Walden Place

839 Bennie Road, Cortland, NY, 13045

Reviews of Walden Place

Richard86849250 June 30, 2014

The only one that I've been to is Walden Place. It's not for me. It is too small, too crowded and it doesn’t impress me at all. I live out in the country and going into a place like that is going to make a lot of difference. This one lady in there showed us all around. The food was good. I think they have activities by I am not sure. The staff was very nice. It was a nice place; it wasn’t for me.

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed that you did not have better experience at Walden Place. We apologize as we are undergoing a renovation and thus we are in the process of making some improvements throughout the community. Feel free to reach out to me directly as I would like to understand more specifically why you did not have a better experience and invite you back to the community when the renovation is complete.

Angie Conklin, Executive Director, 607-756-2517

Bossard Family February 14, 2014

We can’t say enough about Walden Place and its amazing staff. Yes the facility is clean and well kept as you would expect. And there are plenty of activities for the residents to get involved in, which you would also expect. Exercise, Bible Study, Arts and Crafts, Bingo, Field Trips, Manicures and so much more. However what you may not expect is the true passion that the staff has for its residents. Our Mother recently had a doctor’s appointment, to which she needed a ride. Walden provided her with a ride, but it didn’t stop there. Her driver walked her into the doctor’s office, she didn’t need him to, but he did. Upon picking her back up, he let her know that he had to pick up a few other residents from appointments on the way back. Knowing that they would all be missing lunch, the driver had brought a copy of the lunch menu with him. Once everyone was picked up he called into Walden Place and placed everyone’s lunch orders so that they would have a hot lunch ready for them when they got “home”. That is going above and beyond. When my husband and I were out of town and Mom had to be taken to the hospital. The staff at Walden really stepped up. They called and checked on her everyday and then contact us and let us know how she was doing. When she was released, Walden Place even went to pick her up for us. Mom loves her life at Walden. She has made many new friends and tried things that she would never have tried. Her quality of life and health have increased since moving into Walden and we have the staff at Walden Place to thank.

We would recommend Walden Place to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. It’s a loving caring environment that will enhance your life or the life of someone you care about.

SharonR1205 February 09, 2014

My brother is a resident of Walden Place. The decision to place David in a facility was difficult but necessary. Thank God for the staff at Walden Place. They treat my brother like he was family. Other relatives that have visited him say he has gained weight and is so very happy and content. When I call him on the phone he keeps telling me how good the food is and how nice everyone is. You can't ask for more. If I have any concerns or questions the staff are always available to assist me as well. Thank you again for your professional, yet caring, approach to your residents.

sanhat292 July 27, 2011

One "wing" of the this Assisted Living Facility is dedicated to Memory Loss. As with any care facility, Walden Place is not 100% in every area but pretty darn close. The residents in Memory Care are treated with the utmost respect and the facilities are top notch. Programming is structured so all residents have several activities each day and are stimulated both physically and mentally. The food is superb!! All residents join in a common room and socialize during mealtime. This is in no way your perceived "Nursing Home." Medical treatment is not part of the plan but everyday medication delivery is. This is an ideal facility for those who are not bed ridden and still benefit from interaction.

From Walden Place

Senior assisted living at Walden Place offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Walden Place, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Cortland has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Walden Place, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

5 miles from the nearest hospital--Cortland regional medical center___ Offer a neighborhood dedicated to caring for residents with memory support.___ The Resident Program Director was the 2012 Senior Lifestyle National Program Director of the Year___ Have a Registered Nurse on-site___ Community was renovated in 2013

Features of Walden Place

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Walden Place