Bickford of Crystal Lake

717 McHenry Ave., Crystal Lake, IL, 60014

Reviews of Bickford of Crystal Lake

January 26, 2016

By Julie118960050

The rooms at Bickford Crystal Lake were a little small. It was more geared towards assisted living with a lot of nursing care, and not so much independent living. Price wise, they were competitive. The staff was very nice, and very accommodating.

March 18, 2014

My mom moved to Bickford. It was a very nice facility and the administrator and staff were all very nice. They made my mother feel very much at home. The dining room is nice and my mother said the food tastes great.

September 10, 2012

By querencia

I visited this facility with my grand son, who is 23 years old. He gives the information I glean from these visits a slightly different perspective, and is most helpful. This is without doubt one of the most charming facilities I have visited. It is definitely on my "short list" of facilities in which I would like to live. Crystal Lake is in a truly lovely area of Illinois. There are other assisted living facilities in the area, although I do not know if they interact. There are also nature preserves, walking paths, and everything a nature lover like me could wish for. It is also fairly close to a private airport, for ease of visiting. It is not near any of the more "cosmopolitan" activities that I enjoy, such as theater and opera--museums, art galleries--but from talking with the residents, the staff is willing, able and quite pleased to arrange for the residents to attend any activities they want to. The facilities itself is what most impressed me. It seemed that there was a kind of cameraderie between and among the staff, the caretakers and the residents that I have not previously encountred. I found it very relaxing and pleasant. There are no rigid rules or curfews--there are snacks available and a kind of cafe open 24 hours, from what my grandson learned in talking with some of the elderly gentlemen. The individual "apartments" are equally pleasant and homey. From what the residents I spoke with said, staff and care takers are always available, and the facility is overall what I can only call a "happy place" for everyone there. Definitely on my A list.

August 14, 2012

By Lorine1

Bickford has a beautiful building, only about 4 years old. It has very attractive grounds. The residents maintain it themselves. The rooms are very nice and have a kitchenette inside. The meal that we ate there was good. I only ate there once but we enjoyed the food. I see the staff were joking around with the residents there and interacting with them, which is good. They seem to have a very positive atmosphere there. Right now, we're getting a lot of resistance from my parents-in-law. They don't feel like they needed any help. We actually pursued with my mother-in-law. She has homecare insurance and she was evaluated by a nurse from her insurance company. The nurse said that she does not have enough memory loss to put herself in danger. What we're doing now is that we're kind of a holding pattern waiting for some precipitating event to help them realize that they really need some help.

June 17, 2009

By JML

This facility is beautiful, and the staff are wonderful. The philosophy is one that is unmatched in the industry. The facility is clean, quiet, with professional, caring staff. The administration is hands on.

Photos of Bickford of Crystal Lake

Services & Amenities of Bickford of Crystal Lake

• Minimum Memory Cost: $3782/month

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Bickford of Crystal Lake

Welcome to Bickford Of Crystal Lake, one of Illinois's premier assisted living and memory care communities! Bickford Of Crystal Lake is conveniently located on 717 McHenry Ave., so please, stop on by any time. We invite you in and welcome you home to our Illinois senior living community.

At Bickford Of Crystal Lake, we offer premier memory care and assisted living services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents at Bickford Of Crystal Lake. Each resident of our Illinois assisted living home is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner in which they wish for them to be met. At our Crystal Lake senior community, we also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. That's why our Alzheimer's care community strives to make every activity intentional and personally driven by each individual's life story.

Nothing can replace home - this we know at Bickford Of Crystal Lake. The smells that waft through the open door, the tattered edges of the overstuffed chair in the living room, the faded photographs on the mantle, the memories...lifetimes are built on these things; happiness dwells in them. At Bickford Of Crystal Lake assisted living in Illinois, we don't ask you to give up your home, your treasures, your memories. Instead, we want you to bring the pieces of the home you love into our Illinois assisted living and memory care community and make it yours.

Map of Bickford of Crystal Lake