The Fountains at Crystal Lake

965 North Brighton Circle West, Crystal Lake, IL, 60012

Reviews of The Fountains at Crystal Lake

Christine116983350 November 30, 2015

My dad moved to The Fountains. It is superb. It’s also close to my brother. They have a Bridge group, they have nice speakers that would come in on various topics, they have special dinners to which they invite family, and even candlelight dinners on special events.

Chris115498950 October 29, 2015

The Fountains is nice. The rooms are real clean and nice but a little on the expensive side. The staff is very nice. There’s a dining area, an activities area, and a workout room.

Caring114994650 October 28, 2015

My mother is staying at The Fountains At Crystal Lake. It is a very nice facility, but it's about 50 percent out of my price range. It is also basically in the middle of nowhere. The facilities are wonderful; however, they still have a lot of learning to do. They made some mistakes in their customer service. They have to focus a little bit more on their staff training and teach their staff that they are staff and not prison wardens, that when a customer says something, you have to listen to them and not argue against them.

Sherie2 July 21, 2015

The Fountains At Crystal Lake was just as nice as the other ones. They were pet-friendly, which was nice. The drawback for me on this one was its location compared to where I live or where my mother was living. It was not as convenient as the one in Palatine or as the one in South Elgin, but for the amenities, it was a five star. It was clean, the staff was wonderful -- all of that.

Caring104670450 June 11, 2015

My friend moves to The Fountains. They are very patient. Everything worked out for my friend. He likes the place. He is in a studio, and it is kind of an L-shape, so it has lots of windows and light. The dining room is clean and spacious. The food is good.The placed seemed very secure. He goes to church every Sunday, and they take him. I think he is very happy there.

Mollie4 May 16, 2015

We went to The Fountains at Crystal Lake, but it was a while back, and I don't remember too much about it. I had it down as a possibility, so it must have been good. Everything there was fine and friendly. We met with the residents; a lot of them spoke to you, and everybody seems to be very friendly. The room seems to be good as well.

Leonard7 April 23, 2015

I visited The Fountains about three weeks ago, and the person who spoke with us -- she is the one who makes arrangements -- was very friendly and showed us two or three rooms. The room is not something my wife and I would want, but it is set back and very nice. They don’t get the traffic noise. It was very bright. The area where people stay was very bright and cheery. That’s the very first thing you see when you come in, and from that standpoint it’s very nice. They have bingo, cards, and physical activities; I passed the room where they had exercises.

Therese3 November 29, 2014

The fountains of Crystal Lake is expensive, and there is an extra charge for medications. Residents can come and go, but they’re secure. There’s six floors with a nursing station on each floor. They have long hallways you have to walk, and I don’t like that. They need a scooter for somebody that cannot walk far.

Caring76431 September 30, 2014

The Fountains at Crystal Lake is the only place that would accept my husband. I go visit him every week. They make an exception for him because he’s 60. The room they originally gave him was super expensive and not upgraded. They said they have another room that was cheaper and they’re going to help him move, but the room was not even ready and was absolutely filthy. They said they’re not going to charge for rent for the things, but my husband had a bill. They charged me for the day I moved in his stuff. That was storage for God’s sake! That was not even in a room. I asked one of the staff members if my husband would be charged for bringing in the furniture a week earlier and she said absolutely not.

They also said that he was going to need some level 2 care, and that needs somebody with him every time he stands up. Well, he’s fallen twice there. That’s because he had a nurse in the room but they were not watching him. They made me sign all these papers and said they’re not responsible for him falling; he’s going to fall. Then don’t charge him if the nurse is just going to stand there and watch him fall. He didn’t want somebody in the shower with him, but who cares. This is what he’s paying for. Somebody has to be there, but she was outside the door. What good will that do to him? He could have killed himself in there.

