Carefree Assisted Living Center

22 South 7th St, Cottonwood, AZ, 86326

Reviews of Carefree Assisted Living Center

Connie T. February 19, 2016

Old age, dementia, Alzheimer's (not necessarily in that order) have a way of sneaking up on you. For my mom, it was a slow progression that we imagined we could handle every step of the way. We couldn't. After years of caring for her at home, Carefree has taken over tasks that I could no longer handle. She is happy, engaged, and safe. They have incredible caregivers 'round the clock in a "just the right size" facility. So much kindness and genuine concern for her well being. She is blessed to live here. I can't thank you enough for giving me the opportunity to love my Mom again.

LMRandall01 January 27, 2016

I thought it would be important to share my personal experience with Carefree Assisted Living Center, as this is a profoundly important decision for many families to make. I have to say, Carefree is truly the best facility I have seen of it's kind. As a physical therapist, I have seen many facilities and none as caring and clean as Carefree. Last year, I had the opportunity to visit Carefree as a friend's mother made her transition from this world. The staff was so caring and nurturing, not only to my friend's mother but also to my friend and myself at a difficult time. Each caregiver and nurse that entered the room showed their genuine care and love, sometimes with tears in their eyes. I am very grateful for the loving and fully attentive environment that Carefree clearly demonstrates to it's residents and their families.

s_marsh09 September 29, 2011

I had to, unfortunately, put my father in an assisted living center recently. He was no longer to care for himself and we couldn't accommodate him either. We looked and toured this facility multiple times before we finally chose to go with another place, although this place did have amenities that others didn't have. For instance, we really liked the down-home feel of the rooms and the entire location. It was very comfortable, cozy even, with it's limited ground size. It looked like a house! They did offer personal, independent rooms that were like apartments. Or you can choose to have a room-mate. They also seemed less institutional. They give more active personalized monitoring for each person. They offer certain amenities with different rooms. For example, some rooms offer for you to bring your own furniture in and others have a kitchenette. But they said they can only sometimes offer basic needs my father would need. Such as bathing, changing, laundry, meals, transportation, etc. I think the only reason we didn't go with this center is because it was a more independent in-home facility than what we were looking for.

From Carefree Assisted Living Center

CAREFREE ASSISTED LIVING CENTER offers a gracious Hacienda style custom residence for your loved one, centrally located in beautiful Cottonwood, Arizona, in the heart of the Verde Valley Region of North Central Arizona. Our spacious and charming Seniors care facility and residence was constructed in 2004 - specifically designed to create a naturally bright living experience with the use of several skylights and custom glass windows and doors to bring the famous Arizona sunshine indoors within a comfortable climate controlled setting.

​Over the years, CAREFREE ASSISTED LIVING CENTER has earned an enviable reputation for providing the finest in Assisted Care Living for our Seniors. We are very proud of that distinction. Our size is limited to a maximum of 20 residents, allowing us to uniquely blend the services and amenities of some of the larger institution-style facilities while maintaining a loving and compassionate home-like experience often found lacking in the larger assisted care institutions. Carefree is widely recognized throughout Northern Arizona for our unparalleled high standards of personalized care, and is wholly licensed by the State of Arizona to provide Independent, Supervisory, Personal and Directed levels of care to our residents – including meeting the needs of 2 person transfer residents.

​Our staff of Arizona State Licensed Caregivers and Medical Technicians are fully trained with the most current methods in Senior Assisted Living and care, and take great pride in ensuring our residents are cared for with a compassioned blend of skill, respect and personal dignity. In addition to the established guidelines set forth in our various Care Programs, Carefree works closely with the resident’s personal physicians and/or specialized therapists to ensure the most complete health and wellness protocols are observed and maintained on a daily basis. Carefree is also staffed with our own LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse).

​At Carefree, it is part of our culture to ensure that not only are one’s medical and assisted care needs met at a professional level, but also the social, psychological and lifestyle needs of our residents are cared for in step. To that end, we have 3 Activities Co-ordinators on staff who routinely offer a healthy combination of mental stimulation activities and physical exercising, along with elective participation in uplifting music, artwork and games – all designed to ensure a happy lifestyle environment for all of our residents. A weekly in-house prayer and spiritual gathering is also part of Carefree, as directed by our visiting Pastors.

​Our facility is also equipped with a Lounge area television (utilizing Directv® satellite television service), a DVD player and a multiplex sound and music system. Carefree also has a Library on-site, containing a wide array of reading material and books as well as a computer with Internet access. The entire building is equipped with high-speed WI-FI and each room has been wired for Directv® and personal telephone service.

All of our delicious and well-proportioned meals are prepared by our chefs on-site, including meeting the specialized needs of those residents who require a reduced or sugar free diet, low-sodium diet or foods prepared with gluten-free additives or components. Desserts and snacks are also included. Our culinary skills have been recognized as the recipient of Yavapai County's Health Department coveted Golden Plate Award.

All residents receive daily housekeeping and in-house laundry services at no additional cost, and our Caregivers are promptly and accurately remotely-accessed through both a wired and wireless Pendant–style pager call system. One of the most popular attributes of the living experience at Carefree is our outdoor living area, complete with a small pond and water feature, bird feeders, indigenous Arizona plants, Mediterranean palm trees and an outdoor BBQ. The outdoor patio has comfortable seating and meeting areas, covered protection from the direct sun, and is completely enclosed for the safety and security of our residents. The vast majority of our rooms look directly into the outdoor living area, ensuring that natural light and scenery comes from both outside the room as well as from the windows within. Furthermore, the Mingus Mountains of Arizona create an engaging scenic backdrop to our facility.

​Also of note, Carefree Assisted Living Center is located in very close proximity to both the region’s largest hospital (Verde Valley Medical Center) and Cottonwood’s cultural and shopping centers, as well as easy access to several local places of worship.

Carefree is recognized throughout North Central Arizona as providing the finest care for it's residents - all provided in a warm and inviting home environment. Our Licensed Caregivers and Certified Medical Technicians are typically long serving members of our team, creating an important continuity of care to all of our residents

Features of Carefree Assisted Living Center

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: outdoor pond in secured area, outdoor patios, indoor fireplace, Directv, Personal Grooming Services on-site, special dietary plans, Award winning Meals and Food Preparation

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Activities extra: Movie Nights, Holiday Parties/Celebrations

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,100/month

• Pets: No pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 6:1 to 8:1
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Supervisory, Personal and Directed
  • State License(s): AL9522C

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Carefree Assisted Living Center