Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

4960 Jot Em Down Road, Cumming, GA, 30041

Reviews of Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

Stephen1954 January 05, 2015

My mother moved in to the community and from the first day she was treated with exceptional love and care. the staff was professional and attentive to her needs. The services available to my mother were outstanding. The management team was accessible and supportive in every way possible. I highly recommend Gracemont as a place to move your loved one that needs assisted living or memory care support. whenmy mother mother passed away the community worked well to coordinate with hospice and ensured dignity for her. Thank you to the staff for the care they provided.

Holly18 December 06, 2014

My father-in-law has a one-bedroom apartment at Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care, and he has been there for two months. It is clean, and it didn't smell like urine. It has a lake in the middle of it, and it is very serene. He feels like he is not closed in. The grounds are well kept. He has cerebral palsy, and it is large enough that he could move around in his power wheelchair. It has a roll in shower, and he can also get into his closet. The people were friendly. The food was good, which he loves. They do a physical activity in the morning, and they have projects that they work on. They made wreaths for the doors for the holidays. He actually bakes with the ladies. They have a library that he can go into and they watch the races and football games together. One of the biggest things that stand out is with him having cerebral palsy, they gave him a lot of his independence back. When we went for the interview, the head nurse took time to talk to me and my husband. She was able to straighten out his medication because we were having trouble with the other pharmacy. So to me, getting the billing straightened out and the way they were ordering the medicine was a good idea, it worked wonderfully. They are allowed a lot of free movement, which I think is good. They do take them places.

Caring37741 October 07, 2014

Gracemont was a convenient location; it was only 8 miles from our home. It was as good as the other places. My parents-in-law moved in there about a month ago. The whole place is very nice too. They have available selections of rooms. I had several meals there and the food was basically good. The grounds were well-kept. The staff was very helpful and friendly. There’s exercise in the morning, a walking club, and they go on trips to restaurants and sightseeing trips.

John J August 28, 2014

My grandmother is in care at this facility currently and I just completed visiting her daily for the past week, including the weekends. The quality of care being provided exceeded my expectations by far and deserves to be recognized.

During this time period, I had the pleasure of being able to interact with a cluster of staff at varying levels and performing very different functions. I continued to be impressed with all the staff members I was able to interact with at all levels.

I found the nursing staff to be courteous, attentive, and compassionate in terms of the various services they are providing daily to your client population. They have quite a stressful challenge and appear to deal w/ it successfully w/ patience, commitment, and compassion. Not only are the nursing staff responsible for the minute to minute medical care that the clients require , they also have to assist w/ meal activities in a very active manner.

In closing, needless to say, I was beyond impressed w/ the quality of care being delivered at this facility; I found the surroundings, the staff, and the quality of care to be exceptional. You all should feel very proud of what you are doing to nurture our elder community.

bkiesling August 05, 2014

I visited a loved one over the Memorial Day weekend, and i could not believe the change in the place since the new owners have taken over. The place was not as clean as it used to be, trash was not taken out, the room smelled of urine and the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in days. Food was left in the room from the day before, and my loved one hadn't had a shower in several days. It was awful. I would not recommend this place anyone. We have moved our loved one out of there.

LREDDEN August 01, 2014

When you walk into Gracemount it takes your breath away, but the care they have there will choke you. My mother was in there for many years, and hated the last years due to lack of care, compassion, and went many HOURS without water. She laid in here own urine until someone could take care of it. If assistance was needed during lunch, just forget it. There is no extra help. When she was given medicine ,it was not by an R.N she was just a worker. Please, all I ask of others, is to ask questions. (1) What are the titles of the personnel taking care of your family member (2) How often are they check on (3) How often does their rooms get cleaned (4) Will they lay there for hours without water or any assistance (5) Are the request of the family members wrote down and follow thru with. (6) How are complaints handled in company.(7) What are the hidden charges ex: Taking the food tray to my stepfather, who was right there by the cafteria, was charged and extra fee. PLEASE REMEMBER DO NOT LET THE BEAUTY BLIND YOU OF WHAT REALLY GOES ON INSIDE GRACEMOUNT WITH LOVE ONES.
God Bless our Elderly they deserve more respect than this.

Kieslingk July 07, 2014

Please do not put your loved one in this facility. They are so under staffed. The rooms are not kept clean, the food is terrible and it smells of urine when you walk into the front door. We found my mother's medication on the floor, trays were left in her room, trash wasn't taken out, and on more than one occasion we could not find anyone to help us for more than an hour. The new owners do not seem to be putting the needs of their residents first. We will be moving our father out of there. Please do not be fooled by the outside.

Jennifer Heinrichs July 02, 2014

This place is a nightmare ! It is beautiful on the outside but on the inside its awful. My mother died at this facility last year. She suffered so much because of all the errors they made. She deserved to have a more peaceful death. Ever since Five Star took over the place really went down. They have lost so many staff members and residents because of the terrible care or I should say lack of care given to the residents. I pray that no other family will experience what we had to. Please please consider another facility.

resident family member March 28, 2013

While the facility itself is very nice, the care residents recieve is not so desirable. CNA's can be very insensitive to residents. Staff appears to be very concerned as to family members concerns, but the staff does not follow through with addressing problems that arise when brought to their attention. Wrong medications have been given to residents as well as not given at times medications should have been given. I feel this facility could be one of the best if enough caregivers and staff were hired to do the necessary care giving to the residents. Family of residents need to visible most of the time in order for residents to receive care they deserve.

Concerned Social Worker August 05, 2011

This facility is brand new "” opened in 2011 "” and feels up to date and pristine. It is has about 40 rooms altogether, for residents who need assisted living and memory care. It also offers senior day programs and respite care.

It's located on 10 acres of land out in the country with a private lake. Residents can do their own gardening if they want. There are also walking paths and nice places to sit outside. Even though the facility is located out in the country, it is close to many conveniences including the outlet malls, movies, and restaurants.

The stucco building feels very homey; there are no odors about the place. As soon as you come in, there are friendly staff members to help you find the way or answer any questions you have.

There is a memory care unit, locked with a keypad. Within that, the care and layout becomes more specialized depending on level of competency. They are doing a lot more with memory activation through reminiscence therapy"”such as playing and singing songs residents can remember from their youth. And there is very good hands-on care there.

The dining room is restaurant style, with a choice of options on the daily menu. The food is good and homey"”and the residents seem to enjoy it.

A nice touch is a private party room for residents who want to host their own gatherings. There is a chaplain onsite and a number of activities are offered. There is also a beauty shop onsite.

The care is very good. The staff is properly trained, and relates well to the residents.

Cost is based on room size, with the smallest units being 200 square feet; medium 400 square feet; larger units 580 square feet. There is no extra cost for amenities, but the charge is according to room plan.

From Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care offers compassionate senior care in Cumming, GA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Gracemont shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Cumming, GA.

Features of Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,195/month

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 12
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Gracemont Assisted Living and Memory Care