I don’t think they’re encouraging him out of his wheelchair. He needs to be rehabbing his hip. They said they’re going to charge him $800 for managing his medication. He takes 3 pills a day and he manages his medication just fine, which by the way they didn’t tell my son nor I of any additional fees as far as care. They just quoted us of the price of the room and said it included everything. They didn’t disclose $1,500 more on top of the $2,400 they quoted me and there’s another $800 on top of that. He complains about the food constantly, and it's awful. The food, the care (he’s not getting immediate care), and the disclosure of price should be improved.

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize that your experience didn’t live up to your (or our) expectations. Your satisfaction and your husband’s health and happiness are top priorities. I would appreciate it if you could call me at your convenience to discuss the details of your experience so we can address your concerns. Sincerely, Mike Gamache, Executive Director

omasons416 September 22, 2014

My mother has been a resident of the Fountains since June, 2010 (Since August, 2010 in the memory care unit known as the Gardens). I couldn't be happier with her care here as the staff and the fellow residents have become like family to her. She has dementia and is always happy when I get there. She is well taken care of with appetizing food for her to eat. Being in a large secured area with many people to socialize with, she has plenty of company and not be able to wander off like she would in nursing homes without a secured area. I am thankful for being able to find a place that takes such good care of her. I know this because I visit her often. I give it 5 stars.

Caring78757850 March 28, 2014

The Fountains at Crystal Lake was an older facility, but it was kept up very well. It was one of the first ones that was recommended to us. My mother was to move there on March 15th. She was to move into a one-bedroom apartment that seemed quite large and airy. There was a very small kitchen area so that if she felt like making herself a snack or a cup of soup, she would have the ability to do that. Overall I like the grounds and the people who work there; they seemed very pleasant. Everyone there who we spoke to seemed to be very, very caring. I was there with my sister and it got late in the day, so we just stayed for dinner on very short notice. I had something off the menu, but my sister didn't really see anything that she liked at the main menu, so they offered her alternative meals. It seemed like there was always a fish dish, a beef dish, etc. There had a very nice selection of foods for the day. The food was very good too. There is a huge selection of activities. They have the usual bingo and things like that. They also have shopping trips, I believe, like three days a week. All you do is sign up. Church is very important to my mother, and as long as her church is within 10 miles of the facility, they could take her to church on Sundays. They have something called Watermark University, and that is a collection of events that happen quarterly. It is actually a booklet that they publish. You can cook with one of the individuals who comes in and make Italian meatballs. You can go to "Foods for Thoughts," and it is a nutrition class for senior adults.

Judith17 November 28, 2013

The Fountains was nice. It was a beautiful place. But I was not fond of the section where my mother would go because it had a nursing home smell. However, the lady that I talked to was very nice and any question that I had, she answered fully. I would recommend them to others.

Caring73816750 November 27, 2013

My parents are at The Fountains at Crystal Lake. When I was there, the staff were very friendly. In speaking with my dad probably the first week and a half he thought the food was very good and now it's cold – it's not as hot as it should be. My mom participates more than my dad does so she seems to find things to do.

Caring71986950 October 15, 2013

The Fountains at Crystal Lake is a good facility, but it's too far from where we wanted. The facility is big which means it would be hard to get around for mom. They handle meals better and they seemed to have more things or activities going on. The staff were helpful and friendly. They have card games, movies, and drives. I think the food was pretty good.

Barbim42 September 29, 2013

I was not impressed with The Fountains. I didn't like the layout of any of the rooms. They were very old and the place needed remodeling. The people and the staff were very nice. We had lunch there and it was okay. There was nothing special with the amenities. I wasn't that impressed with it.

paint August 27, 2013

Beautiful community and the sttaff was very helpful. I was impressed with how happy everyone seemed to be.

Sandy15 June 26, 2013

The Fountains is beautiful. It's set back in a tree-surrounded area and the grounds are beautiful. The staff are very friendly, open and helpful. The apartments are nicely spaced for people to be able to feel comfortable as if they are at home. The residents seemed to enjoy the food there. They have about everything seniors would be looking for in activities and facilities. I would absolutely recommend this to others.

