2014

Acadia is absolutely fabulous. They are taking really good care of my mother. Everyone that I've met has been super helpful and knowledgeable. Assisted living is a huge change for someone who had their home for years and years, so they are helping her adjust and I couldn't be happier. The only suggestion is, I would like to receive an activities' calendar, but I could probably go online and get that. I would also like to receive more feedback from the caregivers and the doctor, but I am not the power-of-attorney for my mom; my brother is, so he is probably receiving more information. I wish there was some online kind of feedback where I could just go and the caregivers would enter a little bit of information and I could just go and read it or send some information back to them. I would like more communication, I think. I just wish there was something in place, but I realize they have so many patients there. I really can't find anything that I have found unsatisfactory.

Priscilla4 September 27, 2013

We moved in to Acadia. The facility is clean and the staff are very helpful. We like the food, but I think they just need to serve a little more fresh fruits and vegetables. We also like their activities.

Mary61030850 June 07, 2013

At Acadia, the staff were very nice and helpful. We had a delicious lunch there. The residents eating with us were very nice and conversant. It felt like we were like everybody else. My husband said he felt good being there. One thing I don't like about the place was the area. It's old and a little scary. The neighborhood has changed quite a bit. If my husband was there by himself and I went to visit him, it's an area I don't feel comfortable going after dark. It's also further from where we lived.

caring0314113 March 29, 2013

I visited Acadia several times and I have not seen anything wrong about the place or its staff. They were always nice, and their dining room was very nice.

Michael F. October 19, 2011

Bentley Manor Assisted Living is a very nice facility in Dallas. It is located in a great area of Dallas too... Forest Lane has beautiful parks within 10 blocks of the building - and also on the DART bus line for when the clients want to go shopping etc. with their caregiver's assistance.

The staff were very friendly and helpful - it didn't seem like a "job" to them - but more like something that they enjoyed. The clients seemed content and happy as well; which is of course, the most important part.

The caregivers were playing cards and doing crafts with the clients, and the food smelled excellent. It was most definitely not "typical nursing home" food.

I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone in the North Dallas / Farmers Branch area.

From Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

Acadia is beautifully designed with spacious common areas to enjoy with family and friends. Three delicious chef-prepared meals are served daily in our gracious dining room by a cheerful and friendly staff. Caring on site staff is also available day and night and emergency call systems are in every suite. We also have pendants available. Other amenities include maintenance and housekeeping services, transportation to and from appointments and shopping, and weekly linen service.

Activities are an integral part of the Acadia lifestyle. We promote an active adult lifestyle by offering a variety of intellectual, cultural, and recreational activities including an exciting wellness and fitness program, creative writing classes, gardening and book clubs, table games, and planned outings to go shopping, visit museums and galleries, or take in concerts and theater performances. We often have live entertainers visit at Acadia for everyone to enjoy. We have weekly movies shown on our wide-screen TV with refreshments included.

Unique Features:

• Nurse on duty from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. and on-call other times
  • Therapy services available
  • 3 pull cords in each apartment tied in to staff phones/pagers
  • Variety of Personal Services available

Acadia Assisted Living located in beautiful Dallas, Texas, combines the care seniors need, the convenience they value, and the independence they cherish.

Features of Acadia Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: $1600 Community Fee, Companion suites in M/C only, $500 pet deposit + $10/mo.-M/C is all inclusive - A/L + care costs - $650 second person fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,600/month