Brookdale Cumberland

10 Old Diamond Hill Road, Cumberland, RI, 02864

Reviews of Brookdale Cumberland

altpress August 04, 2014

My parents are leaving this facility after having lived there for two years. As a for-profit company that has been sold several times, it has been cutting costs (services!), raising rents, and there has been major staff turnover. The final straw is that recently my mother was given double the prescribed amount of blood pressure medication, and it was impossible to determine how long this had been going on, as the company would not comply with our requests for an audit. They DID admit that 60 of her pills were missing. We are moving the folks to another facility.

doobrams June 20, 2014

My mom has lived there indepentently for 10 years. The facility is immaculate and has remained that way. There is very little turnover and the employees are trustworthy. That says a lot. Mom does not always like the food but it is a wonderful, clean, positive, safe place...and I thank God for it!

Caring84246750 April 23, 2014

I had visited Emerald Bay. I liked its proximity to where I lived, which was like a mile away. It was very clean and beautiful. The employees were very nice. I had nothing negative to say, and there's nothing not to like about it. They were great. The rooms I saw were very nice. It was small, but it was probably OK for one person. They day I visited, they were kind of doing some exercise on their chairs, and I was invited to some music activity.

Joyce32 April 10, 2014

My mom is in Emerald Bay Retirement Living, and it has been great so far. We chose it because of its location. It is close to us. The staff is excellent. They are all very nice. The rooms are very nice. The other thing is that my mom's room has a little kitchenette. So even though they don't cook there, it gives the appearance of a little kitchenette, and she likes that because she feels like it doesn't look just like a room and it looks more like a home. It also has a cabinet. The food is good. They have activities, and my mom participates in bingo, rosary, and reading. They also have speakers who come, and they have some shows. It's very nice, and I think it's great. I like that she's happy there because they are very caring.

Alice15 December 31, 2013

Emerald Bay Manor was very nice. They have both independent and assisted living. The staff was excellent and they're all very nice. I have no suggestions for them because they have all the bases covered and if I have to go in there myself, I would go there. I was very impressed!

Margaret31 December 24, 2013

I'm going to Emerald Bay. They have a one-bedroom suite right now and I have agreed to take it. Hopefully, by the end of January or first part of February, I would be able to move in there. I like that everybody there was so friendly and the residents were so happy. They're very cordial and welcomed me and everything. The staff was excellent. The lady I worked with could not have been nicer to me and more helpful and is still helping me. When I made my first visit there, the chef had baked pumpkin bread and they gave me a loaf of it and it was excellent. In terms of location, it was three minutes away from the church I would be going to. The facility has amenities like they have an indoor pool, they would take care of your car if it snows, and just so many little things. When I visited Emerald Bay, they told me everything. Unlike with the two other places I went to, I had to weed it out information from them to a certain degree.

Randy8 November 27, 2013

We went for a tour at Emerald Bay for my parents. They don’t have a full kitchen, they provide the meals. It's a nice facility and I can recommend this as a good place.

Marcia9 September 29, 2013

We liked everything about Emerald Bay. We're very impressed with it. It was lovely and very clean. The staff who showed us around did a wonderful job. He called everybody by name. There was no model apartment available that was uninhabited, so one nice lady showed us her place. She was very hospitable. Her apartment was very well taken care of, it was cheery-looking and it had a lot of spaces available. In Emerald Bay, there was just a very good feeling about everything. People all seemed happy being there.

John22 December 27, 2012

The rooms are bigger in Emerald Bay than other places. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

From Brookdale Cumberland

Brookdale Cumberland provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Cumberland

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): ALR01475