Phillip2 April 26, 2013

I chose The Fountains at Crystal Lake because it was close to my house and work. It also had everything we needed. The food was excellent. They were very accommodating, and it was not like a cafeteria style dining area. A waiter came and took the orders as well as served them. They used table cloths, table napkins, china and utensils just like in the restaurants. The staff were caring, cheerful and helpful. The place was recently remodeled so it was fresh and bright. It would be nice if they had a swimming pool where the residents could do some exercise.

Fred4 March 19, 2013

I like The Fountains' location as much as anything. It's clean and friendly. My son and daughter-in-law live fairly close. My wife is 85, and has no idea who I am. I'm struggling to look after her. I can no longer cope. She has no idea where she is. At least I'd feel more comfortable before I go bankrupt that she was in somewhere reasonable.

BrianK March 13, 2013

We found a good place for mom before she passed last December. The Fountains at Crystal Lake was a really nice place. The staff was very caring, the facility was spotless, and they really had everything done nicely. I didn't really like the food. But other than that it's a great place and I would recommend them for sure.

missfangula October 25, 2012

I greatly enjoyed my time volunteering at the Fountains. I found the workers there to be caring and attentive ot the needs of the senior citizens. The facilities were clean and well taken care of, and there was even a dog that kept the seniors entertained, and fresh flowers every day. I saw on many occasions events held for the seniors such as a party or a seasonal banquet, and there were tour buses each weekend that took the senior citizens to see the world outside of their community.

clubkeller August 02, 2011

I searched all nearby choices when my dad changed drastically after heart surgery and needed daily help. The Fountain's is set out in the country so it is self contained and it's huge inside. The staff is personable and knows every resident by name. My dad loves this place and enjoys the happy hour at 4pm daily. Yes, he and fellow residence can have 1 beer or 1 wine before dinner. There is a daily calendar with scheduled events, bus service to outtings and medical appointments. The services adjust according to his needs. Even though my dad has dementia he has such geat care that he's very happy and very active

From The Fountains at Crystal Lake

A rental community with no large entrance fee, The Fountains at Crystal Lake in Crystal Lake offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing on a idyllic campus with a four-acre garden for vegetables, flowers and herbs and dotted with numerous paths and nature trails. Community members enjoy meals served restaurant-style in the Savoy Dining Room. The Pub features a fireplace, billiards table, mahogany English bar, big screen TV. We know that challenging our brains and getting in better physical shape has enormous benefits at every age, and The Fountains at Crystal Lake offers an ongoing course schedule of mind-expanding and body-toning classes through Watermark University. A Watermark retirement community.

The Fountains at Crystal Lake Ameneties

• The Dickens Room, our well-stocked library
  • The Brighton Room for performances, movies and lectures
  • Savoy Dining Room
  • The King Arthur Room for cards, entertaining and more
  • Arts and crafts and woodworking in The Cambridge Room
  • Computer Center
  • The Pub features a fireplace, billiards table, mahogany English bar, big screen TV and more
  • Television and music lounges
  • Well-lighted, convenient parking
  • Complimentary washers and dryers
  • Wellness Center
  • The Camelot Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
  • Country Store
  • On-site full-service bank
  • Central mail room and private mail boxes
  • Non-denominational chapel
  • Therapeutic four-acre garden for vegetables, flowers and herbs
  • Numerous paths and nature trails
  • Indoor and outdoor gardening

The Fountains at Crystal Lake Services

• Breakfast, lunch and dinner served restaurant-style each day, in our Savoy Dining Room overlooking deer-filled woods
  • Bi-weekly housekeeping of your apartment
  • Variety of stimulating social, educational, cultural, recreational and spiritual programs
  • Lifeline phone system
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Move-in coordination service
  • 24-hour staffing
  • Fitness programs include regularly scheduled exercise classes, theraband groups and walking programs
  • Preventative health screenings
  • Fitness lectures
  • Alternative medicine programs such as massage therapy, tai chi and yoga
  • Access to a variety of health services in our Wellness Center
  • Complete apartment maintenance, including plumbing and major appliances
  • Building maintenance, groundskeeping and landscaping services

Location of The Fountains at Crystal Lake