Sunrise of Cresskill

4 Tenakill Park Drive, East, Cresskill, NJ, 07626

Reviews of Sunrise of Cresskill

Caring104541650 April 30, 2015

The person in charge of the registration was pleasant. It was a beautiful place. The activities that they had were good. I like the inside of the place.

disappointed daughter#4 February 21, 2015

My mother has lived at Sunrise Cresskill for almost 4 years. The facility is homey, clean and attractive and she receives loving and capable care. Staff is very friendly and kind. Doctors who come in are professional and caring. Their quarterly family nights are nice events where families of residents are invited to share refreshments and socialize. Down sides: mom is not crazy about the food, and though she is not one to take advantage of many activities, those offered seem a little lame and redundant to me (don't let the promotional materials fool you.) I feel they could do a much better job in facilitating interaction and friendship among the residents. As with any facility like this, hired staff is no substitute for the attention and care of family members, so you need to be in seeing things for yourself and communicating about your loved one's care needs.. For an active senior it would probably be a little boring, but overall the residents here seem satisfied and well cared for.

Jim W May 17, 2012

We think this facility is very pleasant and it seemed like a community and not just any nice and fancy apartment for older people, but actually a community.

I like the size of the apartment and the feeling that it was more like an "apartment" rather than a senior living community and it's nice living condition. It's nicely appointed, nice hallways and materials and all smelled good. The way it would have been in any nice home, but at the same time a dining room that was appealing. You can congregate all of the people and feel you are part of a group,part of a community. The laundry service picks up the laundry at the door of your apartment and takes care of it for you. My father is used to kind of pretty fancy condo in Florida and then the country club, so it has to be something that he would feel like it has more of what he's had. This is why we chose this community and i would recommend this to others as well.

creskillian April 05, 2012

I felt like the place here was similar to college dorms. Grandparents would live in a single room for privacy and everyone would meet up at the living room and etc. IT was warm environment, however as a typical nursing homes, everything was relaxed and boring. Some volunteers and workers tried to make it fun and interesting but they just end up taking care of the people in needs. Anyway it is a good place to spend time. Good to see granparents making friends

PANJOO January 28, 2012

This nursing facility has been personally seen by me. I have found it neat and clean, with life at its best. Residents are living with high esteem and honor. Quality of life being offered by the organizers is of a high standard. Activities have been thoroughly planned to offer all residents an opportunity to generate a healthy spirit and an atmosphere of love and care. Staff employed on duty has always been forthcoming to look after the needs of residents and providing them every facility they desire. Persons are treated as family members and they really enjoy the relationship of trust. I have talked to the residents who all very extremely happy. They shared their thoughts and experience of living here and were satisfied. Diet schedule is very balanced and nutritious. Additionally, the patients have been extended an opportunity to follow the diet program as prescribed by the physician or nutritionist. Overall, I would rate this facility very high and recommend it.

JeffK November 17, 2011

My mother was a resident at Sunrise of Cresskill for the last 6 months of her life. Sunrise is a beautiful facility with well-kept, clean public areas and an attentive and compassionate staff. Laundry service and meals are provided. There are many activities available to residents, including various physical fitness activities, games, movies and state-of-the-art memory improvement equipment. I never once saw or heard of a staff member being harsh or impatient with a resident and there were no instances of theft during my mother's time there. I would not hesitate to recommend Sunrise of Cresskill to anyone in Bergen County looking for an assisted living facility for themselves or an elderly relative.

Visitor6452 September 10, 2011

I visited the Sunrise of Cresskill this summer to determine whether or not it would be a good place to put my grandmother in the future. I was very impressed with the amenities at this location in addition to the architecture of the building. As soon as you pull up, there are pillars which look like an exquisite building, which is where my grandmother would call home. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to the residents of the home as I was able to see them in action. I also was able to see the meals that were served on a typical day at the home. I was told that the laundry is done on a timely basis and there were many activities which I saw the inhabitants participating in during the day. I also liked the landscaping of the assistant living facility and thought it was a very comfortable place for my grandmother to live.

From Sunrise of Cresskill

From the moment you enter our front doors, you will feel the warmth created by the dignified approach that Sunrise of Cresskill takes to senior living. Whether you live in our vibrant independent living community, active assisted living setting, or our Reminiscence Neighborhoods for those with memory loss, you will enjoy the combination of amenities from comfortable apartments, to a variety of social activities available both within and outside of our community, to elegant dining experiences each day. Conveniently located just 8 miles from the George Washington Bridge, we hope that you are able to visit with us soon to discuss how we can effectively meet your needs.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Cresskill

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Features of Sunrise of Cresskill

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: variable staffing

• Licenses: yes

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise of Cresskill