Cottonwood Village

201 E. Mingus Ave., Cottonwood, AZ, 86326

Reviews of Cottonwood Village

Caring112997550 September 17, 2015

I looked at Cottonwood Village; it's too big, and it would be too confusing for my husband. He had to be able to go downstairs to eat and for activities upstairs. It's a huge facility, and I don't want him in anything that big, but the care would probably be good. I have a friend that was just placed there, and she never lived with an elevator -- nor has my husband. Trying to figure out if she's going up or down or which floor she is on is just totally above and beyond for her, and that's exactly where he would be.

Caring112597550 August 31, 2015

We visited Cottonwood Village. It was good. The staff seemed acceptable, and it had a very nice dining room.

Annette16 July 13, 2015

We went and visited Cottonwood. We liked it very much. It was nice and clean. We were shown two different apartments -- a one-bedroom and a two-bedroom. We met several of the staff there. They were all very informative of what they had to offer and the prices. They gave us a lot of information to bring home. I would recommend them mainly because of the cleanliness and the variation of help that they had. In other words, you could stay in the same apartment whether you needed assisted living or more than that. The hospital was across the street, and they had transportation to larger hospitals in case you needed it.

Youngs9999@ June 25, 2015

My parents were at this facility. When placed there, it was one fee, then they "assessed" them and raised the fee! An outrageous fee for the services they say they provide. When we took them away from there...a mere five months later as we all disliked this place and especially the director...there were dirty clothes in the washing machine, in the dryer, laying in the shower and in a clothes basket! There was an area rug in the shower, so obviously they were not being assisted with showers. The whole apartment smelled of urine! If they were cleaning as they said they were, this would not be the case! We are very glad they are no longer there and would not recommend this place to anyone...ever!,,, do not put your loved ones in this facility!!

Caring103899950 April 20, 2015

Very nice community. Good people. They were very helpful. At this time, the couple I'm helping is not ready to go into Cottonwood Village, but I would recommend it. We were looking at a one-bedroom, and it was certainly spacious enough for two. They had two meals a day. They had transport to doctor's appointments and outings to shopping and different entertainment.

They should improve on their marketing; they need to listen to the client and not try to push for placement.

Caring7210 March 19, 2014

We placed our mother at Cottonwood Village last November. It's right down the street from where my mom lives, from where we lived before. She's pretty acclimated at this point. Her room has a pretty view of the mountain, so she's happy. It's pretty small and it took us time to get used to, but it's laid out very well. And she has a very nice bathroom which is larger than what she has at home. She loves the food. She goes on some of their little trips and special parties, and she might help out in the little bookstore or in the store in the facility. They sell gum and stuff. They keep her busy. The staff is wonderful.

Nonslid July 11, 2011

In visiting this facility I enjoyed the grounds and garden areas. While wondering around in the garden area I noted a resident and a staff member sitting on a bench talking. They looked up and stated that I could sit there also and they scooted over to make room. They said that they were not discussing anything private that I would overhear and therefore intrude on the facilities policy of privacy. As I sat there looking about, I heard them discussing plants and gardening in general. It seems that the gentleman had once owned a nursery and was very knowledgable about plants and care of plants. the staff member was not only listening in a polite manner but was encouraging the resident to reminesce over his knowledge and past life experiences, she would ask questions that showed that she was genuinely interested in what the resident had to say. they were thoroughly enjoying their time together there in the garden. It was a very pleasant insight for me to see that staff members did care about the residents and wanted to learn more about their former lifestyles and knowledge. A very positive intake on how an elderly person is regarded and treated.

From Cottonwood Village

Welcome to Cottonwood Village. Discover all the amenities of a spacious apartment home tucked into a quiet, historic community surrounded by the grandeur of spectacular mountain scenery. Fresh air, the pure waters of the Verde River and the world-renowned red rocks of Sedona are among the features that draw residents from near and far to Cottonwood Village. These, along with our warm and caring family-like atmosphere, contribute to a rich retirement experience.

Enjoy a spacious apartment, rented on a month-to-month basis, with no initial investment. Your monthly fee includes 24-hour staffing for peace of mind, table-side dining service, housekeeping and linen services, transportation and bountiful recreational opportunities. For our residents with special needs, we offer Assisted Living services on site. Our team of professionals provides assistance when needed with the activities that become increasingly difficult with age. Services include assistance with dressing, bathing, personal laundry and medication management.

Features of Cottonwood Village